09-18-09 03:18 PM
343 12345 ...
tools
    what happened with the RED lettering numbers ? all i see is white ones on the Onyx

i think the red/white keypad matches better and looks 3x better
    You won't see red/white keypad on at&t blackberries.... It's a Verizon thing.
    08-09-09 01:50 PM
    Post some pics!!
    08-09-09 02:01 PM
    Post some pics!!
    Top of page 4.
    08-09-09 02:16 PM
    Thanks for the breakdown PG, i really need to get rid of my Bold and get an Onyx...

...My questions to you is, does it have threaded SMS?
    08-09-09 03:13 PM
    thanks phonegeek! I can't wait for this on Rogers now!
    08-09-09 03:20 PM
    I guess I'm going back to at&t after all.
    08-09-09 03:21 PM
    Amazing!! I'm liking the looks of
    this!!! Thanks for the pix PG!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 03:56 PM
    Phonegeek: would you mind testing youtube?

I guess by that I mean, does it look craptastic? The one thing that really irritated me with the Bold was that when you loaded a video from youtube, the sound was terrible and the video was always so choppy and crappy. I really hope that isn't the case with the onyx.

I'm really debating if I want to keep my 32GB iPhone or when the onyx comes out drop the iPhone and buy a 32GB touch/Onyx combo but the one thing that would make that hard is the media on youtube. I like to have that option and on the Bold, I found that almost unusable. I don't know if it was file formats or youtube rendering funny. I love how the iPhone shows videos just as clear as on a computer, on the bold, the audio and video were both unbearable IMO.
    A lot of the youtube problem with blackberries is youtube itself. The way youtube encodes the videos for blckberries is crap. I have tons of videos on my phone and they look almost like the speed racer demo the phone comes with

08-09-09 03:57 PM
    sounds like a gsm version of the tour with wifi and a trackpad, like the 9650 rumored to come out to sprint/verizon. Right?
    08-09-09 04:20 PM
    phonegeek you just made my day with those pics.
    my bold has served me well for 8 months so far. I think its time for me to add the 2nd blackberry to my collection of blackberries. My bold is set to be retired. selling it will be a viable option.

im guessing the next blackberry will have touchscreen, qwerty, and optical trackpad. lol.
    08-09-09 04:22 PM
    No the 9700 will not launch in North America first.

08-09-09 04:31 PM
    You won't see red/white keypad on at&t blackberries.... It's a Verizon thing.
    ummm tmobile has red numbers white letters.
    08-09-09 04:40 PM
    what is the screen resolution?how large a micro sd card can be supported?
    08-09-09 04:49 PM
    ummm tmobile has red numbers white letters.
    Yes but the at&t version of the Bold came with all white letters and numbers

what is the screen resolution?how large a micro sd card can be supported?
    I only have an 8GB and it works great with that. I may pick up a larger one in the next week or so.
    08-09-09 04:56 PM
    Great info PG! Do you have any way of checking if the phone is capable of UMA? I do believe ATT doesn't support the service, but I am with Rogers which does support it.
    08-09-09 05:00 PM
    Ok all I got some much better pictures of this...

PG
    08-09-09 05:06 PM
    Great info PG! Do you have any way of checking if the phone is capable of UMA? I do believe ATT doesn't support the service, but I am with Rogers which does support it.
    The version I have doesn't have this feature
    08-09-09 05:08 PM
    (first post!)

Is anyone else bummed about the faux leather backing? That's the only thing that bugs me about the Onyx now (and the Bold too). But I guess eventually there will be replacement back covers available? I'd love something more like the metal cover on the storm. Or the carbon fiber look that was on some of the prototypes.

Also, do we know what the processor is yet, specifically?

I've been getting sick and tired of my iPhone 3G, and the Onyx might be my next phone. Debating between that or one of the upcoming Android phones. The Xperia 3 is looking pretty sweet, but who knows when that's coming out...
    08-09-09 05:09 PM
    No the 9700 will not launch in North America first.

Will the first 9700 launch with a QWERTY keyboard???
    08-09-09 05:10 PM
    OH wait!! it says BOLD on the BACK!!!
    08-09-09 05:13 PM
    The Onyx is really the Bold 2??????
    08-09-09 05:17 PM
    this means it is the bold replacement. all the theories have been answered. and im all in for this device.
    how much longer before this arrives on att? november?
    08-09-09 05:19 PM
    very nice review cant wait to get this bad boy...
    08-09-09 05:31 PM
    Is anyone else bummed about the faux leather backing? That's the only thing that bugs me about the Onyx now (and the Bold too). But I guess eventually there will be replacement back covers available? I'd love something more like the metal cover on the storm. Or the carbon fiber look that was on some of the prototypes.

Also, do we know what the processor is yet, specifically?
    IMO this is a good thing. The device doesn't slide on the dash. The metal cover on the 8900 scratches easy or at least mine did...

Will the first 9700 launch with a QWERTY keyboard???
    I expect it to launch like the photos.

OH wait!! it says BOLD on the BACK!!!
    LOL... Yeah it does but as my friend CX says it's not a Bold replacement.
    08-09-09 05:32 PM
    How exciting. I was going to get the 8900. But now I will wait for this to be released. Thanks for the information.
    08-09-09 05:33 PM
343 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD