12-27-09 03:15 PM
42 12
tools
    I have made a few themes, but my favorite is the bottom dock with small icons. I also like the having a weather app and I wanted to incorporate that into a theme that could be used with a landscape shot as a background.

This is not much different from the Bottom Dock I made a while back. This theme contains 8 small icons at the bottom of the screen, but has a regular sized icon in the top right hand corner for whatever you want, but I intended it to be used for a weather icon. Be aware that if you use a regular icon in the top right position, that it will be a small icon. The only icons that will show as regular size are third party, or icons I was not able to resize, which isn't too many. I believe I was able to find and resize all blackberry app icons. I was not able to change carrier icons.
    Like the previous version, it also features the today screen, to view your new messages and calendar entries. You can place your calendar and/or message icon whereever you like except for the #8 position, or the top right hand corner, which incidently is the #9 position, as far as arranging what icons you want on the home screen.

The icons on the App screen are also small.

This picture shows the background that is set to original, with the "WeatherEye" app icon in top right hand corner.

Same picture, but showing the today screen

THIS IS NOT A BACKGROUND INCLUDED WITH THE THEME, just an example of different backgrounds that compliment the weather icons. This is with the "WeatherBug" icon.

Sorry about only having a moon to show as example. But took these shots during night time. As I am sure your aware, these two weather apps I have shown show a Sun, Moon, clouds, rain, ect, depending on the conditions outside.

I hope you enjoy.

OTA DOWNLOAD
    02-06-09 03:18 AM
    excellent work, weather icons are a must
    02-06-09 03:50 AM
    Just downloaded -- will let u know! Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 05:58 AM
    Can't get it to show up on the theme list. It does show on the app list tho

02-06-09 06:28 AM
    Can't get it to show up on the theme list. It does show on the app list tho

KillBill do you own a Blackberry Bold 9000? or a Blackberry World edition 8830 as it states in your profile? If it is a Blackbery Bold then try doing a battery reset by leaving the power on and removing the battery for about 10 seconds(make sure the berry is not plugged in when doing this).

Now if you own a 8830 then this theme won't work.
    02-06-09 07:13 AM
    Hi, this a very nice theme. Thank you for sharing it. When I installed it, the camera Icon came up on the top right side, instead of the WeatherEye. I haven't seen a place where I need to move the WeatherEye icon to get it to show up there. What am I missing?

Thanks very much!
    02-07-09 07:44 AM
    The top right icon on the home screen, is the 9th icon on your app screen. Move your weathrr icon to that 9th position. That being said, the first 8 icons are customizable as well. You can have any icon you like on your home screen. Be sure to include your message and calendar icon in the first 7 to take advantage of the today screen. You can't put the message or calendar in the #8 position as I had to use that as a route to get to the top right, or weather icon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!

02-07-09 08:56 AM
    That indeed helped! It looks GREAT! Thanks again!!!
    02-07-09 09:53 AM
    Great theme. Exactly what I was looking for.

02-08-09 10:23 PM
    That is nice.
    Simple but I like the small icons and love the 1 large icon for weather.
    02-08-09 10:58 PM
    i love the theme being that it has just the right icons in all the right places but may i ask and sugest a few things that needs to be fixed in this theme to make it even better. please for over all one change the font its just crapy its just dont look good on the bold please that really needs to be changed with the smaller cleaner font if you know how i can change that maybe i missed something but do tell me. other the notifications when you get a new message or sms text i dont know if its possible being that its custom if you got the option to inable that please do tell thats about it on that one i really will appreciate if you can upgrade it with thouse fixes you did a wonderful work on that. i dont know how to do these kind of things but your very good in knowing what people need. thanks a million im looking forward to hearing back thanks again.
    02-09-09 12:34 PM
    i love the theme being that it has just the right icons in all the right places but may i ask and sugest a few things that needs to be fixed in this theme to make it even better. please for over all one change the font its just crapy its just dont look good on the bold please that really needs to be changed with the smaller cleaner font if you know how i can change that maybe i missed something but do tell me. other the notifications when you get a new message or sms text i dont know if its possible being that its custom if you got the option to inable that please do tell thats about it on that one i really will appreciate if you can upgrade it with thouse fixes you did a wonderful work on that. i dont know how to do these kind of things but your very good in knowing what people need. thanks a million im looking forward to hearing back thanks again.
    I'm sorry that you don't like the font. Using the today screen doesn't leave you with a whole lot of options. I have found that most fonts available in theme builder will not space themselves properly on the today screen. Not quite unreadable, but not very attractive. So I chose this particular font, for legibilty. I ofcourse used the same font throughout the theme, so they would all match.

You'll forgive me as I do not understand your question about the SMS text and the new messages.

I think you are asking me to inable them to be viewed on the today screen. If that is indeed your question, then understand that function already excist on this theme. Your message icon as well as your calendar icon MUST be located on the home screen. But only in positions 1 thru 7. The icon used in postition #8 was needed for a path to the weather icon, so I had to disable the today screen from it.

You will need to hover over your message icon with your cursor and your NEW messages will appear on the screen. Messages you have already read will NOT appear.

These are the limitations of the Theme Builder program, and not by my design.

I hope I answered your questions.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!!!! I really appreciate it!!
    02-09-09 01:10 PM
    scott, I could be wrong, but in theme builder I think if you put all 8 icons leading up to today, then today leading up to weather, and weather leading down to either today/or #8, and turn on navigational history, it might work better? That way any of the 8 icons can be today icons, you can go up to weather from any of the 8, and it'll still all work?

just an idea. up to you, i dont even use this theme just thought it might help you.
    02-09-09 02:07 PM
    I'll need to check that out to be sure but, to access the today screen, there must be an entrie showing on the screen before a nav path opens up to scroll up right? If this is true, you could only access the weather icon when a new message or calendar entry appeared

It is food for thought though. Worth checking out.

Thanks!

02-09-09 02:39 PM
    I'll need to check that out to be sure but, to access the today screen, there must be an entrie showing on the screen before a nav path opens up to scroll up right? If this is true, you could only access the weather icon when a new message or calendar entry appeared

It is food for thought though. Worth checking out.

Thanks!

you would think so ....however I think I am right. I was playing around last night and it appeared to work the way I described. Not positive though because I had to abandon that method for my theme (check it out, Zen Twenty, just posted!), because I had two rows of ten icons, and I'd always go back down to the same icon, rather than the one directly above or below.

In your case, that won't be a problem because you can just have scrolling down from weather always lead to a specific icon (eg #8)

check it out! hope i'm right and it works for you...
    02-09-09 02:56 PM
    actually when i did a battery pull the star on the icons with new mail and sms started to show, thats what i meant buy the new notifications. that red star dot on the icons that shows up when you get something new. so thats well done. but in my mails i cant see the time of the recieved email well at all thats why im asking for the bold font that will be nice i will even give a donation just for a special font for me thanks again for this.
    02-09-09 06:29 PM
    actually when i did a battery pull the star on the icons with new mail and sms started to show, thats what i meant buy the new notifications. that red star dot on the icons that shows up when you get something new. so thats well done. but in my mails i cant see the time of the recieved email well at all thats why im asking for the bold font that will be nice i will even give a donation just for a special font for me thanks again for this.
    the above comment reminded me scott, would you mind helping me with something?

I followed your guide somewhere to build my ZenTwenty theme I just posted, where I resize all icons including 3rd party icons. However, that way DOES cause the problem the above user was mentioning where red stars dont appear to notify you of updates. I noticed with this theme you no longer resize 3rd party apps and they do appear.

How do you resize them in this manner? I've gotten fairly decent with theme builder and composer so I could probably follow just a couple line explanation.

Thanks for your help! I want to make my ZenTwenty theme half the old way and half the way you did this one, so I can put third party icons on one row, resized, and still have messages and bb icons notify properly.
    02-09-09 06:45 PM
    Sent you a pm.
    02-09-09 10:48 PM
    scott i notice something but i want to ask you first on your bb do the weater icon change on its own or do you have to open weather eye and let it update. my permissions are all on allow but i find the icon not chaning like cloud moon and sun i have to hit the home there i see the sun peeking through the clouds so only when i move it around it shows up but not on its own how can i fix this also will you add a clean font for me mate i will greatlly appreciate it.
    This is a note to all theme builders im not sure to what is causeing this but for changes to take effect like the start to show up on the new mail icons i have to battery pull for the update to take place however when you read all your new mails and sms the star stays showing like the mail is still there.
    When i switch back to the defauls themes the notifications show just fine.
    02-11-09 11:50 PM
    You know, I do not have alot of experience with weathereye. I downloaded it just to test this theme. I have always used weatherbug.

But, when I did test it, and I tried it for a couple of days before I posted, it seemed to have worked fine.

I do remember reading on here that the weathereye icon isnt the most reliable when it comes to updating. And I have also read that some of the OS updates for the Bold tend to mess with that reliability. I am currently running .216, and as I said I didn't have any problems during testing, and I have never had a problem with Weatherbug.

Now my other bottom dock, in which the icons were made via composer, are famous for not updating ANY third party icons. Thats why I made this one and resized using photoshop, so it would be friendlier for the weather apps.

I hate your having the trouble and wish I had a more definitive answer.
    02-13-09 04:51 PM
    THIS IS NOT A BACKGROUND INCLUDED WITH THE THEME, just an example of different backgrounds that compliment the weather icons. This is with the "WeatherBug" icon.

OMG i love the background of the city... is there anyway i can have this wallpaper?
    02-13-09 04:57 PM
    Here you go
    02-14-09 10:49 PM
    Thanks a lot scott that's no problem. Cause as with other themes I'm noticing that weather eye do work cause when I hit the home button on the bold I can see the sun and clouds for today but on the dock it still shows the moon from last night. Is this a problem with the bold using custom themes as to the theme that's come with it I'm going to test this weather eye with the default and keep my eye on it for changes. Actually I gotten to really like weather eye as its always updating but the bold you can see its not funtiong the way it should if it would. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it ill keep you posten of any changes.
    02-15-09 01:46 PM
    where did you get the background in the third pic? i can't find it anywhere. i really love it!!!!
    03-27-09 05:48 PM
    anychance to make this wonderfull theme with default normal size icon on the application screen ?
    03-28-09 05:10 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD