I'm using a Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9650 unlocked in India since the past 5-6 months working fine but since the past 12 days I am not been able to receive any blackberry data services. My e-mails, BBM, Internet nothing seems to work but i am able to use text messaging and make calls like any other phone. I have tried every and all methods to make it work, I have replaced my Sim-card twice and even reinstalled and updated my phone software three times. I think there seems to be some kind of data services lock which has been suddenly active on my phone for my number. Vodafone(India) is my current service provider and they have all services active on my number but my phone doesn't seem to receive any.

Is there any unlock code for this or any other solution possible ?
    04-01-11 01:43 PM
    Since you re-installed ur OS, sounds like it is locked again. You'll need to have it unlocked before it will work again and also maybe need the correct service books also.
    04-01-11 02:02 PM
    my phone is working fine like any other phone(making calls, text messaging, etc.) but only data services are not being received by my phone. So my phone doesnt seem to locked again i can still receive full network and make calls, etc.
    any other possilbe solution ?
    04-02-11 03:13 AM
    Since you installed a new OS it sounds like it lost the Service Books. You need to get the Service provider resend them.
    04-02-11 08:47 PM
    Since you re-installed ur OS, sounds like it is locked again. You'll need to have it unlocked before it will work again and also maybe need the correct service books also.
    Negative ghostrider - Once the phone is unlocked, it is permanent.

+1 to GTWalling's post. Chances are you need to update your service books. Since your phone was previously working, I am going to assume you are able to log-in to your carrier's BIS web-site. You can re-send your service books from there.

Alternatively, as GTWalling posted, you can call your carrier to resend the service books. I have also found that pulling the battery to reset the phone, after updating the service to be helpful.

Let us know how you do!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 11:48 PM
    Previously I had asked my service provider to resend me service books but my phone is not able to receive. My phone does not get registered with the network, so i cannot even log in on my carrier's BIS website (edge only comes in small case letters).

Its been almost 2 weeks without any blackberry services, and i haven't seem to found any possible solution to this.
    04-03-11 05:18 AM
    Verizon 9650
    I am facing similar issues. Blackberry Data Services were working fine initially, but stopped working as soon as I upgraded to OS6. I downgraded back to OS5, but it still didnt work. I have tried solution suggested above, but it doesnt work. I have also tried sending "Host" message, remove SIM and restart, battery pull etc etc, none seems to work. I spoke to an associate in Vodafone Store and he explained that it is due to "data lock" and this issue is common in few models of Verizon Phone. Any solution suggested?
    04-13-11 01:39 AM
    Sometimes the provisioning information can be lost if the rep pushes the wrong button. Maybe call Vodafone back?
    04-13-11 01:22 PM
    Moved to 9650
    04-14-11 10:55 AM
    What does provisioning mean? I have a Vodafone Data Services Plan. Please refer to the below scenario:
    - My phone works other service providers like Idea and even my friends Vodafone data services.
    - My SIM card works fine with other blackberry handset (Data Services)
    - The issue is my phone and my SIM Card.

I have also tried changing the SIM card for my number, but it doesnt help. What I understand is that my phone is unable to sync up with Vodafone Blackberry Services to recongnize my phone (Verizon 9650).

Still unable to find a solution...I think there can be something done from Vodafone side, but they are not willing to cooperate and want to wash their hands off as it is a Verizone phone. Please suggest if there are any solutions available...
    04-15-11 03:24 AM
    I just bought an unlocked bb bold 9650 today and my t-mobile bb data plan doesn't work. I spent an hour at t-mobile today but they couldn't help, so I was just wondering if you guys came up with anything that worked..
    I really don't want to sell this phone because it's brand new and has OS 6 on it which I've been waiting forever for.
    Did anyone find a solution?
    04-17-11 07:42 PM
    04-17-11 08:11 PM
    Finally..!!! After 2 weeks of struggle and research.. here's the simple solution: Please activate Vodafone Live on your number...it will work!
    04-20-11 02:55 AM
    Hi,
    Does it really work?? I mean by activating Vodafone LIVE Services as I have two handsets of BB 9650 (Verizon Type)....facing similar issues. BIS Services works fine on ahandsets except for the 9650.

If it really works then I will get it activated and see.

Regards,
    Vivek Shah
    04-26-11 07:44 AM
    hey nimixh.. i am facing the same issue.. i am having a verizon unlocked BB Bold 9650...

could you please help me on this issue... am struggling past 15 days

my BIS is active.. and if i put my SIM in friend's BB it works.. but in my BB it is not working.. getting edge in small....
    05-28-11 07:31 AM
    Have you've tried sending the service books yourself, it's under the options menu. If you phone has magically locked it self or some other unforeseen event, consider changing the Mobile Network Options--->Network Selection Mode: and Technology:. In the U.S. mine is set to Automatic and Global (for Network Technology). Also consider doing a Handset wipe (if you're desperate enough) and start completely fresh.
    05-31-11 04:13 AM
    Hi Friends,

I have a similar issue. I have picked up a Verizon BB 9650 from ebay and my Voice services and messages are working perfectly but not my data services. My data plan is activated by the service provider (Vodafone) and Vodafone LIVE is as well Active. But I am not able access my data service. I can browse internet via my router but not messengers. Is there any kind of lock that needs to be removed for BB 9650 for data services ?

As Nimix said my Vodafone LIVE is active, but still no use :-( - Struggling past 1 week to figure out whats the issue :-(

Request your kind help / thought what I should be doing over here ?

Regards,
    Kim Thomas
    11-08-11 02:54 AM
    Finally..!!! After 2 weeks of struggle and research.. here's the simple solution: Please activate Vodafone Live on your number...it will work!

Hi Nimixh - I face the same Issue - MY Vodafone LIVE is active, but still I see the edge in small letters and I am not able to browse or use my BBM / any Messenger services. Could you please guide me is there anything that I can do ?
    11-09-11 12:42 AM
    I'm using a Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9650 unlocked in India since the past 5-6 months working fine but since the past 12 days I am not been able to receive any blackberry data services. My e-mails, BBM, Internet nothing seems to work but i am able to use text messaging and make calls like any other phone. I have tried every and all methods to make it work, I have replaced my Sim-card twice and even reinstalled and updated my phone software three times. I think there seems to be some kind of data services lock which has been suddenly active on my phone for my number. Vodafone(India) is my current service provider and they have all services active on my number but my phone doesn't seem to receive any.

Is there any unlock code for this or any other solution possible ?

I had the same issue i did the following acivate your Vodafone Live services it takes 72 hrs to activate. once activated check if "edge is in capital if yes then go to menu->option->advanced option-> hosting routing table -->click menu --> register now you will recive a confrimation message then call 55666 (vodafone)they will register your pin and BIS will work fine
    11-13-11 02:10 AM
    BBADITYA05 were you able to get this resolved? Even I am facing the same problem.....

Even my Vodafone live is active..
    04-07-12 06:40 AM
    Hi People,

Have been experiencing the same issue that you all have been talking about. I use Airtel services in india and I went upto the extent of buying a duplicate sim card assuming its a sim issue. It all started by me upgrading my 9650 OS to V6! I downgraded back to V5 once i got this issue without any luck... Was contemplating f buying an i-phone and ditching the BB.

I had a conversation with the Airtel level 2 escalation team who confirmed that they have been getting similar complaints from many users and this was not an issue with the handset. They have claimed it to be an issue with the RIM (Research in Motion) servers! They have logged a ticket on this and have promised to revert to me once they have a solution...

Fingers crossed, Hopefully we have a solution from RIM soon...

Dont Sweat it cuz ur service provider cant fix it!

Cheers

Sanddstorm
    04-22-12 09:37 AM
    ...alright people...a simple solution to this issue...
    ask your service provider to deactivate your GPRS connection and also your MMS pack and this issue gets resolved.... i'm using full data coverage now with EDGE in full caps... my 9650 works like a charm now...all the best
    04-27-12 02:50 PM
    Hey All,

I am facing the same issue with my phone since I have wiped it out. I am using airtel please suggest how to get back on 3G

Regards,
    Karan
    04-24-13 02:58 AM
    Dear All,
    recently I bought a BB Bold 9650. I have taken post paid black berry plan. But not able to get registered with BSNL at all!
    Now they says similar problems have been experienced by them in past also.
    I am now planning to go for Vodafone, please advise me whether it would be prodent to go for it or not.
    Have any body has got BSNL service running smooth with BB Bold 9650.

Waiting for advises.

Regards,
    anmohiey
    05-31-13 08:52 AM
    i have gsm network and bb9650 verizon internet not work
    03-06-15 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD