I recently connected my 9700 to my laptop and agreed to the updates it suggested.

Now when i press my green call button it opens my contact book, not call log. I can't find the call log anywhere now.

How can i get it back to opening the call log??
    03-11-11 01:52 AM
    Probably a setting in options. OS6 or OS5?
    03-11-11 01:56 AM
    If you're on BB6 you should see three tabs on top of the screen. One for dial pad, one for call log, and one for contacts. You can toggle between them by selecting the different tabs.
    03-11-11 02:05 AM
    I got it last May, so had it nearly a year. Im not sure if it's OS5 or OS6, i did only update it about a week ago though.

I've searched in options > phone options > call logging... and it says 'Show these call logs types in message list' But from what i can tell that puts the call log in my messages (which i dont use, i have an app for texts and keep emails seperate. Plus when i selected it, it didnt show any recent call log)

I've tried the options thing, and must not have BB6 as i cannot see 3 tabs on top of the screen...
    03-11-11 02:30 AM
    Ah it has fixed itself. How peculiar. Thank you for your help all the same!
    03-11-11 05:16 AM
    If you're on BB6 you should see three tabs on top of the screen. One for dial pad, one for call log, and one for contacts. You can toggle between them by selecting the different tabs.
    Can you explain this further or post a screen shot?

When I press the green call button I just get the call log, no tabs.
    03-11-11 08:31 AM
    Can you explain this further or post a screen shot?

When I press the green call button I just get the call log, no tabs.
    You may have loaded a theme that doesn't support those ridiculous and terrible tabs anywhere in the OS. That's what I did, and have been very happy with it.
    03-11-11 01:21 PM
    I have OS 6 and I have access to the call log per-contact. It's just how it is arranged now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-11 10:24 AM
    On os 6 just hit the call button and move the trackpad to the right, there is a button that toggles the agenda and the call log.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 12:20 AM
    Hey,

I am having the same problem.

Whenever I click the green phone icon it automatically opens my contact list. My call log is in my messages. Im on a 9700 running 6 OS.

Any help?
    04-01-11 11:42 PM
    I've got a Bold 9900 and if you look at right hand side of the search bar once you open the handset icon there is a toggle feature for contacts and call log. This was bothering the heck out of me too since I didn't notice this toggle button- until just now as I was researching the problem on this site...d'uh..

09-29-12 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD