Free Blackberry 9650 Theme based on the Zen layout. I was incredibly unhappy with only six icons on the main screen so I created a theme with 16 "application order" icons and two fixed icons.

Order:

1-5 = Small icons in the left column

6-10 = Small icons in the right column

11-16 = Large icons across the bottom

You can display the clock by going to the center top and change your ring by going up from there.

This blackberry theme is being offered free because it is an advertisement for my photography and thusly has a website reminder that pops up seemingly randomly.

The photos are of London, Paris and a gold fish pond and were taken in those places.

Download the Free Blackberry 9650 Theme from Time Lapse and Specialty Photography as well as a Free Blackberry 9650 Theme.

This theme has only been tested on a Blackberry Bold 9650, as that is the only phone I have. As always, I make no claim as to if or how well it works and if it bricks your phone is isn't my fault, etc. I am using the theme though, so I am not terribly worried.

06-30-10 08:30 AM
    Wow, awesome. Thanks!
    07-02-10 02:52 PM
    I have been using it since I made it and have started loving the side icons because I no longer have to go into the main icon page.

It is really very simple, no major changes, just lots of main screen icons. I am so glad you like it.

Chris
    07-03-10 11:33 AM
    Oh, it does bother me that changing themes changes icon order. Fortunately, each theme keeps its own order so you don't have to set up the icons every time you change.

Chris
    07-03-10 11:35 AM
    I don't like so many icons
    07-03-10 12:41 PM
    This theme constantly pops up the Chris Hartl Logo in the center of the home screen. is there a way to shut off?
    07-06-10 06:58 PM
    Wack-a-mole,

"This blackberry theme is being offered free because it is an advertisement for my photography and thusly has a website reminder that pops up seemingly randomly." - From the initial post and on the download page.

There is only one triggered event that makes the logo pop up, "seemingly randomly." I made the theme for myself because I wanted more icons on the main screen. I use it and I like it. I posted it because there are doubtlessly others who want more icons.

Oh, and no, there isn't any way to remove the logo. You can change the wall paper, which is why I didn't put the logo on the wallpaper.

Chris
    07-07-10 09:03 AM
    Free Blackberry 9650 Theme based on the Zen layout. I was incredibly unhappy with only six icons on the main screen so I created a theme with 16 "application order" icons and two fixed icons.

Order:

1-5 = Small icons in the left column

6-10 = Small icons in the right column

11-16 = Large icons across the bottom

You can display the clock by going to the center top and change your ring by going up from there.

This blackberry theme is being offered free because it is an advertisement for my photography and thusly has a website reminder that pops up seemingly randomly.

The photos are of London, Paris and a gold fish pond and were taken in those places.

Download the Free Blackberry 9650 Theme from Time Lapse and Specialty Photography as well as a Free Blackberry 9650 Theme.

This theme has only been tested on a Blackberry Bold 9650, as that is the only phone I have. As always, I make no claim as to if or how well it works and if it bricks your phone is isn't my fault, etc. I am using the theme though, so I am not terribly worried.

vcan you send me an OTA link to my email address. [email protected]/ For some reason on my new BB 9650, I have been having browser troubles since I got it....
    07-12-10 02:52 PM
    CakeDiva,

I don't know what an OTA link is, please offer explanation and I will see if it is possible.

Odd about browser troubles since I didn't modify any other bits in the system. I did make a "weblink" to Google.com, which looks almost like a browser icon. (A "weblink" is basically what Blackberry calls a shortcut to an internet site.) I couldn't stand that the Blackberry browser always loaded to the 'goto' page so I added a shortcut to Google. The Blackberry browser is still an icon, but there is now an additional icon that looks like the browser but with a small browser planet on the lower right of the main browser icon.

Maybe you have been choosing the Google icon, which pops up "Web Link: Google" instead of "Browser"?

Cheers,

Chris
    07-13-10 07:14 AM
    it's not letting me download this link
    09-14-10 09:27 AM
    I just checked the link. If you click the photo of the phone it begins a download of the .ZIP file. Not sure which link you were clicking.
    09-15-10 05:30 AM
    I found out what an OTA link is, Over the Air, and no, I don't know how to do that. If you simply unzip the file and put it on your memory card or load it through your Desktop Manager it should work.

Good luck!
    09-15-10 05:34 AM
    that is a ton of icons! Great idea.....
    09-15-10 08:00 PM
    really unique! definetly different. i like
    09-16-10 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD