07-09-10 03:11 PM
144 1234 ...
tools
    No problem. Many users do not realize that we have a forum for each models theme now. Its pretty new. No worries
    Ubuntu2 supports 3rp party apps half size to match the rest take it for a test drive. Making a bold version soon for all those bold icon lovers out there.
    12-16-08 01:55 PM
    Thanks loopy these are wonderful. I bow to all of you theme makers lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 01:55 PM
    Nice themes, but the thing I noticed is that any icon you use for apps, such as the CB app is way larger than the other icons.

he already stated that would happen.....Super, ty so much for the half tho I love having all the icons i actually use on the main screen rather than searching after having to hit the menu button !
    12-16-08 02:17 PM
    Thanks for all your compliments. I'm pretty OCD myself when it comes to things being centered or in the correct position so if there's anything that comes up feel free to mention it here.

Thanks again all!
    I really appreciate you changing the lock screen to default to the user's wallpaper and all the effort you went to in creating these themes. The other thing I like about the half side theme is that the banner at the top is smaller, too, so as someone else mentioned it maximized the wallpaper's visibility. I have this fantastic little holiday wallpaper with the focal point being in the center of the screen and it drove me crazy having any of it covered up by icons or banners. So this is just fantastic.

Thanks again.
    12-16-08 02:18 PM
    Thanks, appreciated!

12-16-08 04:13 PM
    Big time thanks man!!

I'm using the half theme and it looks terrific with the wallpaper I'm using. I love the way you spelled out the day and month. Very professional looking, especially with the right wallpaper.

But the best thing is I just got my Bold today and I don't have to worry about sifting thru hundreds of themes to find the one I want. You just know when you've found the one you'll be using long term.

Much, much appreciated!!!
    Last edited by Marine One; 12-17-08 at 05:56 AM.
    12-17-08 05:47 AM
    I'm really thrown back by all the people that like these themes.

I figured most people liked the gimmicky, more technical themes but there are people out there who are simplistic like me I guess.

I don't want any payment for making these but since I've had so many requests you can send it via Paypal to bryanpwilliams@gmail.com.

Happy Holidays to all. I'll be working on a sliding half theme soon so that all the icons disappear off the bottom of the screen.

12-17-08 10:34 AM
    Just wanted to shout-out a HUGE "thank you"!! I downloaded the Half, and the Half Side themes... they are just what I've been looking for!! It's nice to be able to show off your wallpaper and not have it covered up by big icons!! Keep up the awesome work... I'll be watching for more of your themes!!
    12-17-08 01:52 PM
    sexii... gj loopy
    12-18-08 02:33 AM
    Love it! WOuld like to have the The "Side" theme with messages and calendar in the middle
    12-18-08 02:55 AM
    I thought about that one Rob, but I think it would get a little too crowded. My themes are more for people who want to be able to see their wallpapers. I only made the Today+ one because of so many requests.

If I have some extra time I'll throw one of those together for you and PM you with the download info.

Again, I'm glad so many people are happy with these themes.

And to those who have PM'd me with questions on theme building I hope I was helpful in answering because there are some people on here who think this is rocket science and they're the only ones who can figure this stuff out and won't give you any information. Like they're holding the secret recipe from the Colonel or something. I'm happy to share what knowledge I have so that we can have that many more great themes out there.
    12-18-08 12:53 PM
    Hopefully ecruz or another person will share the how to do the half size icons (including 3rd party icons) with composer... :-)
    12-18-08 01:30 PM
    I thought about that one Rob, but I think it would get a little too crowded. My themes are more for people who want to be able to see their wallpapers. I only made the Today+ one because of so many requests.

If I have some extra time I'll throw one of those together for you and PM you with the download info.

Again, I'm glad so many people are happy with these themes.

And to those who have PM'd me with questions on theme building I hope I was helpful in answering because there are some people on here who think this is rocket science and they're the only ones who can figure this stuff out and won't give you any information. Like they're holding the secret recipe from the Colonel or something. I'm happy to share what knowledge I have so that we can have that many more great themes out there.
    Thanks SuperLoopy, looking forward to your PM when you have the time to make one. Thank you.
    12-18-08 03:24 PM
    Downloaded and using the L theme, thanks a bunch!
    12-18-08 03:25 PM
    Update coming soon for 3rd party app resizing.
    12-19-08 11:38 AM
    Update coming soon for 3rd party app resizing.
    You found out how to half size the theme button called :
    Use Application Device Order in Composer???? really!!!! already ask elycruz and he didn't want to share the knowledge, may I ask you how to do it? everytime I try (rasterize, reduce 50% etc then export to SVG) in theme builder you only see a corner of the icon - I am pretty sure you know what I mean by that :-)

pleasseee
    Last edited by Tito71; 12-19-08 at 01:39 PM.
    12-19-08 11:51 AM
    I'm glad you found out. Good for you. I hope you share I don't. I love finding things out on my own.

12-19-08 12:35 PM
    Yep that's my point! just want to know (half size 3rd party icons resizing in composer) so I can share new themes with all of you like I already did in my own thread. I did everything on my own, trial and error but this one is harder on me, I am reaching out for help once...
    Last edited by Tito71; 12-19-08 at 01:56 PM.
    12-19-08 01:42 PM
    Tito I'm going to relasing a how to on hidden dock and crossbar I'm pretty sure loopy is making the icon one

12-19-08 02:17 PM
    Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen, the Holidays have finally smacked me square in the face and I'm not going to have time before the end of the year to finish my tutorial let alone update the current themes. Work is hectic as I work in the cable television business and with the DTV transition it's only got worse. I'd have never believed that many people were still watching TV over an antenna until I saw how many new customers we've gained since they ran the test earlier this week.

If ely hasn't been so kind as to take the time to at least write out a how-to on the icon resizing before I get some time, I'll definitely be finishing my video tutorial after the first of the year.

On a side note, ely, most people can watch the flick-n-slide tutorial and figure out a hidden dock or crossbar but there's a lot of people wanting to resize icons that genuinely just don't have the time that you or I may to do the trial and error on their own.

As I had written before, sharing theme how-tos only helps the theme creation and quality of themes to get better and better. If you were charging for themes I may attempt to understand but you're not, so share with the masses.

I'll still be around here to answer any questions at least daily but I just don't have a couple hours to devote atm to a good quality tutorial and I don't produce half assed things. Thanks to everyone who has complimented on my themes and I hope you continue to enjoy them.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
    12-19-08 08:59 PM
    your right but you could have told them right now its a simple 2 min fix. Loopy and everyone else lets have one place to post. i started a how to section for hidden and crossbar. It will help the newbies and everyone if we keep it in one area. I will post it after i have my snack.
    Last edited by elycruz0102; 12-19-08 at 09:24 PM.
    12-19-08 09:10 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/how...ossbar-118974/ link back to it will be posting some pics soon. eating right now.
    12-19-08 09:16 PM
    to Ely and Super Loopy: icon resizing 3rd party, don`t need a long and extensive guide just a few key words in Composer and I will understand I just want to make my themes better and share them for Free with all (like you Ely, didn`t plan to sell any of my stuff)
    12-19-08 09:25 PM
    tito first how to coming up
    12-19-08 09:48 PM
    Ely! Great to see you've come around!

I really never started making themes to distribute to begin with. I had so many requests after posting my screen shots that I thought I'd spread the joy. I hope all of the free theme makers can unite and share in the wealth of knowledge we have and spread quality themes that people will enjoy without charging people for.
    12-19-08 10:10 PM
144 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD