09-19-15 01:21 AM
28 12
tools
    Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can delete all the contacts in my phone book without wiping the whole handheld. I just wanna delete all the contacts without having to do it one by one.
    12-19-09 09:04 AM
    Through Desktop Manager you can clear the whole database.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 09:08 AM
    Through Desktop Manager you can clear the whole database.

It won't read it. It won't sync.
    12-19-09 09:09 AM
    Open Contacts app, Hit Menu Key, Choose Options and then while at the main options menu for contacts type either RSET or WIPE and it should delete all the contacts on your phone. It won't appear on the screen that you are typing anything but it should respond once you enter the last letter of RSET or WIPE. Note: This also works for the calendar, by doing the same thing but in the Calendar app.

- Dan
    andy957, Guatiao, KhoiGia and 9 others like this.
    12-19-09 09:21 AM
    Open Contacts app, Hit Menu Key, Choose Options and then while at the main options menu for contacts type either RSET or WIPE and it should delete all the contacts on your phone. It won't appear on the screen that you are typing anything but it should respond once you enter the last letter of RSET or WIPE. Note: This also works for the calendar, by doing the same thing but in the Calendar app.

- Dan

3 plus years and I STILL learn something new all the time. THANK YOU!! I need to clear my calendar.
    TROOP3R likes this.
    12-19-09 09:29 AM

- Dan
    Awesome! I think that did it. Thanks for all your help guys. I was googling and found this as well.
    12-19-09 09:29 AM
    But now it won't sync in Dektop Manager. Now what do I do?

12-19-09 09:40 AM

- Dan
    Thank you Dan, this was driving me nuts! Worked like a charm.
    09-04-11 01:09 PM
    But now it won't sync in Dektop Manager. Now what do I do?

flirtaciousboi, i know you posted this 2 years ago so hopefully it's been resolved for you by now.

On my 9780, I followed the RSET instructions above, deleted all my calendars (had my gmail calendar there twice!), then re-synced my device through DM using Outlook 2010 and it worked fine.
    09-04-11 01:16 PM
    This is the most helpful thing I have ever read on the Internet!!!!!!! Mahooosive thanks!
    09-23-11 01:13 PM
    Hey this worked great to delete all my contacts. One problem, when I restored my contacts it put them in 'unknown'. I used bb protect to restore. What do I have to do to put them in the 'default' contact list?

10-01-11 05:48 PM
    Totally agree!

This is the most helpful thing I have ever read on the Internet!!!!!!! Mahooosive thanks!
    10-01-11 10:55 PM
    OS 5: Options > Advanced Options > Security Wipe. Check off Contacts, then proceed. That's about all. There are other methods too. OS 6: Options, type in Security Wipe, select it, check off contacts, proceed.

10-03-11 12:09 AM
    I ended up backing up contacts to my PC, then wiped contacts on my phone. Then restored from computer. Had no contacts so it created the default list.

10-04-11 07:00 AM

- Dan
    Thanks Dan, that really helped me out.
    12-16-11 12:35 PM
    Dumb question. This works fine for phones with a keyboard but what about on an all touch device? I need to do this for my Curve 9380. Thanks.
    02-02-12 09:31 PM

- Dan
    Thanx that helped
    08-12-12 07:03 AM
    Thanks for sharing this question. I have a great solution of this. Add a new app into your mobile that is multiple contacts delete. This is available for all blackberry mobile models. Its very helpful application. So install it in your mobile free and paid.
    09-23-12 02:03 AM
    Thanks for sharing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    09-24-12 08:21 PM
    Worked for me...even today on my 9900. Thanks so much!
    09-26-12 06:11 PM
    Thanks Dan. Thank you so much
    01-25-14 07:55 PM
    Dear Dan, should I install any aap? Nothing happens on my Mobile screen. Please assist me to delete all the contacts from my BlackBerry curve 8520
    01-25-14 08:04 PM
    Thanks for the information. It works
    01-31-14 11:03 AM
    That was a great help. Thank you very much Dan
    02-27-14 10:00 AM
    Solutions like this is what makes this forum the best I've ever joined....any forum, not just Blackberry. Well organized and a wealth of useful tips and information. Well done guys.
    04-07-14 09:47 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD