I have NEVER had a problem DLing themes from the same developer before and randomly without any new changes to my phone, it wont let me download themes. It pops up with a 909 application authentication failure. Now it is doing that with EVERY THING I try to DL. I have done serveral battery pulls & I have searched every where, and I can not find an answer! PLEASE HELP! I am pulling my hair out!!
    01-16-11 11:05 PM
    Maybe you could have a rogue theme messing everything up? I had that once and had to go through all of them one by one to figure out who was the culprit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 12:03 AM
    Maybe you could have a rogue theme messing everything up? I had that once and had to go through all of them one by one to figure out who was the culprit.

Thank you for the idea! I tried it and it didn't work though, I went back and deleted all my themes from this month that I DLed on my BB. Any other ideas? :-(
    01-17-11 11:01 AM
    try wiping the device with bbsak and reloading whatever os you want.
    01-17-11 11:40 AM
    Hi- havin the same problem here on a bold 9780- plss pls what's the solution

02-03-11 05:33 AM
    I have NEVER had a problem DLing themes from the same developer before and randomly without any new changes to my phone, it wont let me download themes. It pops up with a 909 application authentication failure. Now it is doing that with EVERY THING I try to DL. I have done serveral battery pulls & I have searched every where, and I can not find an answer! PLEASE HELP! I am pulling my hair out!!
    Hiya- got d same problem on my phone- its freakin annoyin! I can't download anyttin, dat msg keeps poppin up- pls what's the solution to this problem

02-03-11 05:37 AM
    As eve6er69 stated, you may have to use bbsak to wipe and reload the device.
    02-03-11 09:12 AM
    It's definately soft error. I don't know why it is happening but I solved it then reinstalling soft. I think you upgraded your OS and then this started to happen. I spotted that OS sometimes writes with error - I men everything is OK when U upgrade but it comes with some kind of bugs like this error. My app world dissapeared several times and after 5th time of writting OS everything went good and no I have no error. Once again - I don't know but I see only one solution - wipe your device and write new OS, it can take several times to write it. To me it took 5 times of writting and then everything was good.
    Sorry for my english but I hope you understood what I mean GL
    04-22-12 06:18 AM
    When I get that error, I know that I have to delete 2 or 3 themes from my BB to free up space. Then I do a battery pull. Like magic, the newest theme I downloaded appears in my theme list.
    04-22-12 07:05 AM
    Hey, Navywife, if you recently fell for Verizon's suggestion to upgrade OS6, that could be the problem. I had an awful time when I did it. I only got it resolved when I got a Verizon tech, who had been a BlackBerry tech, who walked me though wiping my BB and starting from scratch. He admitted to me that the Verizon OS6 update had BUGS and issues! Thanks, Verizon!!!
    Last edited by Shilohjerry; 04-24-12 at 10:01 AM.
    04-24-12 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD