Anyone know of a way to save an email message as an archived image on a media card. It is a pain to try and keep track of sent / received emails and then print to pdf from a computer later on. I need to archive outgoing and incoming emails as digital images with dates -- "c_06_03_2010_a.pdf" would be the first email I generated today to the client.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 11:01 AM
    From Messages or in the actual message, highlight the message to save, press Menu and select Save As. You can choose your own filename as a .txt file on the SD Card.

I am running OS 5.0.0.680.
    06-03-10 12:20 PM
    One step closer, however, I do not see an option to highlight all text (header, subject, body). The purpose of this project is to essentially have evidence (a printable document) that I can use in court as an exhibit. The horizontal dividers prevent highlighting the header, subject and body in one fell swoop. A flat text file is not as convincing as jpg or pdf of the email, because there might be a question as to the evidence being tampered with (e.g., edited). On the desktop computer, I use Yahoo print option to pull up a separate window of just the e-mail (without advertisements) and I save as pdf. I am looking for something similar in the BlackBerry arena.
    Last edited by lawlist; 06-03-10 at 01:13 PM.
    06-03-10 01:10 PM
    I just tried this and it does work. It saves the email to the folder you want using your selected filename.txt.

There is no way to save as a .pdf. You will have to do the conversion once it its your PC, I'm afraid.

For me, once I had changed the filename away from "message.txt" it saved the message header and the text.

What it won't do is to save a chronological list of emails sequentially (like the old telex machines used to do). Even Outlook would struggle with that on a PC.

Each email would be save to its own unique (you name it) seperate filename.

Once on a PC these can be easily concatonated provided the filenames are kept sequential to a single file using the DOS Copy command (much underated, imo). This would generate a single file with each email lited in order. If this is imported to Word and then printed via one of the many free PDF printer programs available under Windows and that's it done.

Hope this helps.
    06-03-10 01:30 PM
    I have OS v.5.0.0.656. There may be an issue with the size of the text file. A large text file containing a couple of e-mails back and forth between a client and I (reply to sender) cannot be saved, except for the header. However, a short e-mail such as a reply from this forum can be saved in its entirety.
    Last edited by lawlist; 06-03-10 at 02:31 PM.
    06-03-10 02:27 PM
    How about a "send to" application, anyone with a suggestion? I see that AddOnIs can send an email to the memo pad, but how about something that sends an email to "Word to Go" or something else? I just sent over a feature request to AddOnIs.
    Last edited by lawlist; 06-03-10 at 03:22 PM.
    06-03-10 02:36 PM
    Y'know you may have something there. Why don't you ask AddonIs to make you a special version that invokes Word To Go rather than MemoPad.

I bet that for a small donation they would help you out. It would be a very small change but you would probably get stuck with fewer updates for the program. However if it works, who cares.

I use AddonIs and I think they are a pretty helpful company.
    06-03-10 03:24 PM
    Thank you -- I never would have thought of a special version just for me, but it is certainly worth a shot. When they respond to my feature request / suggestion (sent by me a few minutes ago), I'll bring up the idea.
    06-03-10 03:28 PM
    Thank you -- I never would have thought of a special version just for me, but it is certainly worth a shot. When they respond to my feature request / suggestion (sent by me a few minutes ago), I'll bring up the idea.
    Most programming shop are quite small and if you make a sensible request (like run program B here instead of program A) followed up with beer money, they are usually pretty helpful.

Try to keep this a simple as you can. Programmers, whilst helpful and failrly easily confused is things are not spelt out very clearly. DOn;t get me wrong, they are smart guys, just --- different.
    06-03-10 03:58 PM
    Just a thought, what about using a screen capture program like CaptureIt?
    06-03-10 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD