I'm new to Blackberry and to Crackberry.com, but I've been lurking here for a couple of months. Great site! And now that I have a Bold/9000, great device too.

I've downloaded a few themes with the today motif and the typeface is so small, I can barely read them with my 49 year old eyes. I've tried 3 or 4; they all have different font size or typefaces, but they are all too small.

So my Q is whether anyone knows of a theme that uses larger typeface for today items listed on the homepage? I really only care about getting calendar info on the home screen. So is there a theme with Today homescreen -- calendar only?? -- and more legible typeface for those of us whose eye not as sharp as they were 20 or 30 years ago?

Thanks for your help and CrackBerry Rocks!
    12-18-08 11:18 PM
    Try the blue L theme a post or 2 down. It has huge icons

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 12:02 AM
    It's not the icons I'm having trouble with; it's the text, the typeface. Anyone have any ideas for a today-type them that's got more readable text size?
    12-19-08 09:06 PM
    I can help you to make one.

You got any preference for your calender fonts?
    Tell me the type and size and I see how I can fit them in.
    Biggest font size available is 50.

Following theme have calender fonts set to size 37

To make them any bigger, will have to remove a roll of the icons.
    Last edited by Amos33; 12-20-08 at 10:41 AM.
    12-20-08 02:05 AM
    You're not the only one. There are a lot of us would prefer a larger font. It doesn't have to be huge- just a little bigger or in some cases maybe BOLD the font. Also, not bashing anyone's' Themes, just a preference

12-21-08 01:59 PM
    I can help you to make one.

You got any preference for your calender fonts?
    Tell me the type and size and I see how I can fit them in.
    Biggest font size available is 50.

Following theme have calender fonts set to size 37

To make them any bigger, will have to remove a roll of the icons.
    That's a generous offer I love the carbon fiber background on the background. I'd be totally satisfied with the BB Alpha Sans typeface in one size larger than the word "blackberry" in your mockup and the next 3 or 4 upcoming calendar events are always showing in the today field; and I don't see any need to have a calendar icon (or other icons along the left side) showing in the today area of the screen. I'm all about simplicity: one row of icons at the bottom, upcoming calendar events in the main area of the screen, and no icons along the left side. That would be about perfect for my needs.
    12-24-08 09:23 PM

Try this out and tell me how it goes. The Calender Icon on the today you cannot remove them unless you wanna remove the calender listing they goes together. The bottom dock icons are customizable. It will shows the first six icons on your application page. You can move those Icons.

I pop up most reading font a few notches up and I change back the Icons to more readable/reconizable type as well. If you still want the Icons I posted previously, I can post them as well.

Merry Christmas All!

Please use attachment at post 12
    Last edited by Amos33; 12-28-08 at 11:28 PM.
    12-25-08 01:45 AM

Try this out and tell me how it goes. The Calender Icon on the today you cannot remove them unless you wanna remove the calender listing they goes together. The bottom dock icons are customizable. It will shows the first six icons on your application page. You can move those Icons.

I pop up most reading font a few notches up and I change back the Icons to more readable/reconizable type as well. If you still want the Icons I posted previously, I can post them as well.

Merry Christmas All!
    Sweeet. This theme makes it a lot easier for viewing

12-25-08 08:52 PM
    This is really good. I'm glad someone finally made some bigger fonts.

Thanks a Bunch.
    12-25-08 10:40 PM
    That looks about right...it's loading on my Bold right now. I'll report back in a minute!
    12-27-08 10:44 PM
    The homescreen looks awsome. The typeface on agenda view, messages, and SMS are excellent. However, on menus where there is a black background, the typeface is...I don't know how to explain. It looks like the display has an astigmatism. When I highlight a menu item, it looks fine. But otherwise, the menu items are not legible. Also, the folders for games, applications, setup and downloads are just blank folders...I was diggin' the icons you had in your first post on this thread...maybe a good excuse to load them in this v3 theme.

I did a batt pull just to see if a fresh boot would cure the ails. But the items I listed above are still out of whack.

Don't get me wrong, you nailed it, but its just a few tweaks away from perfection.
    12-27-08 10:59 PM
    Ok. I fixed the menu problem.

Load in the attached.

The icons for app/download all are folders and they have the same default same icons. You can change them. At your app menu seect the folder e.g download press the left key of your scroll and select Edit folder. Highlight the Icon press the scroll and you can set another icon.

Sorry file attachment doesn't like me today. I will try again to attached the files later

Ok finally got it uploaded.
    Last edited by Amos33; 12-28-08 at 11:26 PM.
    12-28-08 02:50 AM
    update with that file?
    12-28-08 06:17 PM
    i cant upload it
    12-28-08 09:37 PM
    File loaded at post 12
    12-28-08 11:28 PM
    File loaded at post 12
    Any way to have the option for the message instead of the calendar in the middle. I know with the font, it will only be a few messages- if possible Just asking
    12-29-08 12:12 AM
    Here you go.

12-29-08 01:22 AM
    Awesome! Thanks. Download or OTA? Got it....Thanks

Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-30-08 at 09:25 PM.
    12-29-08 05:48 AM
    Sorry only download no OTA. Dont have a web server.
    Good thing about download is you can delete when u are board with the theme and reload them again when you want them
    12-29-08 06:09 AM
    I can't install it. The Desktop manager doesn't recognize this alx
    01-06-09 06:45 AM
    very nice theme. thanks.
    03-01-09 03:16 PM
    I am currently using a theme that I really like the look of but the font size of the calendar items, date, and SMS items that show in the today theme are just too small. Any chance it can be done for the Storm?
    03-01-09 03:42 PM
    I love the theme by Amos33 "large font black/white" , but have Blackberry Curve 8330. Any chance you could offer it in that format? thanks, Barbara
    07-18-09 08:45 AM
    Any chance of having this with the messages and calendar? I don't mind if it is only the two upcoming appointment entries. Thanks Will it run on my 9700 bold?
    Last edited by Mike X; 11-21-09 at 06:18 PM.
    11-21-09 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD