I have a brand new Bold 9650, it was upgraded to the Sprint OS version 6.000415 . and I downloaded 2 themes from the blackberry world app, and it was succesffully downloaded, but I can't find the new theme at all! I went to options, themes, and not there... also went to the downloaded folder, not there.... Is it possible perhaps the BOLD doesnt accept any theemes ?
    let me know if you have the solution /// much appreciated.
    jezreel likes this.
    01-10-11 08:05 PM
    There are no themes compatible with OS 6 for any device except the Torch yet.

Everyone's waiting for the next Theme Builder update to hopefully rectify this.

If you switched back to an OS 5 build, you'd magically see your themes are there and available for use.
    01-10-11 08:09 PM
    I have a brand new Bold 9650, it was upgraded to the Sprint OS version 6.000415 . and I downloaded 2 themes from the blackberry world app, and it was succesffully downloaded, but I can't find the new theme at all! I went to options, themes, and not there... also went to the downloaded folder, not there.... Is it possible perhaps the BOLD doesnt accept any theemes ?
    let me know if you have the solution /// much appreciated.
    Yes, there are tons of threads on this. There are no themes for the 9650 yet on OS6 so anything you install is not going to work. If you want to use themes, you have to go back to OS5.

The Bold accepts themes, but not on OS6 yet as the software to create them has not been released.
    01-10-11 08:16 PM
    Hi JayDee, I appreciate your time and effort to let me know there are no themes available for the os 6 version Sprint Bold 9650. Right after I posted my help message, I eventually discovered through other replies they had the same problem and it was because its simply not available for the 6.0 version. I went to my app folder and deleted the downloaded themes. What surprised me however, is that the Blackberry World App did NOT warn me that the theme would not work for the 6.0 os version!

I would rather wait for the themes to become available for the 6.0 version. Im very patient... I do not want to go back to the 5.0 version that came originally with my 2 month old BOLD, because it kept rebooting by itself! With the 6.0 the rebooting stopped.

Im hoping this forum will make the announcement as soon as the new themes become available!

And you seem like a very nice and professional lady. thank you again!
    Happy New Year 2011.
    01-10-11 08:36 PM
    One of the things that held me up from installing OS6 was the fact that I would have no themes. And I thought, "Oh it will only be for a while". Well, it has been an eternity because I just loved my themes on OS5.

But don't worry. I have a promise from my favorite theme creator that as soon as Theme Builder 6 supports the 9650, he is going to create themes for us, as is every other themer, I'm sure!

In the meantime, try to choose wallpapers that have the focal point of the picture through the center of the screen or an all-over pattern. These types look the best with OS6.

For wallpapers, go to the Crackberry wallpaper spot to find some excellent ones. Here's the link:
    #Free Wallpapers | CrackBerry.com

Have fun looking for wallies!
    Welcome to the 9650 addiction!
    tjjjjm and jezreel like this.
    01-10-11 09:12 PM
    And you seem like a very nice and professional lady. thank you again!
    Happy New Year 2011.
    jaydee is very nice and always professional.

And Happy Birthday jaydee!
    01-10-11 09:42 PM
    jaydee is very nice and always professional.

And Happy Birthday jaydee!
    Thanks middbrew!!I appreciate your support!
    01-10-11 09:53 PM
    You can also browse there the post of what people have on their 9650's here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/po...screen-479058/ If you find something you like just ask the person to post the wallpaper.
    01-10-11 09:55 PM
    Hi, Thanks again for your kind reply. I am aware there are wallpapers to choose from, my new Bold came in with built in wallpapers, and i love them! I change them every few days to get a new feel of the phone.

You're in albany , Im on Long Island.
    If I need help with anything, can I ask you for help? thanks
    01-12-11 11:33 AM

You're in albany , Im on Long Island.
    If I need help with anything, can I ask you for help? thanks
    Always! Any time!
    In fact, pm me and I will give you my pin and I can add you to my bbm contacts if you would like.
    01-12-11 11:59 AM
    I was reading that you like me did not want to switch OS due to newberry's theme of which I also love but the pull of OS 6 made me upgrade when Verizon released the over the air ota . I have like you a bold 9650 and loving it even though sometimes I wish that Verizon would give us a torch! I am an avid follower of yours and read your postings and I marveled at your genious in your expertise of everything related to Blackberry! thank you again for your correction of me today about toolkit for themes. I dont mind being corrected and I love helping others just like you. will try to be better informed next time. lol
    02-01-11 01:58 AM
    I was reading that you like me did not want to switch OS due to newberry's theme of which I also love but the pull of OS 6 made me upgrade when Verizon released the over the air ota . I have like you a bold 9650 and loving it even though sometimes I wish that Verizon would give us a torch! I am an avid follower of yours and read your postings and I marveled at your genious in your expertise of everything related to Blackberry! thank you again for your correction of me today about toolkit for themes. I dont mind being corrected and I love helping others just like you. will try to be better informed next time. lol
    Jez-
    If you are addressing me, let me explain. I appreciate your kind words; if you are speaking to me. I corrected you because I didn't want someone else, with NO experience, to read the information and get confused. The reason why I told you about the themes is because I also beta test those themes so I'm kinda aware of what is happening with them. I hope you don't think I was too harsh and if I did seem that way to you...I apologize.

If you have any questions about things Blackberry, maybe I can help you. Please send me a PM and I would be glad to answer any questions for you!!!!
    Have a good day and be thankful if you're not in the path of this monster snowstorm we are getting in New York!!!!
    jezreel likes this.
    02-01-11 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD