After a very long, frustrating debate with myself on whether or not to get the 9700 or the 9000 as my first BB I ended up with the 9700 simply because its fresh, supposedly faster, and trackpad seems cool.

But honestly, every time I pull it out I wish it looked like the 9000, and Im a very aesthetic person.

I still have time to exchange it for the 9000 but am afraid that after using the 9700 for so long I will be dissapointed by the performance of the 9000 and miss the speed boost and trackpad of the 9700, but then it will be too late, you cant exchange twice! Although people say that the 9000 performs just as well with 5.0 loaded. Any truth to this? Is it the OS or the on board memory that makes the difference between the speeds of these two?

Anybody else in the same boat?
    12-12-09 01:56 AM
    They have the same processor which affects speed. The 9700 has more app memory which shouldn't affect speed. The 9000 has the larger screen. The 9700 has the 3.2 mp camera and higher res screen. I'd keep the 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 02:32 AM
    They have the same processor which affects speed. The 9700 has more app memory which shouldn't affect speed. The 9000 has the larger screen. The 9700 has the 3.2 mp camera and higher res screen. I'd keep the 9700.

I guess I just feel like my 9700 is an everyday, ordinary phone on the outside (although it certainly isnt on the inside) and the 9000 actually feels BOLD, like id be proud to take it out of my pocket haha. Maybe I just need to get over it.
    12-12-09 03:05 AM
    If you want more insight into the 9000 vs. 9700 game, I made a comparison of both here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bb-b...9/#post4196714

It's a bit incomplete, but should give you a better idea of the main differences. Hope it helps. Personally I would go for the 9000, if only for looks and physically larger design.
    12-12-09 03:08 AM
    I have both and I can't even tell you where the 9000 is right now... lol. The trackpad was enough. The improved camera (altho I don't use it much) is definitely a plus. The only thing the 9000 had over the 9700 IMO is the size.
    12-12-09 03:25 AM
    One thing that I always found intriguing was that the on board memory on the 9000 is larger than the 9700.

12-12-09 07:50 AM
    I got the 9700 on a Monday and I sent it back the next day, I think the phone is a great phone, it is, but in my personal preference I thought it was a bit small for my hands, I enjoyed the track pad, but I sent it back and got the bold. As you said you are a very aesthetic person, so am I, and I was one of the unlucky ones who when I took it out of the box, I had some of the pealing and gaps that some others have had, so with the size and my OCD, I switched to the Bold. You just have to sit and weigh out your pros and cons and what matters most to you, also which one feels more comfortable to you. Good Luck
    12-12-09 08:03 AM
    I got the 9700 on a Monday and I sent it back the next day, I think the phone is a great phone, it is, but in my personal preference I thought it was a bit small for my hands, I enjoyed the track pad, but I sent it back and got the bold. As you said you are a very aesthetic person, so am I, and I was one of the unlucky ones who when I took it out of the box, I had some of the pealing and gaps that some others have had, so with the size and my OCD, I switched to the Bold. You just have to sit and weigh out your pros and cons and what matters most to you, also which one feels more comfortable to you. Good Luck
    Did you use the 9700 for a day or two or just exchange it before even left the store? In other words, were you able to get a good enough feel for it to notice the difference in speed/performance when going to the 9000?
    12-12-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD