08-13-15 03:33 AM
34 12
tools
    has anyone found fix for no ring sound for Bold 9650 (verizon, 6.0 OS (bundle 3084). I've Cleaned my memory (delete all messages, sms, mms, bbm chats, clear browser history and cookies etc, call logs, recent calls, bb log alt+lglg, run memory cleaner and removed the battery multiple times. This all fixed the dead square of pixels in the middle of the screen, but not the lack of sound when inbound calls come in. Vibration works. This phone has worked well for years and then just stopped. As a small business owner, it's crushing not to hear sounds. Multiple post on the internet mention this problem, but solutions haven't worked for me. Help! P.B. in Boston
    09-18-12 05:49 PM
    has anyone found fix for no ring sound for Bold 9650 (verizon, 6.0 OS (bundle 3084). I've Cleaned my memory (delete all messages, sms, mms, bbm chats, clear browser history and cookies etc, call logs, recent calls, bb log alt+lglg, run memory cleaner and removed the battery multiple times. This all fixed the dead square of pixels in the middle of the screen, but not the lack of sound when inbound calls come in. Vibration works. This phone has worked well for years and then just stopped. As a small business owner, it's crushing not to hear sounds. Multiple post on the internet mention this problem, but solutions haven't worked for me. Help! P.B. in Boston
    Did you read this thread? If not, read it.
    09-18-12 08:12 PM
    I've had this issue pop up a number of times in a years that I've owned my Bold 9650. All the forum posts I've read say the same thing: battery pull, update OS, wipe phone, etc...

I played music (as instructed) and squeezed the phone towards the top of the screen, right below the Blackberry name on the front and the BB logo on the back. The music started playing loud and clear! When I released pressure the sound went away.

I gave it a solid SMACK screen-down into the palm of my hand and it appears to have re-seated the speaker connection. Now it works like normal (for now).

The Q10 can't arrive soon enough!!!
    04-22-13 05:30 PM
    Simple fix with a piece of paper.................I had this issue with "no ringer" displaying on incoming calls. My phone alarm didn't ring either. There was absolutely no sound or vibrations coming through no matter how many times I pulled the battery out or reset phone. However, the easy fix I came upon , somewhere on the internet, was by simply placing a piece of folded paper (slightly smaller then battery size) behind the battery. I had to work a little to close the back on securely so paper made battery a tight fit. Phone restarted and sound rang out when I called the phone! Hallelujah!!
    05-13-13 09:17 AM
    Sorry for the multi post I do not know what happened or know haw to make them go away.
    Last edited by Vadalon; 07-24-15 at 04:55 PM.
    07-24-15 04:36 PM
    I know that this post is on the older side but I have a BB 9650 and had no sound except for my ear pice. I found this forum and read it many times did everything that was listed and found a video how to take my phone apart. I was still frustrated and started putting it back together and on the very top facing the phone toward you >> Right side >> You will see a speaker with a slash through it >>> push it and your phone should have sound. I hope that this will help someone.
    07-24-15 04:37 PM
    I know that this post is on the older side but I have a BB 9650 and had no sound except for my ear pice. I found this forum and read it many times did everything that was listed and found a video how to take my phone apart. I was still frustrated and started putting it back together and on the very top facing the phone toward you >> Right side >> You will see a speaker with a slash through it >>> push it and your phone should have sound. I hope that this will help someone.
    07-24-15 04:37 PM
    07-24-15 04:39 PM
    Hi Vadalon, Can you please elaborate? I am having the same issue on BB 9650.

I do not see a '' speaker with a slash through it " on the top face of the phone.

Please advise.

Thanks.
    08-13-15 03:33 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD