View Poll Results: Would you like to see a NON hidden today version?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
    Blackberrytourer, I'm having trouble taking screenshots of the font size issues! I tried convenience keying CaptureIt to the left/right button on the berry, but whenever I click it, it always exits the Manage Connections window.
    07-16-10 01:01 AM
    try doing a fast combination.. press the capture it and immediately after activate the manage connections

then if you could please send it to [email protected]

also, price is lowered to 3.99!

thanks!
    bbt
    07-16-10 01:14 AM
    Just sent you an email, thanks man
    07-16-10 02:07 AM
    hey upsky

i cant replicate this, is it still happening for you?

Unfortunately But if it isn't a glitch, maybe it's just my bb. I've noticed that some themes don't work the same for me. For example theme hotkeys never work so if it's a press key to show dock theme I won't be able get the dock up. It's plenty annoying.

Sorry, I didn't mean discuss my woes lol. Thanks for checking it for me anyway!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 03:12 AM
    @upsky
    no problem man! sorry you are experiencing those issues, i wish i could help you out

to all,

have a question for upcoming update

i can fix the font visibility issues with Metro Black by changing main font color to grey, see the screen below:

what do you think?
    please let me know soon, if i dont hear anything i will probably not change it (meaning the invisible text in third party apps with metro black will remain invisible)
    07-22-10 09:06 PM
    I'd like the color change. As you can see, I use the BerryBlab app, which is useless to me with the current version of this theme. I would be able to use your theme and all of my 3rd party apps, including BerryBlab, with the revised theme. As it is now, I cannot use the Metro Black theme.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-22-10 09:14 PM
    I'd like the color change. As you can see, I use the BerryBlab app, which is useless to me with the current version of this theme. I would be able to use your theme and all of my 3rd party apps, including BerryBlab, with the revised theme. As it is now, I cannot use the Metro Black theme.

v2.0 should fix all those issues!

and its released! check first post for some of the improvements/changes

i recoded the svg by hand, removing thousands of lines of code, and even redid some of the theme builder files (for 95xx/89xx/96xx/97xx), so this version is faster and more stable than ever!

enjoy!
    Bbt
    07-28-10 03:59 AM
    Nice update! This update fixes the problem seeing text on some 3rd party apps (and browser history) in the Metro Black version.
    Metro is my favorite theme and the updates are really appreciated. Other developers should follow BBT's way of conducting business with updates that address all of the user's comments!

07-28-10 06:43 AM
    Now I can see what I type in BerryBlab.

I forgot where to put the weather app though. What slot does it go in?

07-28-10 07:39 AM
    Now I can see what I type in BerryBlab.

I forgot where to put the weather app though. What slot does it go in?

Weather goes in slot 1. Z (caps) shows it; X (caps) hides it.

07-28-10 09:25 AM
    Weather goes in slot 1. Z (caps) shows it; X (caps) hides it.

Thanks!

I didn't remember. Since I have a 9000, which doesn't have a lot of app memory, but I like different themes, I usually only have the theme I'm currently using installed. I'll delete themes and then put them back when I want to use them again.
    07-28-10 09:28 AM
    I currently found a bug with the new update. When I bring up the today, it scrolls fine left and right, but after a couple times switching between the views, I'm stuck at sms and mms unable to switch back to calendar. I would then have to hit uppercase t be able to switch views again.

I'm using the metro white.

Last edited by janx; 07-28-10 at 04:07 PM.
    07-28-10 03:54 PM
    I currently found a bug with the new update. When I bring up the today, it scrolls fine left and right, but after a couple times switching between the views, I'm stuck at sms and mms unable to switch back to calendar. I would then have to hit uppercase t be able to switch views again.

I'm using the metro white.

I have no problem at all with the today views back and forth between calendar and SMS. Did you do a battery pull after installing the theme?

07-28-10 05:11 PM
    I've just done the alt shift del to reboot but I will give that a shot. Also I noticed that the black version today area has a black backdrop as well. I don't have one on mine either but will update after I do a battery pull.

Edit: after battery pull, the bug is still there. However the backdrop is only there if you use the one for the dock as well. thought they would be separate entities but I guess they are linked.

Last edited by janx; 07-28-10 at 05:32 PM.
    07-28-10 05:19 PM
    Am I correct in understanding that on the Bold 9000 THERE IS NO TODAY FUNCTION FOR EMAIL MESSAGES - only for SMS/MMS and Calendar?
    07-28-10 06:12 PM
    you are correct.

Is it possible to get a version that shows calendar and messages? I receive a lot more emails than I do with txt.
    Last edited by janx; 07-30-10 at 09:20 AM.
    07-29-10 08:40 AM
    you are correct.

Is it possible to get a version that shows calendar and messages? I receive a lot more emails than I do with txt.
    i most likely wont be adding messages to keep file size down/svg simplicity, and wont be replacing sms for messages because most users seem to prefer SMS (since messages only show when unread)

however, i can do a custom version for you for a small fee, email me at [email protected] and we can talk about it in more detail

thanks!
    bbt
    07-30-10 01:28 PM
    Good update.
    08-01-10 10:59 AM
    Good update.
    thanks man!
    08-05-10 12:25 AM
    love this theme, need a cheat sheet to remember how to hide and get stuff back lol
    08-06-10 06:51 PM
    love this theme, need a cheat sheet to remember how to hide and get stuff back lol
    haha, but you get the hang of it pretty quick!

i will try to continue using the same buttons in future themes, so hopefully it will be easy to remember!

glad youre enjoying the theme

thanks

bbt
    08-18-10 01:23 PM
    On the page in the App Store, you state, "**In BBM, change layout to Standard (not bubbles or stripes) to change the background to black".

The latest BBM has No Borders, Bubbles, and Stripes as the Chat Style options. Which should be used?
    08-23-10 01:26 PM
    On the page in the App Store, you state, "**In BBM, change layout to Standard (not bubbles or stripes) to change the background to black".

The latest BBM has No Borders, Bubbles, and Stripes as the Chat Style options. Which should be used?
    thats a good question, i would just try them all (i am guessing its no borders) until it turns black. i wasnt aware there was a newer version of bbm, mine hasnt told me to update.

hope that helps! let me know

also, to everyone, letting you know the price will be dropped for a while to 2.99

enjoy!

bbt
    08-29-10 01:16 PM
    I'll check out the different BBM options. The latest BBM is 5.0.1.38.

08-29-10 08:21 PM
    Hey everyone, for a limited time during the release of my new theme SLATE, Metro will be selling for 99 cents!

find slate here bbt's SLATE | fast and functional - Themes BlackBerry Apps

Enjoy!

bbt
    09-23-10 03:36 AM
143 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD