hey all, please go easy, this is my first ever post to crackberry...

i'm new to the blackberry world having dumped my win mobile fetishes and not allowing myself to stoop to the apple product...

dagobah30, mate, best theme i've come across through all my searches. simple, effective and it freakin works! i'm now spending my time finding the perfect wall to show it off.

thankyou!
    10-14-09 01:28 AM
    I wanted to ask this as a private message...but I don't have 10 posts...

I've been following your Reverie themes since you began posting them and I, like others here, am quite impressed. I've played around with the Plazmic theme creator as well, but never understood how to do the enhancements you've come up with. I'm wondering then, if you'd be willing to upload/share your original files for Plazmic instead of just the finished theme. I know this may seem a bit presumptuous, seeing how you clearly put a lot of time and effort into your themeing, but as a teaching tool and for those of us who keep asking for this or that enhancement change color etc...if we could play with the theme itself maybe we'd come up with some other impressive theme ideas. I don't want to step on toes, and don't want to impose either, just asking. Maybe a "big" donation could persuade you?
    I guess not then...thanks anyway. Still appreciating this theme, and trying my and at Composer...definitely a harder learning curve than I anticipated.
    10-14-09 06:22 AM
    what is the Shaded backdrop?
    10-15-09 02:52 AM
    what is the Shaded backdrop?
    It's an overlay, about 35-45% opacity that pops up behind the messages and the calendar entries when their scrolled to on the bottom bar.

I don't have 10 posts yet...so no images, but a pic is here...twitpic.com/ln89a
    10-15-09 02:51 PM
    Dagobah30, got your reply. Thanks, cant reply to you yet though so...

No problem at all, I can certainly understand that. I would ask you though if it's Composer you're using to get started, how did you figure it out? I'm handy with Photoshop, and actually build sites as a side job, but I can't quite get Composer. You have any tips for a beginner?
    10-15-09 03:23 PM
    Dagobah30, got your reply. Thanks, cant reply to you yet though so...

No problem at all, I can certainly understand that. I would ask you though if it's Composer you're using to get started, how did you figure it out? I'm handy with Photoshop, and actually build sites as a side job, but I can't quite get Composer. You have any tips for a beginner?
    To start, there is a section for theme developers on these forums, plus various guides and resources on the web. (Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have any links handy.) I'd recommend reading up on things a little and then actually experimenting with them a lot. Trial and error seem to go a long way. Good luck.
    10-15-09 03:50 PM
    It's an overlay, about 35-45% opacity that pops up behind the messages and the calendar entries when their scrolled to on the bottom bar.

I don't have 10 posts yet...so no images, but a pic is here...twitpic.com/ln89a
    Thanks This is now my main theme. One thing to make this perfect is to move the Quicklaunch icon to the left like the 1st version and maybe have an option to change the calendar and message icon to whatever we want.
    10-15-09 09:00 PM
    Damn sms icon isn't showing up on this theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 10:56 PM
    Great Theme! thank you!
    10-16-09 01:41 AM
    Damn sms icon isn't showing up on this theme.

Did ya download the appropriate theme?
    10-16-09 02:05 AM
    Do you have it split in the messenger app? (Either set to theme or override and have it split.)
    10-16-09 09:15 AM
    I looove this theme! It did make my bold a lil wacky tho.. I've been seeing the hourglass quite frequently and I wish I could download more than 1 to check it out without having it replace the current theme but I likey!
    Good job bro

10-16-09 09:16 AM
    Is there a theme like this available for the 8900?
    10-21-09 06:31 PM
    Is there a theme like this available for the 8900?
    He made one for the 8900:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/re...-theme-322260/
    10-21-09 08:45 PM
    I downloaded the Reverie HT Bold 9000 (SEPARATED Email/SMS, WITH shaded backdrop)

But when i scroll over the sms or email icons nothing shows up, and I've made sure they were separated. Any ideas?
    10-23-09 05:28 PM
    I downloaded the Reverie HT Bold 9000 (SEPARATED Email/SMS, WITH shaded backdrop)

But when i scroll over the sms or email icons nothing shows up, and I've made sure they were separated. Any ideas?

i get the same thing with the Tour version
    10-23-09 05:41 PM
    Only new, unread messages will show up in the hidden today area. Also, any messages received via threaded SMS will not show up in the hidden today area, due to an incompatibility between the two.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 10-23-09 at 06:14 PM.
    10-23-09 06:05 PM
    FYI: I have a lot of issues with this theme at 5.0.0.314. Wallpaper doesn't display correctly when in "All Applications" view. A lot of the dialogs are too big causing the letters to disappear.

Might not be a problem for anyone else, but I thought I'd mention it. It's certainly an OS issue as it worked well on the previous 5 leak.
    10-23-09 06:47 PM
    I can confirm that this theme does have issues with OS 5.0.0.314. I'll fix things as best as I can with the tools that are currently available and hopefully have an update within a few days.
    10-23-09 07:00 PM
    I've already started to do this with Reverie HT on other devices and, with the newest OS 5.0 leak, the time has come for me to do it with the Bold 9000 version.

As I move forward with this theme and update it for OS 5.0, I will, sadly, no longer be maintaining a myriad of different variants. This means that either the "WITH shaded backdrop" or "WITHOUT shaded backdrop" variants will be getting discontinued. However, I am not going to decide which by myself -- I'm letting the theme's user base decide instead.

Please vote in this thread on whether you'd like to see future versions of Reverie HT for the Bold 9000...

WITH Shaded Backdrop
    or
    WITHOUT Shaded Backdrop
    Last edited by dagobah30; 10-23-09 at 07:40 PM.
    10-23-09 07:09 PM
    WITHOUT Shaded Backdrop

... and thanks for all your hard work.
    10-23-09 07:39 PM
    Thanks and looking forward to the update for V5. I vote for WITH the shaded backdrop.
    10-23-09 07:45 PM
    I've uploaded a beta version of the theme that will work better on OS 5.0.0.314. It currently comes "WITHOUT" the shaded backdrop, but I'm still taking votes on that until next weekend, and will change it if needed.

There are a couple of different workarounds to fix the white background on the app screen with OS 5.0.0.314:

#1 Go to Options > Themes then click on Reverie (or any custom theme with the same problem). Next, go to the last option (which is Theme Defaults) and choose to reset only the wallpaper. After this, you can set your custom wallpaper. In this case, Reverie's default gray wallpaper should show on the app screen.

#2 Go to Options > Themes and switch to the Precision Zen theme, and then back to Reverie (or any custom theme with the same problem). In this case, the default wallpaper from the Precision Zen theme should show on the app screen.

Unfortunately, doing a device reset or battery pull will probably bring back the white background and require that you perform one of these fixes again.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 10-25-09 at 12:46 AM.
    10-24-09 11:52 PM
    I'm finally to 10 posts!! Sorry...

WITH Shaded Backdrop, please.

Glad to here you're updating for .314. It was looking crazy on the bold...

Thanks for your shared efforts!
    10-25-09 06:18 AM
    WITHOUT! Please! Imho the shading does not look good if you have a conflicting color in your background. Mine for instance is black and it doesn't contrast well. Plus its not like you can't read the hidden today are. Just select what u are reading and its clear. Plus for a theme who's purpose is to show off your wallpaper and be minimalistic theme, the shading goes against that. Can't wait for a fix! My favorite theme by far!

10-25-09 12:39 PM
222 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD