Hi can anybody tell me whats wrong with my Yahoo Instant Messenger? I have the Bold 9650 with the OS 6 and I can't open it up when I try to either it freezes or does nothing
    04-04-11 08:12 PM
    Delete it, battery pull and re-install it. See if that helps.
    Young Goz likes this.
    04-05-11 07:55 AM
    Ok I'll try that and see what happens
    04-05-11 07:33 PM
    I tried just as you said and it still doesn't work I don't know what to do!
    04-05-11 08:09 PM
    Doesn't work with a reboot or battery pull. I even got a replacement phone thinking there was something defective about my phone, so i've come to the realization it's the crappy OS 6 update. I can't use any of my Instant Messengers, so to those of you having the same problem you are not alone. Whenever i click onto a IM icon (any of them, Yahoo, Windows, Aim, Google Talk) it freezes my phone. I've reset to factory settings dozens of time, got a replacement phone, and still they will not open up. Yes, i did do the uninstall and reinstall thing, but they still won't open up after i've installed them. I've called Verizon numerous times about the problem, but not 1 tech support rep knows whats going on. They even said they've never heard of the problem before. Hopefully someone realizes something is wrong and come up with a solution. I have a BB Bold by the way.
    Young Goz likes this.
    04-06-11 02:51 AM
    Does your normal internet work well? Are you able to browse and download? That sounds very odd.
    04-06-11 07:46 AM
    Yahoo and Gtalk work for me, why dont you put this in the Native Apps forum?
    04-06-11 08:27 AM
    My work just fine as well. This is the first time I've heard of anyone having a problem with a 3rd party IM app. How are you installing the app?
    04-06-11 02:32 PM
    Hey Cleopatra71 you and I have the same exact problem I truly believe its os 6 that's causing this I sure hope Blackberry is aware of this and does something about it soon!!!
    Cleopatra71NY likes this.
    04-06-11 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD