i went thru all the different tutorials and finally found one that said to email the .jad file to myself on the blackberry, then download. when i went to do that, it give me an error saying that the d/l didnt go thru, and the error is about a cod or something.

i got the .jad file from pimpmyblackberry.com and this is my first time trying to install anything on my phone. what am i doing wrong????
    03-29-09 10:38 PM
    Is it 907 Invalid COD error?
    invalid cod has to do with the files needed to operate the device

Is it a correct theme for your OS/Device?
    03-29-09 10:48 PM
    aww, honestly, i have no idea! i didnt even check that. i just saw it, liked it and grabbed it. i'll have to go back to the site and see what i can find! thanks so much!
    03-29-09 10:49 PM
    Lol.
    Just make sure it's for The Bold and your OS
    03-29-09 10:50 PM
    okay, well i went and made sure that this next one i just tried was for the bold specifically, it's also the same file type and when i emailed it to myself, i downloaded and got the same cod error. i cant figure this out!
    03-29-09 10:56 PM
    i just d/l the newest os tonight. how do i figure out whether this theme will be supported on it?
    03-29-09 10:58 PM
    ok i think i figure dit out.. i was downloading directly to my computer then trying to send that file to my email...

so i realized i have to right click on teh file and copy the link, then email that..

so i got my first theme downloaded.. it seems buggy though cause it locked up on the main screen, but i'm trying a hard boot right now to see if that helps..

thanks for being so patient!
    03-29-09 11:09 PM
    So you got it to download ?

What do you mean "locked up" ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 11:10 PM
    i realized what was wrong with it.. it's the zen theme, and i usually scroll left to right to move from icon to icon and on this one i have to scroll up and down to go left and right.. kinda wierd, but i think i have it figured out now. i think i'll be switching themes again soon lol cuz i dont know if i can get used to that one. but im so glad i finally got the hang of it!! thanks for your help!!!!!
    03-29-09 11:22 PM
    Aww sweet !

Glad I could somewhat help !

03-29-09 11:23 PM
    i realized what was wrong with it.. it's the zen theme, and i usually scroll left to right to move from icon to icon and on this one i have to scroll up and down to go left and right.. kinda wierd, but i think i have it figured out now. i think i'll be switching themes again soon lol cuz i dont know if i can get used to that one. but im so glad i finally got the hang of it!! thanks for your help!!!!!
    It's not a buggy theme; thats how the theme creator made it. You'll come across a lot of themes scroll differently.
    03-29-09 11:25 PM
    okay, another silly question.. when i go to install other themes, i have to keep setting my folders back to the order i want them. is there a way to make them stay?
    03-29-09 11:31 PM
    No, that's how it is. If you download a new theme you have to arrange the icons.

But say you delete the theme and re add it later on the setting for that theme will still be on the phone.

03-29-09 11:32 PM
    okay, another silly question.. when i go to install other themes, i have to keep setting my folders back to the order i want them. is there a way to make them stay?
    Each time you add a use a new theme, you have to configure it the way you want it. If you decide to change themes, when you go back to one you have previously used, your configuration FOR THAT THEME will be the same as you set it up before.
    03-29-09 11:34 PM
    ok cool! thanx for helping learn the ropes guys!
    03-29-09 11:57 PM
    ok cool! thanx for helping learn the ropes guys!
    Thats what we're all here for....
    03-29-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD