Very nice clean theme
    Thanks for sharing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 12:37 AM
    Like it as well, and looking forward to the weather slot variations. Thanks for the great looking theme!
    09-28-09 11:08 AM
    Left and Right side weather apps are up. I had to cut down on the Today entries. It is down to 7 from 10. The original no app version is still up with 10 Today entries.

I want to experiment with something this weekend so there may be a forth version. If I can get it to work.
    09-28-09 07:54 PM
    This is a nice looking theme! The style is catchy!

09-29-09 10:10 PM
    Really nice. Thanks
    10-01-09 05:27 PM
    Oh very very well done sir! Superb theme!

I tried the other ones with similar designs and I personally think this is the best one.
    Nice use of color overall.
    Great use of color to highlight the small icons.
    Love the center time slot color shift!

A couple of comments if I may. Please consider/ignore as you see fit.

- On my device at least, there are funky text issues:

I saw this happen in one of my themes and I got around it by making all the fonts in the menu section one point smaller than the plazmic default.

- The bottom dock doesn't carry over in the lock screen. I think the color dock around the time looks great and would like to see it as much as possible

The following comments are personal preferences. Again, please ignore as you see fit.
    - I love the use of yellow/orange color scheme throughout the theme. The dark gray today highlight bar seems bland by comparison.
    - I find myself highlighting the center time slot by default to get some color. I guess I'm not a fan of gray
    - Would love to see a percentage meter on the battery

I'm liking this theme layout and I think this theme design makes best use of it so far.

I don't have to many 3rd party themes on my bold - in fact, I don't have any outside of my own - until now. I'm keeping this one!

Thank you for a most excellent theme!
    10-02-09 11:28 AM
    Red: thanks for the comments. I love your themes so this is a treat.

For the text size, I will have to play and send you some test versions. I can't duplicate either issue so I can't test it. Nobody else has commented so it may be something strange with your BB but we will see if we can rework it.

(I wonder if that font size issue might not be a bleed through from another theme. I discovered app's will retain the last icon specified by a theme if they are not specifically set in the current theme. I wonder if that might not happen with fonts too? Thinking out loud.)

I don't use the lock screen so I didn't notice that it wasn't there. I will add the svg file to that screen so it is consistent. (Just a blunder on my part)

The theme I was primarily using prior to this one was actually ECruz's hero theme and I was not a fan of the battery percentage. I'll see if I can figure it out and make a version with it but no promises.

The gray, yellow, and orange were actually the original graphics in the android OS which is why I stuck with them. I'll see if a black one looks alright with it but I'm guessing it will turn it into a halloween/pumpkin theme quickly. (especially at this time of year)
    10-02-09 12:37 PM
    The gray, yellow, and orange were actually the original graphics in the android OS which is why I stuck with them. I'll see if a black one looks alright with it but I'm guessing it will turn it into a halloween/pumpkin theme quickly. (especially at this time of year)[/QUOTE]

May I suggest yellow for the today highlights and see how that looks? Agree that black will make it look too Halloween.
    10-02-09 12:43 PM
    Oh, yeah. Thanks for the weather icon, a great theme gone better Now, it is all about the wallpaper as You put it, but would You be interested in "hiding" it a little while showing the today entries, like E does in Hero and I do in my new Precision7 v2? (though i'm sure E's way is different and animated)

I discovered that it is not as hard as I feared at first; what I did was just creating a image at appr. 466x100px (whatever fits), load it into composer and convert it into a button..... Yes a button!
    Then You can set action on "browser button focus in" to Hide this new button and "messages button focus in" to show this button.
    Don't put any action like hide this button on focus out, then the underlay will go away when you navigate to the today text.
    You will get a warning when exporting the theme that navigation to this button can not be reached, but hey, we do not need to activate it, we should just see it

Hope You know what I mean. I'm not pretending to try and teach You to make themes You do an excellent job already, I just discovered this "work-around" by chance and wanted to give something back to all of you!
    (You can always pay me back by keeping international character support )

BR Mio

10-02-09 05:03 PM
    My bb is primarily used in a corporate setting so for me, it is definitely not "all about the wallpaper" but rather a fine blend of wallpaper and functionality. Even tho billed as a wallpaper theme, for me, this theme also has high functionality and hits the mark.
    10-02-09 06:03 PM
    The lock screen is fixed. Please let me know if I screwed up which version went where. I did at least once but I think everything is in the right folders.

I'm torn on the shaded background for the today area. I'd like to but I really don't want to have more than one flavor of composer files. I can see myself getting really confused. BUT it will help make it visible. What I might do is make a full screen dim and put it behind the menu bar and the today area should go on top of that. It will probably look better that what I will come up with otherwise. Thanks for telling me how to do it, I'm sure I will have to revisit it again with someone.

So what is on the agenda?
    1. try to fix redzapper's text problem. I'm working on a version for him now that hopefully will fix it.
    2. contemplating converting the media button to a music button. I use the media button about 60:40 in favor of music but this will probably be a move I need to make for OS5.
    3. see about making a today overlay to aid viewing. And I did try the dual color text and that just looked awful.
    4. possible hiding weather app. If I can figure it out in the svg file and it isn't a resource drain.

Anybody think of a reason why I shouldn't do a semi hidden profiles app in the SVG file to make the highlighter match a little better? (Since I may be creating a navigation error anyway.)
    10-02-09 08:36 PM
    Jan,
    Thanks for the fix. It looks/works great!

This theme style is great with the wallpaper changer app that I am using.

Last edited by redzapper; 10-03-09 at 08:31 PM.
    10-03-09 08:15 AM
    So I will officially post that version then. OS5 with the fixed text and media app changed to music app. Right corner weather app.

http://www.warrenborn.com/Blackberry...le_Android.jad
    Last edited by cavingjan; 11-13-09 at 11:21 AM.
    10-03-09 07:24 PM
    Hi can you change the font for the calendar, its really big. Maybe remove the bold?? Also can you have fix text for the weather program on home screen? Thanks

10-04-09 07:09 PM
    What is wrong with the weather text? As far as I know, I have fixed the last of the bugs on Friday night.

New version for the plain one without weather apps in the corners. I introduced a greying effect on messages and calendar so it is easier to read. The font has been reduce back to regular font since it is now easier to read.

Tell me what you think about this version and I'll apply the same things to the other versions.
    10-04-09 08:21 PM
    Hi can you change the font for the calendar, its really big. Maybe remove the bold?? Also can you have fix text for the weather program on home screen? Thanks

I can't speak for cavingjan specifically, but some developers tend to avoid putting in fixed weather text due to it not being properly updated on the home screen.
    10-04-09 08:50 PM

I'm sorry. I misread your comment. You want weather text that never leaves the screen. I have no clue how to do that in theme builder.

I'll probably look to apply the tweaks to the other 3 versions on Tuesday night unless I hear about any problems. I'd rather knock out the bugs the first time rather than having to redo them 4 times.
    10-04-09 09:13 PM
    I like the shading. But personally i would prefer a darker toned shade if it is possible. Other then that I will miss medias but thats just life i guess

Thanks for a great theme

Br. Mio

10-05-09 11:28 AM
    What do you mean by miss medias?

I tried the same shade as the bottom gray area but that seemed a little much.
    10-05-09 11:42 AM
    You will change it to music, right? Or is it only for OS 5 version?

Regarding the shade, I guess You are right about it getting to dark when the whole screen is darkened.

But either way it really improves the possibilities of having high contrast WP like stunning sceneries that really goes well with the theme

Br Mio

10-05-09 04:09 PM
    The OS5 version will work just fine on older OS phones. I just changes two font sizes to fix a glitch and also changes the media app to the music app since OS5 does away with the media app.

I don't intend to change all of the versions over to the music app since I tend to use pictures almost as much as music. In the future I will probably "retire" them to a new install location and update all of the versions to be OS5 compliant but I will try to keep the old versions around. I will probably just not do any work on them which after I get the background in play and the profile navigation tweaked, we should be good to go and need no more updates.
    10-05-09 07:23 PM
    I'm sorry. I misread your comment. You want weather text that never leaves the screen. I have no clue how to do that in theme builder.

I'll probably look to apply the tweaks to the other 3 versions on Tuesday night unless I hear about any problems. I'd rather knock out the bugs the first time rather than having to redo them 4 times.

Hey, the version without the weather dock has the perfect font size and is working out great for me. Thanks alot.
    10-05-09 08:56 PM
    Jan,
    Thanks for the fix. It looks/works great!

This theme style is great with the wallpaper changer app that I am using.

Im curious about the wallpaper changer youre using...
    10-05-09 09:10 PM
    Im curious about the wallpaper changer youre using...

It is called Wallpaper Changer:

Wallpaper Changer - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

You need to be running OS 5 tho. I'm running OS5.0.0.238

This is a GREAT app and is one of the reasons why I am unwilling to downgraded to OS4.6
    10-05-09 09:31 PM
    All versions are updated with the dimming today text. Enjoy.

I've got one more version I will try to work on for Friday (or Monday) and I think I'll call this one finished until OS5 forces a rewrite.
    10-06-09 09:01 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD