That new Version of BB Meter killed about 10 of my apps. I mean removed them completely. I had to delete it and then run restore of a backup to get them back. I have never had an app completely remove other apps from my phone. Any ideas what mifht have been the cause of such problem. I recovered all my apps but if I had no backup I would have been ruined.
    02-09-11 12:12 AM
    Ruined is a little dramatic, apps are apps, the beauty is you can DL them again and again!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 04:03 AM
    Which version do you have? I have 1.1.0 and it's working great and didn't do anything to my other apps?
    Good that you did have a backup though
    02-09-11 07:59 AM
    I am running 1.1 and its flawless.
    A simple battery app will NOT kill your other apps.

I would have to say either you got a 523 error or deleted some via apploader or DM by accident.
    I'm sorry to say, but this seems to be user error and not the fault of BB Meter, I know too many people who use it and its never deleted an app, it doesn't have permissions to do anything like that.

02-09-11 08:04 AM
    +1 for version 1.1.0
    Been using it with no problem!
    How did you install yours, OP and what happened along the way?
    02-09-11 10:47 AM
    +1. I also have vers 1.1. No problems at all installing ota.

What's going on with yours?

02-09-11 10:56 AM
    Very interesting and happened to me twice ! One morning the phone was acting very "Spacey " and not responding other than the little clock going round and round- then starting working again- all of my "fun apps" had been deleted like Open table - and the NY times Global ed. About 15 in all were deleted

I wiped- did a clean install of 431 , restored data and apps from a backup-

Yesterday- same thing- lost 5 apps !
    02-09-11 12:58 PM
    RR & fj, did you try not installing BB Meter to see if your phone behaves the same way? That's something I would try to see if the deleting continues & go from there.

02-09-11 02:37 PM
    I will add that it hasn't caused any problems for me. I agree with Fubaz, it's not designed to interact with other apps and can't delete them. It might be an install problem.
    02-09-11 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD