check out berryfication editor rezn's review of SLATE here!
    bbt's SLATE by bbt Designs | Berryfication Theme of the Week!

I've been working on this theme for quite a while, tweaking it until i felt it was absolutely finished.

And finally I got time to finish my newest theme, SLATE!

It's got some pretty unique features I think youll enjoy, and was entirely handcoded, so even with all the moving elements (like the today area) and icons on the homescreen, SLATE runs incredibly smooth.
    some unique features:
    8 icon sliding, hideable dock + 1 slot for weather next to the clock
    15 today item previews on homescreen (swipe between calendar, messages and sms)
    customizable and wallpaper friendly
    hide weather slot, dock, today area via shortcut keys
    options panel that allows you to customize or hide banners (see navigation preview below)
    available with os6 icons or custom icons (see screens)
    no transitions
    handcoded svg for optimal performance, no lag, just smooth
    So here is SLATE!

There are 8 shortcuts on the homescreen (use the caps key for letters):
    • N = BBM
    • M = Messages
    • $ = SMS/MMS
    • L = Profiles
    • @ = Connections
    • Spacebar = Slot 10 in application list
    • K = Calendar
    • O = Options

And homescreen feature shortcuts

• * shows dock, # hides it
    • Z shows weather icon, X hides it
    • + shows options panel, # or * hides it
    • G shows today area, H hides it (Calendar<-SWIPE->Messages<-SWIPE->SMS/MMS)

And SLATE comes in multiple versions, to fit your needs!

• Blacked out with original icons
    • Normal with original icons
    • Blacked out with OS6 icons
    • Normal with OS6 icons

Links are up!

let me know what you think!
    And feel free to post screenshots!

Enjoy!
    bbt

**please do a battery pull after installing a new theme!**
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 10-07-10 at 05:20 PM.
    09-23-10 03:25 AM
    Looking great on my BB 9000 with OS 4.6

One bug found: The left scrolling dock 'hooks' sometimes on the top icon. (top icon doesn't show up after you scrolled to the bottom and back). When you select an icon it openes the app above the seceted icon.
    09-23-10 08:33 AM
    Looking great on my BB 9000 with OS 4.6

One bug found: The left scrolling dock 'hooks' sometimes on the top icon. (top icon doesn't show up after you scrolled to the bottom and back). When you select an icon it openes the app above the seceted icon.
    hey watikjebrom,

could you email me ([email protected]) a screenshot possibly of what is happening? not sure i understand, also please let me know in the email how to recreate the issue so i can check it out!

glad youre liking the theme
    thanks!

bbt
    09-23-10 01:57 PM
    Love this theeeeeme
    09-23-10 11:48 PM
    Theme has got a giant problem: a battery leek. Left my BB last night with 95 procent, when I woke up there was only 19 procent left.
    Please fix this!!!!! Now I can't use the theme ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 12:37 AM
    Love this theeeeeme
    thanks gbonzzzz!!

Theme has got a giant problem: a battery leek. Left my BB last night with 95 procent, when I woke up there was only 19 procent left.
    Please fix this!!!!! Now I can't use the theme ...
    how do you know this is a problem with the theme? please try a battery pull after installing the theme. i have had no memory issues nor heard of any. there shouldnt be any reason for a leak, the file size is small and the svg handcoded for streamlined performance. i took time to make sure there wouldnt be any reason for a memory leak. please try the battery pull.

Thanks. This is really great
    thanks brandon! glad to hear youre enjoying the theme!

bbt
    09-24-10 02:47 PM
    how do you know this is a problem with the theme? please try a battery pull after installing the theme. i have had no memory issues nor heard of any. there shouldnt be any reason for a leak, the file size is small and the svg handcoded for streamlined performance. i took time to make sure there wouldnt be any reason for a memory leak. please try the battery pull.bbt
    It isn't a memory leak, it is a battery leak. It drains the battery overnight. Normally I lose about 5% during a night, but after using this theme I lost 75% of my battery, had to charge it right away.

And yes, I did a battery pull

EDIT: did another batterry pull and problem seems to be solved.

However, the scrolling problem still occurs. What do I do: I scroll the side dock to the last icon (8th icon) and when i scroll up the first icon this is missing. The 2nd icon is now on top. When I select this icon it opens the app below. Very strange. I found out how to get the top icon back: scroll to the 6th icon and back to top, the first will appear again ...
    Last edited by Watikjebrom; 09-25-10 at 07:28 AM.
    09-24-10 03:07 PM
    Unless a theme is animated, which this one is not, I do not see how it is possible for a theme to cause battery drain.
    09-25-10 03:10 PM
    Unless a theme is animated, which this one is not, I do not see how it is possible for a theme to cause battery drain.
    See my edited post ...
    09-25-10 03:12 PM
    Nice theme! Here are some screenshots.

I think this wallpaper looks better with the red tint.
    09-25-10 03:14 PM
    @BlackberryTourer: can you post the wallpaper used for the iconscreen. It is very nice and clean black wallpaper
    09-25-10 03:46 PM
    EDIT: did another batterry pull and problem seems to be solved.

However, the scrolling problem still occurs. What do I do: I scroll the side dock to the last icon (8th icon) and when i scroll up the first icon this is missing. The 2nd icon is now on top. When I select this icon it opens the app below. Very strange. I found out how to get the top icon back: scroll to the 6th icon and back to top, the first will appear again ...
    not sure ive ever heard of a battery leak caused by a theme, but that should not happen without a memory drop (memory use is usually what causes a battery to "leak"). but glad to hear the battery pull fixed it, usually it does fix those strange performance things.

still not sure i understand what is happening on the dock for you, it sounds like youre describing the sliding function of the dock (when you move to 6/7/8 the dock will move to show them, and hide 1/2/3 respectively) is this not what youre experiencing? if not, please send a screen to [email protected], so i can see what youre seeing

thanks!

Nice theme! Here are some screenshots.
    I think this wallpaper looks better with the red tint.
    thanks for posting those walls, they look great! good clean layout youve got there, and a striking wall! also how did you get the weather badge to sit in the center of the top of the icon? if its beweather i thought you could only put it top left or top right?

@BlackberryTourer: can you post the wallpaper used for the iconscreen. It is very nice and clean black wallpaper
    check attached!

thanks for the feedback everyone, really appreciate hearing youre enjoying the theme

regards,

bbt
    09-26-10 05:25 AM
    Is there a way to increase the font size in the black version? Calender appears to be the only one that carries over the larger font, every thing else appears to default at 7 or 8.
    09-26-10 09:34 PM
    I'm using the paid version of BerryWeather. I selected the option shown here.
    Here are some more screenshots.

09-26-10 09:53 PM
    Is there a way to increase the font size in the black version? Calender appears to be the only one that carries over the larger font, every thing else appears to default at 7 or 8.
    for black versions its not possible, theme builder just doesnt allow customizable font sizes once you change to support black backgrounds. the regular versions to support font customization though. i can do a custom version for a small fee if youd like, i can change other things than just font size once i'm doing it.

just let me know via email ([email protected]). also, if you want to swap to regular version instead of black i will swap that for you, just send me your order number!

I'm using the paid version of BerryWeather. I selected the option shown here.
    ah, gotcha, for some reason i didnt see that before, so thanks man! also those shots are amazing

thanks for the feedback guys!

bbt
    09-27-10 06:34 PM
    hey everyone!

just thought I'd let you know that Slate is going to be on sale for 3.99 through to next week!

enjoy!

bbt
    10-07-10 04:55 PM
    Man I thought it would take a great theme to knock metro of my screen and I was right!!
    Great effort on this 1!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 10:48 AM
    Man I thought it would take a great theme to knock metro of my screen and I was right!!
    Great effort on this 1!!
    thanks daz! i loved metro as well but i've been switching between metro and slate depending on my mood and i love the options!

glad to hear youre enjoying it

thanks again,
    Bbt
    10-31-10 08:41 PM
    Letting everyone know Metro and Slate are on SALE with the release of TINT till the end of the year!

Happy Holidays!

Best,

Bbt
    12-11-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD