Sorry, this theme is no longer available.
    Last edited by Ducaticorse; 10-04-11 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Theme no longer available.
    creepy09 likes this.
    06-06-10 02:18 PM
    I love this theme. I am surprised no one has commented on it yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 01:00 AM
    Looks good. I'm going to try it.
    06-23-10 10:26 AM
    i'm trying to download this theme but its not letting me thru DM. it keeps saying that its not compatible with my phone.
    06-25-10 07:32 AM
    i'm trying to download this theme but its not letting me thru DM. it keeps saying that its not compatible with my phone.
    DM install files are not provided. The links above are for OTA or "Over The Air" installation. Please click the desired theme link from your phone's browser or email yourself a copy of the link for the desired theme and click it on your phone. It should install and work fine.
    06-25-10 07:41 AM
    Thank you! This is awesome!

Edit: It seems like the dock kind of wiggles when you scroll through it.. is it suppose to do that?
    Last edited by kdrawkz; 06-25-10 at 12:00 PM.
    06-25-10 11:50 AM
    Thank you! This is awesome!

Edit: It seems like the dock kind of wiggles when you scroll through it.. is it suppose to do that?
    Yes, the "jiggle" is pretty common to hidden dock themes. It looks a little more pronounced on themes with tiny icons like this one. Glad you're enjoying it!
    06-25-10 06:33 PM
    looks very nice! trying it out here soon... (:
    06-29-10 01:54 PM
    I'm loving the hidden today version, but is there a reason that my e-mail messages aren't showing in the today area? I love the way the calendar and phone messages work. Great job!
    06-30-10 12:02 AM
    Thanks for this.. I just downloaded and Installed it.. I have been looking for something like this.. I wanted a theme that I could see the whole screen for my wallpaper, and the icons don't clutter up the screen.. I love it!! Plus Im in love with the 3g bb logo and the percentage battery meter!

Very nice! Very Clean!
    06-30-10 01:52 AM
    I'm loving the hidden today version, but is there a reason that my e-mail messages aren't showing in the today area? I love the way the calendar and phone messages work. Great job!
    You may need to do a "battery pull" if you are experiencing problems.
    06-30-10 12:07 PM
    Rose, one thing. Can u move the clock and location icon to the top and shrink the clock so that its as small as the rest of the icons..

This could be DC8 super clean..
    07-12-10 11:02 AM
    Very nice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 07:34 AM
    Rose, one thing. Can u move the clock and location icon to the top and shrink the clock so that its as small as the rest of the icons..

This could be DC8 super clean..
    Rose? No plans to further change this one. Adding more to the top banner area would significantly reduce the area available for notification icons and I wanted to be sure that it would easily display 5+ notifications.

Very nice!
    Cool, glad you're enjoying it!
    07-13-10 09:46 AM
    O, i keep reading ur username wrong i thought it said Ducati Rose....

Anyways...

One question, this is the only theme I use.. Will u make sure that you will make it OS 6.0 compatible, because the NEW OS will have some new twists in it, that would be nice if I could look forward to rocking this on OS 6.
    07-14-10 11:40 PM
    Will u make sure that you will make it OS 6.0 compatible, because the NEW OS will have some new twists in it, that would be nice if I could look forward to rocking this on OS 6.
    I am unfortunately personally not using a device which is planned to be supported in OS6, so until I upgrade devices, any OS6 variant of this or any of my other themes is highly unlikely.
    07-15-10 06:37 AM
    This sucks.
    07-19-10 04:44 PM
    This sucks.
    No problem MikeMcDaniel. I've refunded 100% of the purchase price of this theme to your PayPal account, along with an additional 100% for emotional distress. I hope this alleviates your concerns.
    07-19-10 06:15 PM
    Got it downloaded, but when I activate it, it wont...
    07-19-10 07:43 PM
    Got it downloaded, but when I activate it, it wont...
    This is usually an issue with OS mis-match (this theme only works for OS 5.0) or with having the theme on the wrong device. If you downloaded it to a 9650, it should work fine. If not, I'd suggest deleting and re-loading as it's working fine for many other 9650/9630/9700 users.

I just checked and the links are up and working fine.
    07-25-10 08:02 AM
    I just installed this theme and it screwed up my Home Screen. It moved icons from one folder to another (Facebook, Flickr and MySpace ended up in the Applications folder, for example), moved icons from a folder to the main screen (Scanbuy, Sprint Music Store, Pocket Express and all Sprint apps, since the folder these were in disappeared [more on this later]), changed the position of many icons (I had my mailboxes at the end and now they're all at the beginning), duplicated some (my main mailbox now has 2 different icons with the same name) and, what's worse, erased (not hid... erased) some folders (my system Social Networking folder is gone and it can never be recreated as it was, since the folder icon is a system icon and cannot be picked in the list of available icons when creating a custom folder).

Is this a known issue and is there any fix for it?

By the way, Options -> Themes -> Menu -> Reset Theme Defaults will not solve any of these problems. I may have to do a hard reset or firmware reflash or whatever the term for BlackBerries is (I am new to them as of last week) and have to reinstall all my apps and reconfigure everything again. Please say it isn't so.
    Last edited by Razor1973; 07-26-10 at 12:50 PM.
    07-26-10 12:33 PM
    Is this a known issue and is there any fix for it?

By the way, Options -> Themes -> Menu -> Reset Theme Defaults will not solve any of these problems.
    The "problems" you describe are typical happenings during a new theme install. Installing a new theme always resets icon layout and foldering. I too get a double icon for one of my mail folders in some cases when installing a new theme. A battery pull resolves this issue.

If you change back to your stock/original theme, your icon layout/configuration and foldering should return.
    07-26-10 12:51 PM
    The "problems" you describe are typical happenings during a new theme install. Installing a new theme always resets icon layout and foldering. I too get a double icon for one of my mail folders in some cases when installing a new theme. A battery pull resolves this issue.

If you change back to your stock/original theme, your icon layout/configuration and foldering should return.
    You just saved me a lot of headache and time. I switched back to "Precision Sprint" and it all went back the way it was. Excuse my ignorance.

Now, as used as BlackBerry users may be to this behavior, this is a real problem (as opposed to a "problem"). I mean, if by changing your theme you also lose (random?) folders, get icons (randomly?) moved to one folder to another, end up with duplicated mailbox icons and the such, this would definitely be problematic for most people.

I didn't try the battery pull (which I guess would cause the same effect as an [alt]+[aA]+[del] reboot), but are you saying that by doing that, you get the newly installed theme with the same folder and icon layout you had with your original theme?

Thanks again.
    07-26-10 01:02 PM
    You just saved me a lot of headache and time. I switched back to "Precision Sprint" and it all went back the way it was. Excuse my ignorance.
    No problem, it's just part of the deal with BB. Glad that your desired arrangement has returned as expected.

Now, as used as BlackBerry users may be to this behavior, this is a real problem (as opposed to a "problem"). I mean, if by changing your theme you also lose (random?) folders, get icons (randomly?) moved to one folder to another, end up with duplicated mailbox icons and the such, this would definitely be problematic for most people.
    Yes, it's somewhere between mildly problematic and hugely problematic, depending on your perspective and your expectations. I use the quotes around "problem" because it's just the way it works on BB. I found it pretty annoying at first and just got used to it once I realized it was part of the game. It's also worth noting that my themes were all developed well before there were RIM-provided tools that supported the 9650 specifically. This is again somewhere between a minor annoyance and a major issue, depending on your expectations. I know lots of folks who use themes developed on the 9700 template on other devices without issue - knowing that there are some minor caveats in play.

I didn't try the battery pull (which I guess would cause the same effect as an [alt]+[aA]+[del] reboot), but are you saying that by doing that, you get the newly installed theme with the same folder and icon layout you had with your original theme?
    No, there is no cure that I'm aware of to maintain your icon arrangement when flipping to a newly-installed theme. It's worth noting that this can be both a plus and a minus. Down-side is that you need to re-arrange every time you try a new theme. Up-side is that BB remembers your arrangement and as you switch between your favorite themes, your icon placement will be recalled when you return to using an old favorite. Given that some themes have docks, others have none, some have the weather slot pulling from a specific icon "number" in the app menu, others take the first, etc. - this has a double-edge to it.

The battery pull or [alt]+[rt.shift]+[delete] is definitely part of the way of life with a BB. I call out very specifically in my original theme post(s) that a battery pull often fixes many woes. This holds true whether you're talking about a theme, an app, etc. Should you have to do a battery pull for such a thing? Probably not. But it's typical to need to do so. I do a battery pull or three-key-salute reset several times a week as it frees up memory that sometimes is lost or doesn't seem to free up on its own. I also try apps and themes and most times deleting a theme or app requires a reset or battery pull anyway.

It's definitely worth reading thru the many BB 101 articles, tutorials and sticky posts here on CB for any new(er) BB user. Many of these things are explained there and chances are high that most any issue you come across has been experienced by another user someplace or another. CB's a great resource.

Best of all, there are countless excellent free (and paid) themes out there, satisfying the needs of nearly any user. If one of the many free themes doesn't work for your needs or expectations, simply move on to another, buy a premium that has the features you're after or work with one of CB's many excellent themers to have something built to your specs.
    Last edited by Ducaticorse; 07-26-10 at 02:08 PM.
    07-26-10 02:01 PM
    It's also worth noting that my themes were all developed well before there were RIM-provided tools that supported the 9650 specifically.
    Which tools are you referring to specifically? Is it something that will help me save my icon layout and restore it later?

Down-side is that you need to re-arrange every time you try a new theme.
    Rearranging icons and moving them to/from folders is a huge annoyance, but at least doable. What I think is a real problem is that folders (specifically system folders like Social Networking and Sports & Entertainment) get erased and the icons in them moved somewhere else (some to the Home Screen, some to other --possibly random-- folders). Yes, you could always create a custom folder and name it the same thing, but you could never pick the same system icon for the folder, since these aren't available to the user. Am I wrong? If not, then I'd say this is more than an annoyance and possibly the one reason I'll never be able to change my default theme.
    07-26-10 02:17 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD