Hello guys,

This is the theme I made for myself, but I'd love to share it with you. The main wallpapers are Carbon and Leather, but there are also some colorful ones.

*Pictures are also attached at the end.*
    JPG messed up the quality a little bit but on your cell phone they all look great!

Version 1.0:

Desktop Installation

OTA Link

Home Screen when there are no events:
    In the picture I created a folder just to show the effect. After installing you will see it's even better-looking with the actual Weather icon there.

Home Screen with events:
    In the picture I created a folder just to show the effect. After installing you will see it's even better-looking with the actual Weather icon there.

Applications Screen:

Call List:

Lock Screen:

Pop-out and Menu:

Active Call Screen:

Incoming Call:

Features:
    1. The theme is for "busy men" because the calendar today section has 5 sub-entries (not hidden) for you to have an easy glimpse of your schedule in a day.
    2. The font size is increased so that you can easily see your schedule. That's why I didn't make a L theme.
    3. The Weather slot is for the first application, its (Weather) status will not go away so that you could have a quick glimpse of temperature without rolling the trackball. The weather slot is made for WeatherBug preferably, but WeatherEye and other weather applications would work as well (though I think WeatherBug is much better than WeatherEye - because you could see high/low).
    4. A wallpaper lover? No problem. Check out the lock screen, active call screen and incoming call screen. Aren't they lovely?
    5. There are essentially 9 icons here (6 icons plus Weather, Profile and Calendar). Want more? Just go to the application screen. If you are really busy then you probably would use only a few applications anyway.
    6. Color scheme. Guess which school I am from? I love purple, dark purple especially. What does purple mean? Royalty, imperialism, nobility, Easter, Mardi Gras, upper class, poison, friendship, sharing, wisdom, and sympathy... Hope you will like it. The color is not bright at all so I think it's pretty decent.

Problems:
    Just like any other themes, the focus will sometimes go off in the application screen.

Suggestions?
    How do you guys like the style of the time on top? Do you prefer the original style?

Hope you all like it.
    Last edited by dwadwa; 10-07-09 at 12:09 PM.
    10-06-09 07:05 PM
    Could you post some screen shots?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 04:54 AM
    OTA link doesn't work and screen shot would be nice.

10-07-09 10:58 AM
    Could you post some screen shots?

Hey hey, I had attached pictures. What happened???

BTW... Let me get the desktop installation file up first then... I am trying to find a good OTA upload place.
    10-07-09 11:06 AM

Hey hey, I had attached pictures. What happened???

BTW... Let me get the desktop installation file up first then... I am trying to find a good OTA upload place.
    If I am not mistaken the people on the wap site can not see attached pictures.
    10-07-09 11:09 AM
    If I am not mistaken the people on the wap site can not see attached pictures.
    Oh thanks I got it!

I have just uploaded the pictures by the way.

Also. Do you know where I could upload the jad file and make it a hotlink?

I have used the Plazmic to do the jad file, but the actual jad file only has like 2.01kb... what happened. how do I make a usable jad file...? I have used desktop installation for my BB anyway...
    10-07-09 11:21 AM
    Oh thanks I got it!

I have just uploaded the pictures by the way.

Also. Do you know where I could upload the jad file and make it a hotlink?

I have used the Plazmic to do the jad file, but the actual jad file only has like 2.01kb... what happened. how do I make a usable jad file...? I have used desktop installation for my BB anyway...
    I think it should work now...
    10-07-09 11:48 AM
    I see the screen shots now and I just downloaded. Looks aswesome.

10-07-09 12:00 PM
    I see the screen shots now and I just downloaded. Looks aswesome.

Thanks! Any suggestions of improvements I could make?
    10-11-09 11:09 AM
    Hey,

That looks great. I have some suggestions.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2041/home1e.jpg
    I don't really like how this background in this meshes with its surroundings. The applications background really works well. I'm not a big fan of purple either, so the ability to change the highlighting would be nice (I don't have a BlackBerry yet, so this may be possible, I just don't know). Lastly, I find the Incoming Call background nice, but a little difficult to make out the number quickly.

Nice work.
    10-16-09 05:05 PM
    how come when i download this .. it doesnt show up under themes but only applications?
    10-20-09 04:01 PM
    Nice Theme.

Keep up the good work!
    10-26-09 12:58 PM
    Hey,

That looks great. I have some suggestions.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2041/home1e.jpg
    I don't really like how this background in this meshes with its surroundings. The applications background really works well. I'm not a big fan of purple either, so the ability to change the highlighting would be nice (I don't have a BlackBerry yet, so this may be possible, I just don't know). Lastly, I find the Incoming Call background nice, but a little difficult to make out the number quickly.

Nice work.
    Thanks for your comment. I will try to see if I can find a satisfying backgroud both aesthetically pleasing as well as simple.

For the color part, when you got your blackberry, reply to this post and I'll make a blue color theme version like the original one.
    11-01-09 01:24 PM
    how come when i download this .. it doesnt show up under themes but only applications?
    This is weird.... Are you using Bold 9000 4.6 OS? I haven't tried out 5.0 OS yet so I don;t know if that's the cause. And I saw your info that you are using Tour currently? Also, did you tried OTA or desktop installation?
    11-01-09 01:25 PM
    Nice Theme.

Keep up the good work!
    hehe. Thanks. Open up to suggestions.
    11-01-09 01:32 PM
    Nice work man! i like it. Thanks for sharing
    11-01-09 08:34 PM
    do u make u're themes in U style? but just calendar n weather... no mesage
    i think that is the great themes...

thx
    Last edited by budi5555; 12-08-09 at 02:39 AM.
    12-07-09 04:25 AM
    thanks, I love the theme, Ive been using this since December and every time I find a new one, I find myself switching back. Its awesome!

But one issue I have is the background image. When I change it, the background is fine, but when I need to do a battery pull, the background in the Applications screen turns white.

There was no issue with 4.6 os.

I'm running os 5.0.0.592, same with other vers of 5.0 I encountered the same issue.

maybe it's time for a ver 2 made for 5.0? ha

thanks
    04-05-10 04:51 PM
    Love purple, but could you make a hidden today? Please?

04-05-10 10:28 PM
    I like the idea of metallic with a kiss of royalty. The overall feel to it is perfect, however I would like to give a little humble suggestion - on the clock. The font of the clock could be better served with a more modernized digital font. Also, the weather text(weather eye btw) seem to overlay the wifi icon. Looking forward to any upgrade on this. Love this theme.

Last edited by dkcs; 04-06-10 at 03:16 AM.
    04-06-10 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD