Would there be any reason we couldn't use a Theme built for the Tour on the 9650? It seems everything is pretty much the same. Or, would we be losing the WiFi indicator since the Tour doesn't have WiFi?

I have been dying for that white leather looking theme from Hedone but in the CB store it says not compatible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by NellieRose; 05-22-10 at 12:35 PM.
    05-22-10 11:09 AM
    Aren't 5.0 version themes multi device compatible? I think I remember hearing that they are as long as the screen size and resolution is the same.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-22-10 12:21 PM
    Aren't 5.0 version themes multi device compatible? I think I remember hearing that they are as long as the screen size and resolution is the same.

I went direct to the Hedone Design site and saw they have the Chryom theme for the "9600 Series". I've bought & installed it just now and it looks and feels incredible! And, the Wi-Fi icon is on the bottom center of the home screen dial.

Love it!

05-22-10 01:10 PM
    I went direct to the Hedone Design site and saw they have the Chryom theme for the "9600 Series". I've bought & installed it just now and it looks and feels incredible! And, the Wi-Fi icon is on the bottom center of the home screen dial.

Love it!
    Good choice. Hedone makes some good stuff. I actually have "Explicit" installed on my Tour. Check out Elecite too when you get a chance.
    05-22-10 02:12 PM
    I'm using three themes that I downloaded from the Crackberry 9630 theme forum (Simple 9, Hidden X Transitions and Simple X) and haven't had a single issue with any of them.
    05-22-10 05:07 PM
    Good choice. Hedone makes some good stuff. I actually have "Explicit" installed on my Tour. Check out Elecite too when you get a chance.
    I've had my eye on Grunge by Elecite but would chicken out last minute waiting to get a new BB...finally got it and will now go theme crazy!

05-22-10 07:05 PM

Isn't that the case with all themes? As long as the resolution and OS are the same, the theme should work. I used to use 8330 themes on my 8830WE all the time.
    05-23-10 09:07 AM
    Isn't that the case with all themes? As long as the resolution and OS are the same, the theme should work. I used to use 8330 themes on my 8830WE all the time.
    This is good to know. In my instance I was thinking there would be no Wi-Fi indicator if I went with the theme.

And, I guess as a default the CB store system set-up tells you theme is not compatible unless their system specifically indicates the BB model which is understandable to avoid people buying themes that don't work and then complaining about it & wanting screaming about getting a refund.

05-23-10 09:13 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Wi-Fi indicator is added by the OS, so if the theme developer didn't include it in the theme, it would just display in the default location.
    05-23-10 10:59 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Wi-Fi indicator is added by the OS, so if the theme developer didn't include it in the theme, it would just display in the default location.
    Thanks aerophage!

05-23-10 12:19 PM
    That's what we're here for.
    05-23-10 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD