So ive been making myself a today theme which I really like HOWEVER there is one thing I hate

You cant put task items on your today screen. Am i the only person who thinks it would be useful to have ur tasks listed right underneath ur calendar entries or messages.
    03-09-09 10:38 AM
    I agree wholeheartedly. I use tasks more than calendar. My ideal theme (not possible yet) would feature:

• "L" or a scrollable bottom dock.
    • Today+ in center-left with Messages, Tasks, and Calendar.
    • The "coup de gr�ce" would be to have the Messages preview "fixed" as the default.

Regarding the last point, one of the minor drawbacks for me personally of most Today+ themes that have multiple previews is that I have to move the cursor over to highlight the "Messages" icon to see the previews. If I see the messages light blinking, I can just as easily press "M" to go to the messages screen. That's why I'm tending toward themes that have only a messages previews per the attached so that I can see the previews at any time with no selection required. It, of course, eliminates a calendar or tasks preview, but I use messages much more, though I know others don't.

To the point above, I would be very interested in a Tasks today+ preview capability. As I understand it (not being a theme developer), it's a limitation of the Plazmik software.
    Last edited by sbs8331; 03-10-09 at 07:43 PM.
    03-09-09 11:32 AM
    I would also love tasks on my today screen. It bothers me a little bit that I cannot do this.
    03-10-09 11:52 PM
    count me in
    03-11-09 12:15 AM
    So ive been making myself a today theme which I really like HOWEVER there is one thing I hate

You cant put task items on your today screen. Am i the only person who thinks it would be useful to have ur tasks listed right underneath ur calendar entries or messages.
    x105667776675
    03-11-09 02:10 AM
    03-11-09 09:36 PM
    tasks in the home screen would be a good idea
    03-12-09 08:47 AM
    I completely agree. My ideal homescreen would feature my calandar and my tasks. Get rid of those messages previews! I will read them when I click on the icon! lol. To me, having the message preview isnt really so practical, whereas being able to see what I have to do at a glance is crucial. Combine this with a slick interface, customizable wall paper, and the original bold icons and I would be in love!
    03-12-09 08:50 AM
    As long as we're "blue-skying", why not take it a step further? I prefer message previews, others prefer calendar previews. How about a customizable theme that would provide the previews for the first two or three applications based on where you sequence them. I might use messages and tasks, others calendar and tasks, etc. The previews would show only for those. If you don't want, say, messages preview, put an app that doesn't preview in the sequence.

Or, you could just buy PocketDay and have it all (except wallpaper):
    PocketDay
    03-12-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD