I have a landline with a bell answering service that I use primarily for voicemail for work. With Bell, you access your voicemail from another phone by calling your own number, then when the voicemail beeps for you to leave a message, you hit #, and it puts you through to Bell's internal voicemail system where it asks you for your phone number and password to get into your voicemail. The # or "pound" key is how you do this on any phone.

When I try to do this from my blackberry, the # does not allow me into my voicemail. It just makes me leave a message, as if the internal voicemail is not picking up that I hit # to get into the internal service. I have tried * and a number of other keys as well, and nothing has worked. I cannot figure out why the # does not work on my blackberry when I try to check my voicemail? Perhaps the # is a secondary feature to the letter "q" on my ketpad and it is not recognizing that I want to access the other set of function keys? Is this possible?

Does anyone know if there is a way to access the secondary numbers (where the # is on my phone) while checking voicemail on the blackberry keypad and how to do this? I have tried looking this up online and also in the user manual with no luck. I really need to be able to check my voicemail - it is for work.

ANY help with this would be SO appreciated! Thanks!
    07-02-13 09:19 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I asked for support from friends and found out that you need to hit the number 9 to access it! I will leave this up here in case others have the same question! I hope it is helpful.
    07-02-13 09:24 PM