"One or more modules could not be resolved." That's what BB Desktop Software keeps giving me when I try to load OS 5.0.0.810 onto my Sprint Bold 9650. I deleted the vendor.xml file beforehand, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?
    08-20-10 09:34 AM
    I would use APPLOADER and BBSAK to wipe the phone first.

But those are my preferences................
    08-20-10 09:47 AM
    where do I delete this file from and how do get to to it?
    08-21-10 01:22 AM
    where do I delete this file from and how do get to to it?
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

to the OP, it sounds like DM cannot connect properly to your phone in order to upgrade. i guess there are certain modules on the phone that cannot be accessed by DM to facilitate the loading process. as stated above, use the loader.exe method of OS install.
    08-21-10 01:47 AM
    I downloaded .810 but there is no RIM folder in common files. It saves to my downloads folder but there's no option to access any files within it. I can open it, and it says it extracts the file for the 9650, but the application won't recognize my phone connected to the computer.
    I also checked out BB 101 on installing a new OS, but I still don't know what I'm doing/not doing wrong and I really want to get this new OS on my BB, please help!
    08-24-10 10:26 AM
    Ok, I think I figured it out! I had to save the file instead of just running it... 810 is now currently being installed on my BB, yay for me!
    08-24-10 10:57 AM
    Ok, I think I figured it out! I had to save the file instead of just running it... 810 is now currently being installed on my BB, yay for me!
    i have exactly the same problem, how did u exactly solve it and what do you mean saving it instead of running it?
    11-21-10 08:09 PM
    Im Wiping my device and trying it again... I Hope it helps...
    12-19-10 12:36 PM
    i have exactly the same problem, how did u exactly solve it and what do you mean saving it instead of running it?
    Follow these steps:
    1. Backup your device, I reocmmend BBSAK for this because it will do a good job of backing up all of your 3rd part apps. I always do a backup with DM to be sure that I have all of my calendar, contacts and other data backed up.
    2. Download the OS that you wish to install on your device
    3. Once the download is complete, double click on the file that you just downloaded. This file is a .exe file and needs to be run so that it will expand and install all of the files that are stored within it.
    4. If this version of the OS is not from your carrier, you need to delete the Vendor.xml file. Personally I use BBHybrids Tools to do this via their Shrink-An-OS procedure. This will also allow you do get rid of all the extra language files that you don't need, that is unless you plan on using those various languages on your BB.
    5. Now, navigate to the following location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Once in this folder, double click on the Loader.exe file, sit back and wait for loader to do its magic. In the process of installing the new OS, loader will backup everything on your device, install the OS and then restore all of your data and apps. The backups done above are for insurance purposes, should the restore done by loader not complete successfully you have what is necessary to restore everything.
    6. After you device completes the install process, you will need to reinstall your authorization codes for any SW that has them, and it is also a good idea to do a battery pull at that time and even another one sometime in the first 24 hours.
    12-19-10 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD