Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I have a hotmail address that is my primary address: profanity@hotmail.com
    I created an alias outlook address worldsbestcandidate@outlook.com which is more professional looking and one which I use in job interviews.

The problem arises when I added the emails to my blackberry 9700 running os5.
    Both accounts just downloaded the emails from my primary email address profanity@hotmail.com

I actually nearly missed out on a job interview because an email I received never showed up in my blackberry.

Is it possible to have the alias have its own account on my blackberry?

Thanks in advance.
    A
    07-26-14 05:42 AM
    I dont think this will work on BBOS devices. I not sure this would even work on BB10 actually. I will have to test out perhaps
    07-26-14 12:56 PM
    Surely its possible to recieve email from my alias outlook account no?

.....thats frustrating...

thanks anyway.
    07-27-14 05:11 AM
    Do you want to be able to send from both accounts or just receive from both accounts?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 06:10 AM
    Ideally I would like to have my email accounts seperate so that I would reduce the risk of missing an important email coming through my alias account.

Also I have noticed that even though I send an email using the alias it seems to still come up in part of the email that it came from my primary address. Is this something that can be fixed?

I am now able to get all my emails on my device (just not properly filtered yet). Outlook.com puts the alias emails into a folder automatically. If you disable this filter rule and send ALL emails to the inbox your blackberry can then download them.

I am having initial success using filters to seperate the emails on the device. I'm still messing around with it so i'm not sure if its fixed yet.
    07-27-14 07:17 AM