love that theme with sooo much info on the screen! gonna keep that one - maybe with one of these nice background picz :-)

but there's a little issue with the font with german language: the characters with umlaut - � and � and so on are displayed with the two points just below the upper line.. hope you know what i mean. is this a setting in the theme? also we normaly don't use � for ss in switzerland..

I don't think so. Plazmic is pretty straight forward on the fonts. It may be the font I chose is not German friendly.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 04:42 AM
    Finally got the theme Scott. FANTASTIC!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work
    01-21-09 09:19 AM
    After using it for a couple of days, I like the bottom dock even more than the first release - good size for the icons. I've got my calendar icon on the far left so that I can get to it without watching the icons - just roll left on today screen.

Has anyone else noticed that if you go to the Profile settings to switch, the font is blacked out with the menu background? I rebooted, but it did not change.

The theme has worked flawlessly for me - exactly what I was looking for on the home screen. Several other themes I have tried didn't update the calendar on the home screen as appointments passed. This one did just fine.

Other than the header text on BB Messenger being cut off and missed call icons at the bottom of the in-call screen being clipped, everything else is great. I hope to see more themes like this. Great work!
    01-21-09 09:21 PM
    After using it for a couple of days, I like the bottom dock even more than the first release - good size for the icons. I've got my calendar icon on the far left so that I can get to it without watching the icons - just roll left on today screen.

Has anyone else noticed that if you go to the Profile settings to switch, the font is blacked out with the menu background? I rebooted, but it did not change.

The theme has worked flawlessly for me - exactly what I was looking for on the home screen. Several other themes I have tried didn't update the calendar on the home screen as appointments passed. This one did just fine.

Other than the header text on BB Messenger being cut off and missed call icons at the bottom of the in-call screen being clipped, everything else is great. I hope to see more themes like this. Great work!
    i noticed the header on bbm being clipped also.
    01-21-09 09:22 PM
    no1,

Sorry I didn't get back with you about that. I will look at this now, and see if I can fix it.

Scott
    01-21-09 09:30 PM
    Ok, I think I found what was wrong. I replaced the header with the stock version.

Try re-downloading and tell me if its fixed.

I'm sorry but I didn't notice it, but I will take your word for it.

Scott
    01-21-09 09:44 PM
    yea thats much better
    01-21-09 10:12 PM
    Good deal! Thanks Greg!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 10:51 PM
    I'm still getting the clipped header, even after deleting the old version and downloading the new one (Bottom Dock).
    01-22-09 06:30 AM
    looks good
    01-22-09 06:38 AM
    Thanks again to all who have commented.

Thanks to no1 for some great feedback on some over sights I made on the Bottom Dock theme.

Still working to resolve some minor font issues, and the header issue.

Anybody else noticing the header problem? Its in messenger. At the top the bottom of the text is cut off.

I'm not seeing it on my phone, but no1 sent pics of it on his device.

We are wondering if differnt OS versions effect it.
    Thanks
    Last edited by scottbg1; 01-22-09 at 01:37 PM.
    01-22-09 12:39 PM
    After sending no1 several versions of the theme, we have concluded that his OS version on his device is the problem. He is running .167 (the version originally released with the device) and it is not processing the fonts properly and causing these little cosmetic glitches.

So in conclusion, it wasn't my theme (thank god) its the OS causing the problems.

This doesnt mean it wont work with .167, it works fine, it just that the issues in no1's post, which are small issues, tend to arise using .167.

Download and install and enjoy!!

Thanks again for all the compliments and feedback!!!!

Scott
    01-22-09 09:37 PM
    no1 needs to update
    01-22-09 09:40 PM
    I have sent him the advantages of upgrading, I think he had already made up his mind anyway.

I can't thank him enough for his help in all this. He was kind of my BETA tester, because we were trying to get it flawless with his OS version. I'm sure there are tons of people who have installed this theme with the .167 OS, and either not noticed the glitches, or not said anything. I was hoping to make it work for ALL OS versions.

Thanks Nathan for your time and feedback!!!!!
    01-22-09 10:02 PM
    just re-installed the bottom dock but the text is still cut off in BB messenger. i reset the theme default settings (which changed my font to 9) and it doesnt cut off the text anymore.

however if im using size 7 font, the bb messenger header cuts off.

i am on .214
    01-22-09 10:47 PM
    How did you get the icons to be small in the first place? Was this with the Composer or in the Theme Builder directly?
    01-23-09 03:01 AM
    thanks for the bottom dock version.

i'm actually surprised that it changed the font in the Options area, didn't think anything you modified would affect the rest of the font of the system.
    01-23-09 04:46 AM
    i've run into some bugs (i think). .216

1) if i delete a calendar entry, it doesn't delete it from the main screen when i hover over the calender icon
    2) as mentioned above, the font in Options has been changed by the theme (but if i dive deeper then the font reverts back to what was originally set for my bb)
    3) if you set up a calendar entry, and pull up the dictionary (ie. mis-spell something, then click on the trackball and it pulls up a list of suggestions) all suggested words outside of the one currently being hovered over is blacked out and can't be seen.

can anyone test this? thanks
    01-23-09 04:56 AM
    concerning 1), it seems that it disappears once i go back into appointments and created a new appointment.
    01-23-09 05:19 AM
    i've run into some bugs (i think). .216

1) if i delete a calendar entry, it doesn't delete it from the main screen when i hover over the calender icon
    2) as mentioned above, the font in Options has been changed by the theme (but if i dive deeper then the font reverts back to what was originally set for my bb)
    3) if you set up a calendar entry, and pull up the dictionary (ie. mis-spell something, then click on the trackball and it pulls up a list of suggestions) all suggested words outside of the one currently being hovered over is blacked out and can't be seen.

can anyone test this? thanks
    Hi Sydney,

Regarding your concerns,

1) The today screen is meant, (by BlackBerry, and not me) to be a summary view of your entries, not to control, hence your last response of finding that the entrie was deleted after you went back to it. It refreshes only after you leave the icon, and then come back to it.

2) Dive deeper? I am not sure what you mean. Your font and font size preferences in the screen/keyboard settings, directly affect how your text will look, regardless of what somebody would select as a font when they build a theme. I am not positive on this, but when you installed the theme, my fonts were set as default, masking the default font YOU have set in your phone.

Explaination: When you installed and your default font in your phone was BBAlpha Sans, which is the first option in your phone, the font I chose is default, not BBAlpha Sans. If you change it to another font, it will change the LIST fonts, which are your options list, message list, ect. To change it back to MY font, change your default font back to the font that was default when you installed, in this case BBAlpha Sans. Is that what you meant?

3) That I can fix, I am assuming you are talking about the Bottom Dock version. I have updated the theme with the fix.

Thanks for the feedback!!
    Scott
    Last edited by scottbg1; 01-23-09 at 06:29 PM.
    01-23-09 06:26 PM
    Hey! I was wondering if you could change some stuff for me on your theme. I like using it cuz its simple and it shows a lot of the background. Id do it myself but i have no access to a computer at the moment feel free to email me or hit me up on bbm if youre able to.

pin: 24a258be

Thanks in advance!
    01-25-09 10:50 PM
    I have been trying to figure out the icon resizing \

Bottom Dock Today

OTA
    Sorry if I missed but for what model is this theme for? Icons look like the Flip icons.
    01-25-09 11:20 PM
    Just downloaded the top dock. Looks interesting. I've never tried one before.

And to the post above me its for the bold 9000
    01-25-09 11:50 PM
    Any chance of a bottom dock with cal that doesnt dissappear.
    01-26-09 06:10 PM
    Sorry, the only way to do that would be to put a calendar button up top, kind of taking away from the concept of the screen not being cluttered.
    01-31-09 09:40 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD