This is for OS6 using the Beta Theme Builder! I know there are issues, that's why it's free.

I need reviews. As a trade off for a free theme, please leave one. Thanx, DReW.

I've always hated that the Hidden Today wasn't customizable. I never had a need for the New Messages or Txt Messages to be displayed on the Home Screen but my Calendar items are very important. I didn't want to have a Static Calendar always on because I love my wallpapers. I also hated having to remember to scroll over to the Calendar icon to see what was coming up next in my life. Now the Calendar is in my face everytime I raise the dock and gone to display my wallpaper then the dock is down.

My themes are built for Simplicity and Functionality. I've built and used themes with all the cool graphics, tricks and fluff but I always come back to what simply works. Want this theme tweaked just the way you like it? Save your receipt, contact me & we'll talk about customization.

- OS6
    - Wallpaper friendly Home Screen.
    - Hidden Calendar: Displays only when dock is risen, hides when dock in lowered.
    - Customized Sound Profile Icons on Home Screen.
    - Customized graphics including Transparent menus and dialog boxes.
    - Custom beveled notification icons and buttons.
    - 7 User Definable icons on an Invisible Hiding Dock: This is my unique code that makes the dock fast and smooth. My docks don't jump and gitter like the others. Pull down on the Track Pad/Ball to lower the dock & push up to raise it. Click Track Pad/Ball while the dock is closed to open app in Weather Slot.
    - Weather Slot on Home Screen (slot 1 on Application Menu): This is one of the few Weather Slots that has the text ON all the time (so I've been told). To access the application in the Weather Slot, click the Track Pad/Ball while the dock is lowered. Weather Application not included. I'm using BeWeather.
    - Keyboard Shortcuts: $ opens SMS, 0 opens Profiles
    * NO access to the Profiles Icon from the Home Screen.
    * NO access to the Today Area.

OTA -> DReW26y

Donations show your appreciation for a free quality theme.

**ADDED 1/30/11
    The Above Theme is FREE.
    3 more PREMIUM versions:
    DReW26ycm OS6 SoundWaves Hidden Calendar & Messages
    DReW26ym OS6 SoundWaves Hidden Messages
    DReW26yz OS6 SoundWaves Zen
    Last edited by D.R.e.W; 06-04-14 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spelling error
    01-30-11 04:52 PM
    Luv the theme. Sent u a review

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 05:04 PM
    Love the theme. Reminds me of the grunge theme I had back when I had my curve! Its a great theme. Its unique. Any way you will make one without the calendar and make one with messages?

01-30-11 05:33 PM
    love your themes,thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much...
    01-30-11 09:56 PM
    One of the best OS6 themes so far. Its simple and functional.
    -Is there a way to make the sms text, mms text, email text..ect.. smaller? If you get more then 1 email it's hard to read.

-Love the black/gold color. Anyway to make more colors (blue, haha)

-The profile homescreen is awesome, love the giant speaker. also love being able to put any picture there.

-Anyway to incorporate QuickLaunch into this theme, i.e. spacebar?

That's all I have for right now.

Thanks D.R.e.W. It's a keeper.

p.s. if you need anymore themes tested let me know. I'm pretty pickie about themes and how they work.

Bob
    01-30-11 10:38 PM
    The large text is one of the downsides to the Beta TB6.

Quicklaunch can be assigned as the Space bar in the quicklaunch options. Thats currently how i have it set up.

Launch quicklaunch>BB menu>QL options>Scroll to Homescreen Hotkey>Choose Space

Hope this helps ya.
    01-30-11 11:35 PM
    **ADDED 1/30/11
    The Above Theme is FREE.
    3 more PREMIUM version:

DReW26ycm OS6 SoundWaves Hidden Calendar & Messages
    DReW26ym OS6 SoundWaves Hidden Messages
    DReW26yz OS6 SoundWaves Zen
    Last edited by D.R.e.W; 06-04-14 at 10:36 AM. Reason: RETIRED
    01-31-11 12:11 AM
    One of the best OS6 themes so far. Its simple and functional.
    -Is there a way to make the sms text, mms text, email text..ect.. smaller? If you get more then 1 email it's hard to read.
    Bob
    Thanx Bob. I'm very curious about this problem you're having. Could you explain it in more detail? Maybe even a screen capture?
    DReW

Thanx to "aBoldPatriotsFan" for the QuickLaunch info. I've never used it because I have "dial from homescreen" turned off.
    01-31-11 08:23 AM
    D.R.e.W.
    I think it was an error on my part. I'll try to get a few test emails together to see if it happends again. Any chance on getting another color other then gold? I would love a black over blue one.

As for the QL, do I have to disable the Universal Search to get QL Spacebar to work?

Bob
    01-31-11 10:27 AM
    this is a very nice theme. love the big clock.
    01-31-11 10:01 PM
    Thanks for the free theme. I love the simplicity and the design. Drew, I have one question. Is there a way to change the 'back screen' on the home screen, or call screen from the speaker design to my wallpaper? When I change the wallpaper under options in os6 on the first screen changes. All other screens remain the original speaker design. Is this user error?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

02-01-11 03:06 AM
    Is there a way to change the 'back screen' on the home screen, or call screen from the speaker design to my wallpaper? When I change the wallpaper under options in os6 on the first screen changes. All other screens remain the original speaker design. Is this user error?
    The only background the end user (you) can change is the Homescreen. The Application & Call screens are under the control of the themer. I do customization for a small fee based on the work requested. If that's a route you'd like to go you can choose from any of the 4 versions of this theme I've built. At this time I only have the yellow theme. Send me a PM if you're interested.

DReW
    02-01-11 07:55 AM
    Nice theme. I will check it out.
    02-01-11 08:58 AM
    This defiantly is one of the best if not the best os6 theme out there. The only complaint is the speaker on the second screen. its hard to see what is highlighted. the colors are the same. Its always nice to keep that screen simply and not so busy. I love the hidden today. Thanks so much.. Great Job!!!!!!
    02-01-11 08:16 PM
    This defiantly is one of the best if not the best os6 theme out there. The only complaint is the speaker on the second screen. its hard to see what is highlighted. the colors are the same. Its always nice to keep that screen simply and not so busy. I love the hidden today. Thanks so much.. Great Job!!!!!!
    +1 .... I purchased the Zen version. I wish there was a Zen version where the background was just plain black instead of the speaker.
    02-01-11 09:49 PM
    You always make such amazing themes Drew. This one is great too, I've spent a lot of time searching for an OS6 theme I like and I've found it, granted I'm running on a 9700, but it works great. And I love how your weather slots actually show weather info all the time and all the info. Not a fan of the font though, I've never been much for "crazy" fonts. I just wish I could scroll into the hidden calendar and up to the weather slot. Other than those three things I have no issues with this theme, it is just absolutely amazing as the vast majority of your themes are. And thanks for making this one free.

02-01-11 10:27 PM
    1. Not a fan of the font though
    2. wish I could scroll into the hidden calendar
    3. wish I could scroll up to the weather slot
    1. I will be making more versions w/ more generic fonts on the home screen. I usually design around the subject matter of the background & I thought this fonts was fitting.
    2. I've done that in the past and it made the dock hard to control. Once I figure out RIMs trick with the "extra push" to move around OR find another way to keep control of the movement, I'll incorporate it.
    3. Clicking the track pad/ball while the dock is down, activates what ever App is in slot1 (aka the Weather Slot).

Background on Application screen
    Not to lose site of the subject matter, I'm gonna darken the background on the Application screen to make the icons stand out more. When I repost the theme I'll ask the people who purchased the theme to forward me their receipts from Mobi and I'll get them codes to update their themes at know additional cost.

I would love a black over blue one.
    Bob's gotten me to make a Blue version. It's about nine shades darker then the default blue with my touches. Right now I only have the CM (Calendar/Messages) version. I'll incorperate the darker app screen background and make the other version. It'll be posted into another thread probably over the weekend. I've got other paying customers I've put on hold to work on these themes and I have to get back to them.

I'm currently working with RIM on some of the issues I'm having with the beta version of Theme Builder which is what makes all of this possible. Once these issues are resolved, I'll revisit this theme and correct the issues. I hate leaving sloopy work laying around. Here is the link if you want to see what some of my issues are. Not all the issues are listed here because they're already covered else where in the post. http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/th...ml#post6008831
    rmingram likes this.
    02-02-11 07:46 AM
    I did not know I could click the app in slot 1 like that, that's awesome. The font does fit it, I just love your themes period. And the scrolling into the hidden calendar is understandable, I prfer to use everything to its best, if it makes it sketchy its best leaving it out, thanks for clearing it up for me.

02-02-11 09:48 AM
    Thank you for listening and the support.
    02-02-11 11:01 AM
    The attached pics are my compromise to a black background for the App screen. I'll be integrating them today and hopefully into the store quite soon.
    03-BEFORE change
    04-AFTER change
    Last edited by D.R.e.W; 02-02-11 at 11:41 AM.
    FASHER likes this.
    02-02-11 11:35 AM
    Nice work DReW. I really hate to lose the other theme you did for me, but this might sway me to do the upgrade to OS6.

I actually like the "compromise to a black background" better. I think it makes the icons pop!! Please let us know when you get theminteregrated and posted.

Oh, and please let us know when the ordering for custom OS6 themes begins! Great work!!!
    Last edited by FASHER; 02-02-11 at 01:02 PM.
    02-02-11 01:00 PM
    I am not usually a "theme swapper". I find one I really like and stick with it. I know that may be boring to some ... I usually build in a single wallpaper and live with that as well.

As most have experienced with the upgrade to OS6, your old themes are now defunct. I used a free Chrion theme with a slick white cyborg and did not realize it was going away with the upgrade until I had installed it:

I logged on in hopes of finding at least something decent and instead was blown away by the functionality D.R.e.W. has built into this theme. I love high tech stuff and use my phone for business so I need something cool but serious and sophisticated. This is PERFECT.

I love the way the "tray" acts now without all that confusing sliding around ... and easy access to the rest of my apps with the BB button. Since I don't use a weather app, I stuck the calendar in the upper left corner and have come to appreciate the functionality it offers in that position for my use.

IMHO this is the most beautiful, functional theme out for OS6 on the 9650. Being the loyalist, this is likely my keeper. I would definetly consider asking D.R.e.W to customize it for me after using and confirming for a few days. It is that good:

[edit]

... added a review for D.R.e.W too.
    Last edited by Pallet Spoon; 02-02-11 at 01:49 PM.
    02-02-11 01:41 PM
    Thanx for the "Kick-****" review.
    02-02-11 03:56 PM
    I see alot of screen shots showing the same icons on them so I'd like to explain my setup which I feel is extremely efficient, more so then the BB default.

I use my BB to help organize my life, Professional & Personal. Calendar, eMail, BBM & SMS. I have no games installed and I hide the Games folder. I have another device for games.

I have my "Options" > "Display" > "Home Screen Preferences" > "Launch by Typing" set to "Application Shortcuts" rather than "Universal Search". This way without opening the dock or the app screen I can get to Messages by hitting M, BBM by hitting N, Contacts by hitting A, Calendar by hitting L & there are more. It took a little time to get used to hitting the green phone to make a call but the percentage of calls made compared to accessing my emails and calendar is small. Because of this I also integrated into the theme "Sound Profiles" by hitting 0(zero) & SMS by hitting $.

With the most important actions covered by keystrokes, I can put other items on my dock. I almost never go to the app screen anymore. The screen shots of this theme show my dock's existing setup.

To each is his/her own. This is mine.
    Enjoy, DReW
    02-02-11 04:12 PM
    I updated the themes in the Store. Let me own if your able to upgrade without my help. It's my first time doing this so we'll have to help each other.
    DReW
    02-02-11 07:43 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD