View Poll Results: Which wallpapers do you want to be able to change?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Home screen wallpaper only

12 41.38%
  • Both home screen and app screen wallpapers

17 58.62%
    I am not wondering whether I am going down the wrong path with some themes that I have built. I have always provided a nice home screen and app screen wallpaper. However both wallpapers change when the user changes the home screen one. If the theme builder does not specify those wallpapers (note: once they are changed, reset to defaults does not seem to bring this back), a wallpaper change will only affect the home screen and not the app screen so a plain blue wallpaper will still be shown on the app screen.

Which is preferred? Do people want both wallpapers to change or only the home screen wallpaper?
    11-20-09 07:38 AM
    I personally have no preference.
    11-20-09 10:30 AM
    I don't really care, either, though I've seen users in different threads wanting their walls to appear on the app screen as well. Most people want to be able to customize every single thing about their BB's, so I'd have to go with leaving both screens unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 09:00 AM
    it seems that the new Theme Studio, at least from what I can tell, does not change the App screen after you change the home screen wall.. this is even if you customize the App screen wall.. this is for the Bold 9K...

not sure what the option is other than to leave the App screen wall on default.. then I guess it 'would' change with the home screen?

I guess it would just depend on what wallpaper was used for the App screen and if it was worth changing..
    11-21-09 10:23 AM
    I've been waiting for someone to talk about this topic. I really like the customization of themes, together with the wallpaper changing the homescreen and the app screen however for me I like it if the background of these weren't the same, that's my opinion.

If you can direct me to some themes which don't change the walls of app screens, that would be interesting actually new here hehe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 02:07 PM
    i think being able to change both is a better idea. most people in these forums want to control of their blackberry's.
    11-25-09 10:09 AM
    I want to be able to change both also
    11-25-09 10:42 AM
    I prefer to be able to change my homescreen wallpaper without it making my app screen harder to view. And I prefer to have a different wallpaper on my app screen vs. my homescreen. So for those 2 reasons I say homescreen only.

You only mentioned the homescreen and app screen, but there is also the lock screen: IMO the Lockscreen wallpaper should be linked to the homescreen wallpaper.
    11-25-09 02:23 PM
    Both please.

A reset usually works for me.

-Rich

I am not wondering whether I am going down the wrong path with some themes that I have built. I have always provided a nice home screen and app screen wallpaper. However both wallpapers change when the user changes the home screen one. If the theme builder does not specify those wallpapers (note: once they are changed, reset to defaults does not seem to bring this back), a wallpaper change will only affect the home screen and not the app screen so a plain blue wallpaper will still be shown on the app screen.

Which is preferred? Do people want both wallpapers to change or only the home screen wallpaper?
    11-25-09 05:08 PM
    I prefer to be able to change my homescreen wallpaper without it making my app screen harder to view. And I prefer to have a different wallpaper on my app screen vs. my homescreen. So for those 2 reasons I say homescreen only.

You only mentioned the homescreen and app screen, but there is also the lock screen: IMO the Lockscreen wallpaper should be linked to the homescreen wallpaper.
    This is my thinking as well. I have tried some awesome themes from here (Rockdog's in particular) that look terrific with my personal wallpaper on the homescreen but become very difficult for me to use on the App Screen. As a result I always end up back on the default themes or ones that lock the App Screen to something that I can use.
    11-26-09 10:50 AM
    i think being able to change both is a better idea. most people in these forums want to control of their blackberry's.
    There is NO way that you can do this. It seems that with the older version of Plazmic (4.7), the home screen change resulted in also changing the App screen. unless the App screen was set to default, then I 'think' it wouldn't change with the home screen.

It also seems that with the new Theme Studio 5.0 (the latest version of "Plazmic"), the App screen does NOT change with a change on the home screen. There is no way to allow the user to change the App screen wallpaper.

Depending on which version of Theme builder is used will determine how the app screen wallpaper changes.

The above comments are only related to my experience with 9000 themes.. other devices may have different results regarding the Home/App screen wallpapers.. but I do seem to recall the same issue on a 9630, and a 9700 theme I made..
    11-29-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD