Dear forum brothers and sisters,

Only just recently, my BB9700 has been misbehaving:

• Call history not updating itself
    • Phone "pings" as usual when receiving messages, but messages aren't in the inbox
    • Alarm set but doesn't go off
    • Sleep mode set to go on and off but doesn't do so

I really don't know what caused these problems or how to fix them.

I do plug this into my laptop to use it as a modem quite a bit so maybe this caused the problem? I also did a virus scan which came back clean.

I think that perhaps doing a full wipe (like with formatting a computer) would fix the problems, but I'm not really sure how to go about this.

So my questions are:

1. How can I backup my contacts list, calendar and applications?
    2. How to do a full wipe?
    3. Do I have to reinstall anything (like with Windows on a PC) before it can be used?
    4. How to restore backed up data (contacts, calendar, applications)?
    5. Would the phone be ready to use at this point or would I need assistance from my network provider first?

I'm not so bothered about my email messages (I get hundreds per day), and think I can set them up again as I was able to do this myself the first time.

I apologize for this lengthy message, bit I am not all that confident with technology and would like to be thorough and a bit more enlightened about this process to avoid any unforeseen problems. (I have used the search function already.)

A massive 'THANK YOU!' to anyone who can help a confused soul out with this.
    07-01-10 03:54 AM
    You can probably search for all of that to learn it all easily, but here is the 5 min version that should get you by

1) You will need Blackberry Desktop Manager and the device software for you blackberry blackberry site
    2) do a selective (advanced) backup of your device so you don't backup the error your having on your current phone. I recommend only backing up contacts and calendar How to back up data on a BlackBerry smartphone
    3) simple answer is yes but you would have done it in step 1
    4)do a selective (advanced) restore of you device to only retrieve you contacts and calendar. I would re downloading fresh from app world any applications
    5)Just go to manage connnections and put a check mark in mobile networks,
    then goto options/advanced options/host routing table/menu key/register now
    you should be good.
    07-01-10 04:16 AM
    Dear forum brothers and sisters,

Only just recently, my BB9700 has been misbehaving:
    FYI, Have you tried a simple battery pull yet?
    07-01-10 04:18 AM
    FYI, Have you tried a simple battery pull yet?
    Thanks for your kind help.

Yes, I've tried a battery pull twice with no change.
    07-01-10 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD