Alright, before I get spat or cursed. This message is actually my point of view and reality.
    The work from all the theme creators and developers are outstanding and awesome, however, I live in the real world and just like the BB applications they can become quite a monthly expense.

Somehow, every paid application that I've purchased blows bananas... supposedly they have great ratings - I think the IT/Software developers give themselves a pat on the back.

Who here thinks that the themes/apps are expensive?

Once again, there's no harm intended on the theme creators.

Cheers everyone
    07-31-09 08:35 AM
    Have you checked out the large selection of FREE themes in this section?
    07-31-09 08:52 AM
    Simple solution. Only use free apps and themes but quality will usually be 'you get what you did not pay for'. As redzapper said there are a ton of free themes that have the quality of a premium theme. I. E. Tito over at PMP makes top notch themes and all free.
    Edit: I just paid a mere $0.99 for a top notch theme by elycruz.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by andyahs; 07-31-09 at 10:50 AM.
    07-31-09 10:41 AM
    yeah im a free app/theme kind of guy and ther are great themes out on here and pmb for free..those guys who make the themes do a superb job taking the time out to create a theme and then give it awayfree..there are a few good free apps here and there i have a couple but i bought quick launch or whatever that app is - prob the best app out imo i dont have to leave my homescreen for ANYTHING..any folder/app/website/document/contact/sms/mms is one or two clicks away
    07-31-09 10:53 AM
    it would be cool if some of the more 'premium' apps offer some sort of 3-day demo before you buy... I'm not one to buy too many applications simply because I dont have the need. Take the QuickLaunch program for example. Sounds like a great theme that helps organize access to programs/icons, etc. I'm not sure if I'd get much use out of it, but am really interested in trying it. Will I spend $4.99 to buy it on the off chance I wont like/use/need it? Probably not. But, if i had a chance to demo it that would be really cool..

As others have mentioned above, there are a gazzillion Free themes/apps out there just waiting for all of us to try...
    07-31-09 11:34 AM
    Research the apps through the forums, if theres something out there that definately isn't worth the money I'm sure someone has written about it.
    07-31-09 11:46 AM
    I agree with the Free App mindset. Its like paying for ringtones, why would you?
    07-31-09 12:00 PM
    Most BB apps do have a free trial. I'm frustrated that we have no mechanism to do the same thing with themes. I've installed a lot of themes that look great in the screen-shots but just didn't work for me. I would be nice to test out themes prior to purchasing.
    07-31-09 01:23 PM
    I personally never gave it much thought. If I don't have the money to spend on apps then I don't buy any. If I do have the money and I see an app that I like/want/need then I get it.
    Everyone is different and has different needs. Its all relative to the user.
    So if you feel an app is too pricey .... Don't buy it.
    It is true that there are a lot if good free apps and themes. Personally, I never mind spending .99 - 2.99 for an ETheme!

07-31-09 02:09 PM
    I also wish that there was a way to demo themes. I try to look at videos before buying if they have them.
    Especially since there is no trial on themes.

Some developers I just buy there stuff because I know its good and can get good service if needed. Like elycruz. His themes are top notch and a bargain.

I have a tough time with some of the $7 themes.

Most apps have trials and I always take the trial before buying. Lately I have been taking a minimalist approach and keeping just what I really use as extra programs.
    - quicklaunch
    - forward with edit
    - youmail
    - beyond411
    - tetherberry
    - weatherbug
    - pocketday
    - pocket informant

I own about a dozen more programs, but don't need them.

07-31-09 06:19 PM
    Hmmm. so quicklaunch offers a demo program???
    07-31-09 07:33 PM
    I did not mean to p**s people off. I was just expressing the fact, like others have said, that there should be a demo time limit - not 3 days!!! by that time your meeting hasn't even happened. I certainly don't mind paying for things that I know are going to function the way they are being sold as.
    07-31-09 08:36 PM
    I was just using the 3 days as an example... my point was there should be a set time limit.. just how you'd program that in...
    07-31-09 09:03 PM
    Yeah a lot of the high end apps will have a trial period and as far as themes go well its always going to be hit or miss. Since there's no way to incorporate every single feature that each individual prefers that being said find a developer u like or a style and stick with it. There's a bazillion free themes out there and some are quite good. I'm not pluggin another site here but a developer bkbram makes some ridiculous stuff for free doesn't even accept donations. Look around read the forums b4 spending ur money... The truth is out there! Lol

07-31-09 09:43 PM
    honestly, this is the same kinda crap that went on in the 8900 theme section, this section doesn't need it either. if you don't like the price of a theme or an app, don't buy it and you'll be just fine.

and this is totally the wrong forum for complaining, try the off topic board
    Last edited by ninja please; 08-01-09 at 03:59 AM.
    08-01-09 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD