Definitely the best theme but I need a smaller font on it. It is possible?
    10-25-09 02:08 PM
    with shaded backdrop
    10-25-09 03:47 PM
    WITHOUT! Please! Imho the shading does not look good if you have a conflicting color in your background. Mine for instance is black and it doesn't contrast well. Plus its not like you can't read the hidden today are. Just select what u are reading and its clear. Plus for a theme who's purpose is to show off your wallpaper and be minimalistic theme, the shading goes against that. Can't wait for a fix! My favorite theme by far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Except, there are those of us who change wallpapers pretty constantly. I have a bunch of wallpapers that make my messages/today pretty difficult to read without a backdrop.

My vote is: with shaded
    10-25-09 04:03 PM
    I've uploaded a beta version of the theme that will work better on OS 5.0.0.314. It currently comes "WITHOUT" the shaded backdrop, but I'm still taking votes on that until next weekend, and will change it if needed.

There are a couple of different workarounds to fix the white background on the app screen with OS 5.0.0.314:

#1 Go to Options > Themes then click on Reverie (or any custom theme with the same problem). Next, go to the last option (which is Theme Defaults) and choose to reset only the wallpaper. After this, you can set your custom wallpaper. In this case, Reverie's default gray wallpaper should show on the app screen.

#2 Go to Options > Themes and switch to the Precision Zen theme, and then back to Reverie (or any custom theme with the same problem). In this case, the default wallpaper from the Precision Zen theme should show on the app screen.

Unfortunately, doing a device reset or battery pull will probably bring back the white background and require that you perform one of these fixes again.
    #3 Go to Options > Themes then click on Reverie (or any custom theme with the same problem). Next, switch the Layout from "Zen" to "Today". Save your changes and exit out of Options. Go back and change the Layout back to "Today", then save and exit out again. Your custom wallpaper should now show on the app screen.

(Thanks to R-Rizzo)
    10-25-09 04:44 PM
    Don't know if you want to go here or not: You could use the same file for both the shaded and the unshaded by swapping in and out the image used for the background. Just do another image that is the same size and completely transparent. No extra svg files or thm files. Just swap that one image out as you do your work.
    10-25-09 05:19 PM
    Don't know if you want to go here or not: You could use the same file for both the shaded and the unshaded by swapping in and out the image used for the background. Just do another image that is the same size and completely transparent. No extra svg files or thm files. Just swap that one image out as you do your work.
    This is similar to what I had been doing already... Performing this task on every update for every device became a little tedious for me, though. Getting the theme to a final version in terms of "happy mediums" and 5.0 compatibility is my primary goal at the moment. After that, I may consider adding more variants again.

When I turn the beta version in to the main release, I plan to archive (but just not maintain) all current variants.
    10-25-09 06:11 PM
    Great theme! Thanks
    10-25-09 09:16 PM
    Getting better and BETTER every day.
    Keep up the "much appreciated" great work!

I can only wonder what tomorrow holds for us, with your eye pleasing "Reverie " themes.
    p.s. Will be donating shortly to the cause ;-)
    10-26-09 01:55 PM
    Except, there are those of us who change wallpapers pretty constantly. I have a bunch of wallpapers that make my messages/today pretty difficult to read without a backdrop.

My vote is: with shaded
    The point I was making before is that even if you have a totally white background you can scroll to your (messages/sms/calendar) and scroll up to get a black banner behind the text making it readable no matter what color the background is. Hence, why my vote is WITHOUT
    10-26-09 02:22 PM
    The point I was making before is that even if you have a totally white background you can scroll to your (messages/sms/calendar) and scroll up to get a black banner behind the text making it readable no matter what color the background is. Hence, why my vote is WITHOUT
    Oh no, I know what you were saying. I still find it easier to just scroll over the calendar and be able to read the events. I try to do as little scrolling as possible
    10-27-09 02:09 AM
    Agreed. On these like that, I usually don't even both to scroll up to the first event and instead go into the calendar app since it is faster.

With the shading is much better.
    10-27-09 08:45 AM
    Any chance of getting a custom build if I make a donation? I'd like a version where a button for tasks or the browser replaces the calendar button as I don't use the calendar, and a grey background for the app screen instead of the wallpaper showing through.
    10-31-09 02:48 AM
    I'm going to close the shaded backdrop voting at 11PM EST tomorrow (Sunday).
    10-31-09 09:10 AM
    I'm going to close the shaded backdrop voting at 11PM EST tomorrow (Sunday).
    I wounldn't mind with or without as long as you can creat the theme works on os 5.0 pefect!
    I love your theme and I would love to donate when the final version comes out.

one suggestion though. The reverie theme is to show off the wallpaper,
    why didn't you make the bottom part (black and grey parts where icons, clock, battery, sinal etc are) transparent? it would look sick!

anyway, best themes among all themes nonetheless.
    10-31-09 02:18 PM
    Voting for shaded, and reposting this:

Any chance of getting a custom build if I make a donation? I'd like a version where a button for tasks or the browser replaces the calendar button as I don't use the calendar, and a grey background for the app screen instead of the wallpaper showing through.
    10-31-09 06:57 PM
    I prefer the shaded as I have trouble viewing with the lighter backgrounds I use. Thanks for all your work!!

10-31-09 09:05 PM
    Voting for shaded, and reposting this:
    If you have "Dial From Home Screen" turned off:
    'T' opens Tasks
    'B' opens Browser
    10-31-09 11:43 PM
    The shaded backdrop voting has concluded and the winner is...
    WITH shaded backdrop

I'll be making the appropriate changes and updating the first post soon.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 11-02-09 at 02:50 AM.
    11-01-09 11:27 PM
    This post serves as an archive for discontinued variants of Reverie HT. These variants are no longer being maintained.

A changelog for all variants (both current and discontinued) can be found at the bottom of this post.

OS 4.X-5.0 Compatible:

Reverie HT (COMBINED Email/SMS, WITHOUT shaded backdrop)
    Bold 9000 OS 4.X-5.0
    (Last Updated 10/25/09)
    WITH weather slot: OTA
    WITHOUT weather slot: OTA

Reverie HT (SEPARATED Email/SMS, WITHOUT shaded backdrop)
    Bold 9000 OS 4.X-5.0
    (Last Updated 10/25/09)
    WITH weather slot: OTA
    WITHOUT weather slot: OTA

Changelog:

*Updates 09/27/09 - 09/30/09* Swapped calender and message positions. Added shaded backdrop for hidden today. Added Separated Email/SMS version. Fixed message indicator overlap. Fixed calender text. Fixed lock screen.

*Updates 10/05/09 - 10/06/09* Moved clock icon on home and app screens. Added version without shaded backdrop for hidden today.

*Update 10/25/09* Added OS 4.X-5.0 beta.

*Update 11/02/09* Added shaded backdrop to OS 4.X-5.0 beta. Turned the OS 4.X-5.0 beta in to the official release. Archived older releases to this post.

*Update 11/24/09* Made spacebar open QuickLaunch.

*Update 12/28/09* Added transitions versions.

(The dates are in MM/DD/YY format.)
    Last edited by dagobah30; 12-28-09 at 12:53 PM.
    11-02-09 03:58 AM
    Please correct an option click bar in combined type.It seemed separated type at clicking.
    11-02-09 08:32 AM
    Please correct an option click bar in combined type.It seemed separated type at clicking.
    It's been corrected. Thanks for the heads up.
    11-02-09 09:51 AM
    Great theme! But there seems to be an issue with the calender log, the event still shows on the calender section even when it is deleted. A reboot is required to clear the deleted calender log.

11-02-09 06:10 PM
    Many "hidden today" bugs unfortunately cannot be fixed from the theme's end.
    11-02-09 06:40 PM
    Looks like the message delete panel has changed to use blue in the selection. It used to be a more theme related grey which I preferred.
    11-02-09 08:31 PM
    Many "hidden today" bugs unfortunately cannot be fixed from the theme's end.
    That's too bad. I didn't notice the calendar issue, but notice that the SMS messages don't clear after I've read the messages. I suspected that it would behave like to mail in which items go away. Note that I am using the Separate theme.

Thanks again for this theme. If it stays around for a few more days, I'll send a donation for your hard work.
    11-02-09 08:34 PM
222 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD