View Poll Results: Would you like to see a NON hidden today version?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
    oh! one other small thing that hopefully it not my own personal issue lol. the alarm clock notification icon is located right behind the clock on the main screen, so they are overlapping. can that be fixed? it's not a huge deal breaker, but it is a little odd and for people more OCD than me, i am sure you will hear about it more and plus, i am going to guess that that is not how you meant it to look!

thanks
    06-13-10 06:19 PM
    sounds good, i'll keep a lookout! and bbt, just to be clear, here is when it happens:

1) if options are set to "Display Message Header on 1 Line", everything gets cutoff, so you only see about half the line (from top to bottom)
    2) if options are set to "Display Message Header on 2 Lines", only emails get cutoff, not SMS. Even the date header is cutoff.

thanks!
    Have you adjusted your font size to see if that helps?
    06-13-10 06:53 PM
    oh! one other small thing that hopefully it not my own personal issue lol. the alarm clock notification icon is located right behind the clock on the main screen, so they are overlapping. can that be fixed? it's not a huge deal breaker, but it is a little odd and for people more OCD than me, i am sure you will hear about it more and plus, i am going to guess that that is not how you meant it to look!

thanks
    only if you are using 24 hour clock

switch to 12 hour clock.. this will fix your issue

bbt
    06-13-10 07:44 PM
    Good job man..
    I really like ur theme..
    06-14-10 04:49 AM
    Using white theme due to tweek. It's not a white screen theme like I expected. Just white background in message page, etc. Love it! Great icons, etc. Wierd quirk with first icon. Doesn't show on home page, but if I hide dock and click, it opens that program, so put weather in that spot. Perfect!!

Only suggestion to make text smaller, but not in general, just on some pop ups. Otherwise love it!!
    06-14-10 11:26 AM
    Using white theme due to tweek. It's not a white screen theme like I expected. Just white background in message page, etc. Love it! Great icons, etc. Wierd quirk with first icon. Doesn't show on home page, but if I hide dock and click, it opens that program, so put weather in that spot. Perfect!!

Only suggestion to make text smaller, but not in general, just on some pop ups. Otherwise love it!!
    If you press * it will show weather or first icon on home screen, escape will exit.
    06-14-10 12:03 PM
    If you press * it will show weather or first icon on home screen, escape will exit.
    Thx Andy.. Don't know why I didn't notice that. Prob same reason I didn't read the advance warning about the black version. Good thing BBT's on the ball and very supportive.
    06-14-10 04:18 PM
    REALLY looking forward to Metro's release for OS 4.6... like an ***** I bought before I finished reading.
    06-14-10 04:24 PM
    REALLY looking forward to Metro's release for OS 4.6... like an ***** I bought before I finished reading.
    oh!

sorry you did that

if you want i will issue a refund until the 4.6 is out, and then you can repurchase at your leisure

4.6 will be out next week
    bbt
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 06-14-10 at 06:39 PM.
    06-14-10 04:33 PM
    Not your fault, that'll teach me...
    06-14-10 04:55 PM
    guys IMPORTANT FOR NEXT VERSION READ BELOW!!

**will also most likely be adding os4.6 for 9000**

alright, lots of additions and tweaks coming in next version next week, including adding status text -app icon names on homescreen (not on every icon, in one location if you remember my Zuneberry HD preview thread itll look like that) - with the ability to hide or show, improving font size for black versions, adding underlay to icons/clock on homescreen to support lighter wallpapers and more!

also i will be adding hide/show dock via shortcuts (not sure which ones yet) and changing it so that when you scroll down from icon1 it doesnt hide the dock, but scrolling down from 2-5and clock will hide dock (to improve navigation so when coming down from profiles/weather slot you dont accidentally hide the dock)

and i will be combining non hidden and hidden today versions, for simplicity (i dont want 100s of versions on mobihand!)

SO, here is the question:

would you rather

A. have calendar items appear/hide via shortcuts S/Z (uppercase) and messages appear/hide via shortcuts A/Q (uppercase) and also have the hidden today functionality (people who dont like hidden today would not have calendar or messages icon on homescreen to avoid that function - and can activate calendar via O (uppercase) and messages via M (uppercase)

B. Not change anything

A. would allow hidden today lovers to still use hidden today, and non hidden today lovers to avoid that function by using hotkeys... this would also allow you to access cal/mes previews while the dock is hidden

B. would leave just hidden today, not add any shortcuts for showing/hiding cal/mes

PLEASE
    think about this! i want to provide you guys with the best option to please the majority or users, and this is the best solution i think there is to avoid having 100s of versions on mobihand (it will also provide the user with more choices within one theme version)

let me know before the weekend, as i am going to start working on them friday so the updates will be ready next week!
    bbt
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 06-15-10 at 06:29 PM.
    06-15-10 01:35 PM
    I say keep the hidden today as is and make a separate non-hidden today if you have enough people who want that. You have a lot of choices now in the hidden today version that if you make a non-hidden today only make one version (i.e. Black) or buyers will get confused when trying to purchase. Just my opinion but hope others will chime in.
    06-15-10 04:05 PM
    I say keep the hidden today as is and make a separate non-hidden today if you have enough people who want that. You have a lot of choices now in the hidden today version that if you make a non-hidden today only make one version (i.e. Black) or buyers will get confused when trying to purchase. Just my opinion but hope others will chime in.
    I agree with Andy & vote B. If I expect a hidden today and have to remember all the key combinations to get it to work (once I forget them and don't remember that there are special keys), I can see it becoming incredibly frustrating for users who want to use the theme as it is (if you add extra key stroke requirements just to make it work like it is now).
    06-15-10 09:42 PM
    Bump this for more opinions!!
    06-16-10 06:34 AM
    I agree with Andy & vote B. If I expect a hidden today and have to remember all the key combinations to get it to work (once I forget them and don't remember that there are special keys), I can see it becoming incredibly frustrating for users who want to use the theme as it is (if you add extra key stroke requirements just to make it work like it is now).
    I agree. Remembering key combinations would be difficult, especially since I use quite a few themes and change them often. I would be less inclined to purchase a theme that required me to memorize a bunch of key combinations, since I might use one theme for one week and then switch and not go back to it for another month. When I do go back to it, I don't want to relearn a bunch of key combinations. I just want to use it again.
    06-16-10 08:50 AM
    I agree. Remembering key combinations would be difficult, especially since I use quite a few themes and change them often. I would be less inclined to purchase a theme that required me to memorize a bunch of key combinations, since I might use one theme for one week and then switch and not go back to it for another month. When I do go back to it, I don't want to relearn a bunch of key combinations. I just want to use it again.
    Very well put. That's exactly the way I use themes. Buy new ones often, work them into the cycle. Change often more than once a day (even more often if I'm trying to figure out if a theme has a memory leak problem), etc. Then every once in a while, I go back to my Mobihand account and re-download one that I haven't used for a bit.

I know there are people who just use the precision zen theme and nothing else. Since they only run one theme, it's easier for them to remember such codes, or if every theme designer used the same codes universally, it might work for everyone.
    06-16-10 08:06 PM
    I've seen a fading dock in only ONE other theme theme looks sick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 01:17 AM
    LOL, sorry...
    06-17-10 08:31 AM
    LOL, sorry...
    Just upgrade to 5.0 and don't worry about 4.6.
    You won't be sorry!
    06-17-10 11:30 AM
    I tried and my Bold wouldn't accept the upgrade.
    06-17-10 03:20 PM
    I tried and my Bold wouldn't accept the upgrade.
    I don't want to "hijack" this thread but did you read the following threads:

(The first post in this thread is very clear and easy to follow):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...mobile-471197/

And here is another thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/i-c...y-bold-483625/
    06-17-10 04:26 PM
    I appreciate the counsel but I just can't get 5.0 to install from my PC to my 9000. As badly as I'd like it I guess I'll just wait out the 4.6 version of this theme... looking forward to it!
    06-19-10 08:12 AM
    to all who didnt want the today items to change, i did not change them! simplicity is key

I've seen a fading dock in only ONE other theme theme looks sick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    glad you like it! i love that animation as well

I appreciate the counsel but I just can't get 5.0 to install from my PC to my 9000. As badly as I'd like it I guess I'll just wait out the 4.6 version of this theme... looking forward to it!
    wait no longer!

v1.2 is released
    06-23-10 06:37 AM
    Update is welcome but you have confused this theme to the point I have removed it from my phone. Dial from homescreen or not the weather slot cannot be added because A is used by default for address book or phone or Lock Screen if held down. Too many options for backgrounds app names etc.
    You have made a great theme but too many issues make it easier to use other themes - sorry!
    06-23-10 07:34 AM
    Update is welcome but you have confused this theme to the point I have removed it from my phone. Dial from homescreen or not the weather slot cannot be added because A is used by default for address book or phone or Lock Screen if held down. Too many options for backgrounds app names etc.
    You have made a great theme but too many issues make it easier to use other themes - sorry!
    Andy, weather slot is (CAPS) A. It works great whether you have dial from homescreen or not. It just temporarily brings up your address book if you have shortcuts enabled on your homescreen. You just set it one time if you want weather with A (in caps).
    06-23-10 07:38 AM
143 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD