Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
09-18-09 03:18 PM
343 ... 34567 ...
tools
    does anybody know if the camera is 3.2?

@cyrusurway: how the f@ck did u sell ur bold for $340!!!! if i got a deal like that i would gladly sell it.
    08-09-09 07:11 PM
    Why would this phone go to Verizon when they already have the TOUR which is pretty much the same exact phone except it has n0 wifi. If the ONYX did come to Verizon I would think it would kill TOUR sales.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 07:20 PM
    But anyways this phone looks real nice... The only thing that I might miss from my BOLD is the light up trackball. But I do agree the fron does look kind of plain jane looking but the back is like real lovely makes me want to touch it.

08-09-09 07:22 PM
    Tmobile better step their game up and release something soon or they'll see a bunch of customer flock over to at&t for the Onyx.....yes I know they are supposed to be the same phone but there is almost little next to no info on the Driftwood so I'm sure people will get unpatient....like mysel lol

08-09-09 07:37 PM
    I am pretty sure T-Mobile is getting the 'Bold' 9700, but all I've seen is at&t this and that. I just want to make sure it's coming to T-Mobile too!
    08-09-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks for the great review, can't wait to see this Berry in action!
    08-09-09 07:53 PM
    Sweet pictures? But what's up with Bold on the back if its not the Bold replacement? What about the onyx/merlin name, why wouldn't that be on the back is my question

08-09-09 08:14 PM
    The unit is not a finished unit. Meaning, its still in testing and when launched may not have Bold on the back. Until it goes to mass production nothing is final.

08-09-09 08:17 PM
    so they could potentially get rid of the trackpad and put back the trackball?
    08-09-09 08:18 PM
    Amazing device.
    Onyx will be my next BlackBerry。
    08-09-09 08:22 PM
    The unit is not a finished unit. Meaning, its still in testing and when launched may not have Bold on the back. Until it goes to mass production nothing is final.
    I totally agree I've seen a few and they don't say BOLD on the back...
    08-09-09 08:24 PM
    Ok all I got some much better pictures of this...

PG

look at the back !

i count 4 different material/finishes ???? WTF?

glossy plastic, matte plastic, leather, painted plastic....this is terrible

whats with all these parts too...how about a solid back or chasis? Bad fit and finish in my opinion.

have u ever seen a guy wear all black and none of the items match, thats what this reminds me of...rim better get serious and hire some real industrial designers....this thing stinks bad!

this is going right to colorware if i get one....shame on rim!
    Last edited by mortys11; 08-09-09 at 08:30 PM.
    08-09-09 08:25 PM
    **** i want it! its not available yet in indonesia tho
    08-09-09 08:29 PM
    Can you post some pic. of the os thank you for your time

p.s. i am on att and have the 8900 now and can not what till this comes out
    08-09-09 08:32 PM
    I wanted to ask if anyone knows when is it coming to Asia ? Singapore or Hong Kong specifically?

I guess the more appropriate question will be, when is RIM scheduling to put this into mass production?
    And usually, how many weeks after mass production dates will the telco officially launch this?

Gotta work a tentative from mass production dates then...

sigh!

08-09-09 08:33 PM
    look at the back !

i count 4 different material/finishes ???? WTF?

glossy plastic, matte plastic, leather, painted plastic....this is terrible

whats with all these parts too...how about a solid back or chasis? Bad fit and finish in my opinion.

have u ever seen a guy wear all black and none of the items match, thats what this reminds me of...rim better get serious and hire some real industrial designers....this thing stinks bad!

this is going right to colorware if i get one....shame on rim!
    Just in case you missed that...
    08-09-09 08:36 PM
    This late in the testing process and considering none of the earlier prototypes shown on CB have had "Bold" stamped on the back. The "Bold" is not printed on; it is stamped on. At this point, the higher testing priority is operational/functional in nature and not cosmetic since it appears that is nearly settled. Granted, we won't know until the device hits the market later this year or very early next year.
    08-09-09 08:46 PM
    A lot of the youtube problem with blackberries is youtube itself. The way youtube encodes the videos for blckberries is crap. I have tons of videos on my phone and they look almost like the speed racer demo the phone comes with

That's a bummer...youtube should do something about that. I know the iPhone had issues at first and for the first few months youtube worked to make sure the videos were a-ok on the iPhone, they should do the same for BB. That's the only thing that ever irritated me with the BB, but thanks for letting me know it may not be the BB after all.

And to phonegeek, thanks for replying and checking
    08-09-09 08:47 PM
    No the 9700 will not launch in North America first.

If I had a dollar for every time you mentioned this .......
    08-09-09 08:48 PM
    This late in the testing process and considering none of the earlier prototypes shown on CB have had "Bold" stamped on the back. The "Bold" is not printed on; it is stamped on. At this point, the higher testing priority is operational/functional in nature and not cosmetic since it appears that is nearly settled. Granted, we won't know until the device hits the market later this year or very early next year.
    The 9700 will surely be released this year. Guaranteed.

08-09-09 09:26 PM
    Isn't AT&T the one coming out with a 4G network, or is that Sprint? If it is AT&T will it be compatible with the 4G network?
    08-09-09 09:29 PM
    Isn't AT&T the one coming out with a 4G network, or is that Sprint? If it is AT&T will it be compatible with the 4G network?
    It will not be 4G compatible, RIM isn't going to spend the money putting a chipset in a phone that, as of now, no carrier really supports.

Yes, Sprint will have a 4G network, as will AT&T and Verizon.

As for who will have one first, all of them like to be children and claim they will be, as far as I know, Sprint claims that in their commercials, but we'll see if they actually ARE the first to have a 4G network. Verizon has been working on LTE (4G) for a while, so we'll see who gets a 4G network up and running first. Don't expect it until 2010 (probably late) at the earliest.
    08-09-09 09:32 PM
    Obviously I don't have an onyx in front of me so I'm going by the comparison pics. But from the pics it looks like the screen is the same size as the bold? I think everone says the screen looks smaller is because the actual device is smaller. But it looks like RIM crammed a large screen by makinf the buttons and keypad smaller, and by making the lip/bezel smaller on the outside. Is it an optical illusion or maybe I'm just an idiot? Phonegeek can you confirm this (the screen size not the ***** part ?

Thanks!!

08-09-09 09:36 PM
    Phonegeek

Does the battery door wiggle?

Not in the slightest.
    08-09-09 09:42 PM
    Glad to see the trackpad. Not so for the fake leather. Option to erase it?
    08-09-09 09:47 PM
343 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD