another one of those themes I started for myself, and figured would throw it out there in case anyone else might want it. not too flashy, but it compliments the Bold's looks.

Features
    Black Leather wallpapers
    Storm icon focuses
    Two versions - 1. Bottom dock; 2. Today + Bottom dock (calendar/messages)
    Bottom docks are user customizable.
    Price: Free
    OTA only

Links
    Slique Bottom dock
    Slique Today + Bottom dock

if there are any problems with the themes layouts post in here. feedback is much appreciated, as always.
    if you like my work and would like to donate, there is a donation link on my blog (in signature)

Screens (more screenshots @ links)
    Last edited by ninja please; 04-28-09 at 02:08 AM.
    triplejota2003 likes this.
    04-28-09 01:38 AM
    Very, I require something akin to this, for my Storm.
    Well executed ninja.
    04-28-09 02:44 AM
    great theme, currently using it and like it a lot.

One small suggestion, maybe make the menu fonts smaller (when you hit the BB button say in email). Maybe like 1 or 2 font points smaller, nothing huge but its a little large at least IMO and causing a lot more up and down scrolling to find stuff.

Also on the homescreen, possibly swap the carrier branding with the time (center the time over the date, and move the carrier to the left over the battery). Id assume the time is much more of a high focus item for people than their carrier name.

Maybe even get rid of the carrier name all together, center the time, slide the battery icon up, and then you have space- can put in an icon slot in that top bar portion for a small profiles icon (or w/e the user wants to put there).

Just some suggestions that would look nice and increase functionality
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-28-09 at 05:32 AM.
    04-28-09 05:23 AM
    I am using it now, one of the more slick themes on here! Much appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 10:39 AM
    great theme, currently using it and like it a lot.

One small suggestion, maybe make the menu fonts smaller (when you hit the BB button say in email). Maybe like 1 or 2 font points smaller, nothing huge but its a little large at least IMO and causing a lot more up and down scrolling to find stuff.

Also on the homescreen, possibly swap the carrier branding with the time (center the time over the date, and move the carrier to the left over the battery). Id assume the time is much more of a high focus item for people than their carrier name.

Maybe even get rid of the carrier name all together, center the time, slide the battery icon up, and then you have space- can put in an icon slot in that top bar portion for a small profiles icon (or w/e the user wants to put there).

Just some suggestions that would look nice and increase functionality

great ideas, I will look into it. this is only my second Bold theme, things are pretty different from the Curve ones... I'm not a fan of carrier logos either... you're right about moving the stuff on the banner around though, the profiles icon needs to stay there.

thanks for the input, I'll probably be updating this one soon, keep the suggestions coming everyone.
    04-28-09 01:00 PM
    very cool. I know other themes dont have the carrier banner at all so im positive you can just remove it all together. Thatd be really ideal, just put the time centered over the date, slide the battery icon up and stick a smaller profiles slot there, then that gives you 7 icons total and dont have to waste one of the 6 slots for the profiles icon.

kind of like this one http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...bscreen-1-.jpg but would be on the left side with the battery icon over the profile int eh header. Could even stick a slot for a weather icon on the right side how he has it (but not necessary). Theres tons of stuff you can fiddle with to get maximum functionality, but definitely love the colors and the overall layout so I wouldnt change any of that other than maybe the slightly smaller menu font suggestion.

Good work though for your 2nd theme, one of the first "dark" themes Ive seen, and Ill definitely keep using it.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-28-09 at 01:48 PM.
    04-28-09 01:44 PM
    i like it, just a little crowded on the home screen for the today+ version
    04-28-09 01:59 PM
    yeh i was thinking that too. Maybe resize the icons (same Storm look) but make the 3/4 or 1/2 size and get 3 appointments and 3 calendar entries
    04-28-09 02:03 PM
    Great theme. I was wondering how to fix the font issue on the home screen? Its cut off when you hover over one of the icons. Thanks !

04-28-09 03:47 PM
    Great theme. I was wondering how to fix the font issue on the home screen? Its cut off when you hover over one of the icons. Thanks !

I'm not sure how that can be fixed, I tried increasing the space allowed for the application name but it doesn't seem to help. does the application of the icon you hover to have a long name?
    04-28-09 05:02 PM
    sounds more like the Bold infamous font overlap on some themes on certain beta OSs
    04-28-09 08:00 PM
    They all get covered no matter how big/small. And also mine is not a beta OS. Maybe if the font was smaller it might fix it. None the less great theme I love it!

04-28-09 08:51 PM
    that is very strange, it doesn't do that on my bold... hmm.

if anyone knows what in the helll that could be, please chime in... lol
    04-28-09 11:11 PM
    Amazing Theme, Very clean and professional looking. I'm going to keep this for a very long time.

I have one issue. Is there a way to get the SMS/MMS Icon back instead of using my "messages"
    Thanks!
    09-15-09 12:08 PM
    Amazing Theme, Very clean and professional looking. I'm going to keep this for a very long time.

I have one issue. Is there a way to get the SMS/MMS Icon back instead of using my "messages"
    Thanks!
    simple, go to messages > options and change sms/email inboxes to separate
    09-16-09 08:55 AM
    Much appreciate it...
    09-18-09 02:41 PM
    thank you so much!!
    09-18-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD