Hi All,

I'm learning to make icons, still not good at it. Give me your comments.
    Made this simple today Black & White theme for Bold 9000.

Sorry for double posting, not sure if I posted in the theme general section will they move it here.
    12-13-08 09:46 AM
    Nice, clean and simple...great work!
    12-13-08 10:02 AM
    I like it. Simple is the best.
    12-13-08 10:05 AM
    you're getting really good at this amos. it's awesome
    12-14-08 06:42 PM
    Very nice!
    12-14-08 09:41 PM
    nice...keep up the good work...
    12-14-08 11:36 PM
    Thanks for the nice comments.

Hope you all can help to critics my other themes as well. Seems like everyone here is too nice as I've never got any critics even for those very badly done first few themes which I made. I'm sure there are many rooms for improvement

Don't worry even if it is very bad critics as taken positively, it will be made to good use.

Currently learning to make Spheres icon. Trying to look for some wallpapers where it goes well with Sphere Icons with different colors. Anyone got any idea or seen 1 please lead me to it.

Thanks all.
    12-15-08 06:44 PM
    what program do you use to make icons? what size are they generally?
    12-19-08 10:37 AM
    I use GIMP and Photoshop. Recommend GIMP because they're free
    Homescreen Icons for Bold are 80x80
    12-20-08 02:09 AM
    ok i have one question! When I install themes they do not go to the options>themes menu-- however it says installation successful and i can see them under settings>options>advanced options>applications

WHERE IS MY THEME and how do i get it under options>themes??

thanks in advance.

and btw: I really love this black and white theme and cant wait to install it once i get this issue squared away. Sorry im sort of a newbie.
    12-23-08 04:16 PM
    Hmm.... weird. It should be under options>themes.

Did you use Desktop Manager -> Application loader and then browse to the directory where you download the theme and select that. After installed it should be there.

Please note there is another similiar theme for Simply Black & White with bigger reading fonts but only 6 bottom dock Icons at following post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/th...-fonts-118678/
    Last edited by Amos33; 12-26-08 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Another similiar theme
    12-23-08 09:46 PM
    OMG.........You are my friend for life, now YOU know how to make a theme. I love the big icons.........excellent and clean, I love the one with the messages only...I would like to know if you could make one just like that but with the neon icons against an all black background, no one seems to understand what I want......you know each one is a different neon color......I just love beautiful color against black! Just a suggestion since I finally found someone that knows how to truely make a good theme that I don't have to squint to read.
    03-16-09 12:47 PM
    Good work, but personally I can't stand OEM icons. They're too simple, like stick figure cartoons next to the latest animated movie.
    03-19-09 10:23 AM
    Using this theme but have a problem with the Calender entries on the main screen. Mine shows two line entries but the individual fields are compacted into each other. Shows as a bit of a mess.
    Is this something individual to my Bold or a general thing to all?
    03-20-09 03:05 AM
    Having a bit of a problem with this one, and its probably a Noob-thing. Downloaded and installed using Application Installer and and it shows up in my Application List, but it doesn't show up in my Theme list so I have no way of enabling it.
    TIA
    01-03-10 11:55 AM
    Do you have a Bold 9000? Or a 8310 Curve? This theme will only work for the Bold.
    01-03-10 02:03 PM
    Having a bit of a problem with this one, and its probably a Noob-thing. Downloaded and installed using Application Installer and and it shows up in my Application List, but it doesn't show up in my Theme list so I have no way of enabling it.
    TIA
    This is only compatible with BB Bold 9000 what device are you using?
    01-03-10 02:20 PM
    Bold 9000..I forgot to update my device..lol
    01-03-10 03:29 PM
    Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD