Blimey where do I start.
    25th March my 9700 stopped sending and receiving data. Called Orange, spoke to handset support and after a while it was escalated to tech.

Over 3 weeks later and they have only just agreed to replace the phone. Not because they agree its faulty but because its taking so long they are "willing to replace the phone as a one off"

Unfortunatly they sent me the replacement yesterday, an 8520 !

So im sitting here STILL waiting for a replacement phone that apparently im not even entitled to.
    They say the issue lays with RIM and my account, hwever cant get their heads around the fact that my SIM and account work perfectly well on my other Blackberry and a friends 9700 also on Orange.

I am SO close to just leaving Orange now. I have 6 lines with them, so its their loss.

heres to hoping the replacement phone turns up today and its the right one.
    04-15-10 08:23 AM
    If the replacement 9700 is delayed I think I would be testing with the "wrong" phone they sent while you wait for the right one to turn up. It will prove beyond all doubt whether the issue is with the handset and its identities. Having a Used phone returned is their problem, they should have sent the correct replacement first time.
    04-15-10 09:37 AM
    Unfortunatly they only sent me the body of the phone, not a complete phone so I was unable to.
    I already have an 8520 which I have used to test the account on, and its been working fine, and also tested on another 9700 which worked fine.

The replacement arrived about an hour ago and is functioning without fault.

Which now just leaves the discussion with Orange on how they are going to make up for leaving me without a 9700 for 3 weeks while insisting it was a network issue, which we now know, it WAS NOT !
    04-15-10 10:43 AM
    1 day later, all still working well.
    Informed Orange. Not really much of an apology, and get this, as a gesture of goodwill they are going to waive my months line rental. WOW !
    04-16-10 08:55 AM
    I am SO close to just leaving Orange now.
    One word....Vodafone
    04-16-10 09:09 AM
    even if i had that trouble i wouldnt leave orange. they are the best of a bad bunch for two reason:
    1. The insurance is fantastic, next day replacement, no questions asked, 7 days a week
    2. UMA
    04-16-10 11:40 AM
    on my 3rd 9700, op. you're not alone!
    04-16-10 12:02 PM
    even if i had that trouble i wouldnt leave orange. they are the best of a bad bunch for two reason:
    1. The insurance is fantastic, next day replacement, no questions asked, 7 days a week
    2. UMA
    lol 1 is flawed mate, "next day" was indeed next day. As in the day after they finally decided to replace it, 23 days after it broke!

Until now I would have said exactly the same, but this has all been dealt with SO badly it makes me wonder if I really want to stay with them. I said on day 1 it was a handset fault, 3 weeks later I was proven right. Hardly even an apology.

bmw, im glad to hear it mate lol, cheers for making me feel better.

Voda was tempting til I saw the tariffs lol. Im gonna see what retentions can do for me when it comes to renewal in a few weeks time, then go from there. Main thing is, I have my 9700 back
    04-16-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD