View Poll Results: Would you like to see a NON hidden today version?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
    I can't see what I type when I use BerryBlab.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Last edited by lak611; 06-12-10 at 02:47 PM.
    06-12-10 01:35 PM
    Metro Black is not BerryBlab friendly, but I can see what I type using BerryBlab when I use Metro White.

06-12-10 03:04 PM
    As you can see Browser problem is not an issue in the White version:

06-12-10 04:15 PM

The reason that the developer bundled both colors is just for this reason. When this theme was tested (in the black version) the bookmarks were the only little glitch, but everything is visible when you scroll over them. (I didn't think it was a big deal.)
    I don't use BerryBlab (so he didn't know about that problem) and I do not believe that there are any other issues with the black version. I've used both color versions and I prefer the black one. In fact I deleted the white version just to free up memory.
    06-12-10 04:37 PM
    The reason that the developer bundled both colors is just for this reason. When this theme was tested (in the black version) the bookmarks were the only little glitch, but everything is visible when you scroll over them. (I didn't think it was a big deal.)
    I don't use BerryBlab (so he didn't know about that problem) and I do not believe that there are any other issues with the black version. I've used both color versions and I prefer the black one. In fact I deleted the white version just to free up memory.
    The white one is fine but if he can find a fix it would be good though. I am liking the white one too!!
    06-12-10 04:40 PM
    bbt,

that city wallpaper that you have as a sample image is beautiful! if there any way you can somehow send me a link or something of that wallpaper? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
    no problem, i will send that to myself and then upload it when i get a chance!

Just purchased the black version and have a question. When I go to my browser the letters in the bookmarks are white, and cannot see them unless I scroll over them, is this normal?
    Also would u be able to make a small font version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yep, this is why I wrote out the description (some text will not be visible. it is a themeing limitation with changing the background to black.. that is why i am bundling the white version along with it)

[QUOTE=andyahs;5230940]Noticed that to candy:

Also the today area for the bold is so small, can barley read the message previews. Could u make it bigger? Sorry I'm a PITA

can you send a screenshot of what you mean it is small?

i had tellsells test and we seemed to like the today area text size

Metro Black is not BerryBlab friendly, but I can see what I type using BerryBlab when I use Metro White.

yeah unfortunately some third party apps will have this issue, thats why i bundled

yup, only in black version, as written in the description on mobihand

The white one is fine but if he can find a fix it would be good though. I am liking the white one too!!
    there is nothing i can do about the black version unfortunately.. it is a themeing limitation. this is what it says in the description.

trust me i would have fixed it if i could!!

Anyone who purchased one version of the theme and missed the bundle option and would like the opposite background color of their version, PLEASE PM me your order number!
    06-12-10 05:19 PM
    Hi howcome my screen is still white on text messages ? I have the black one installed.

06-12-10 05:53 PM
    i wish you would have stated this "glitch" before you posted the purchasing links.

Now that I already puchased the black one what are my options? Repurchasing the white one at Full price...just because the black one has glitches that were NOT mentioned earlier...
    this seems a little off
    06-12-10 06:10 PM
    Hi howcome my screen is still white on text messages ? I have the black one installed.

yeah, this is a limitation in themeing. unable to change the background for sms for black backgrounds. thats why i made the text color grey to still be visible in both (see previews in first post)

if you want you can use CrunchSMS, a free sms client that allows you to customize (easily do black bg with white text)

i wish you would have stated this "glitch" before you posted the purchasing links.

Now that I already puchased the black one what are my options? Repurchasing the white one at Full price...just because the black one has glitches that were NOT mentioned earlier...
    this seems a little off
    i DID state this clearly in the description on mobihand. Here is what it says direct from the product page (direct quote):
    ****READ THIS - KNOWN UNAVOIDABLE ISSUE****
    There is a themeing limitation with setting backgrounds to black.

It is uncommon, and you most likely will not encounter it, but some font will be unreadable in some third party apps, as it will be black text on black background. This is unavoidable and a themeing limitation.

Text for history/bookmarks for blackberry web browser's homepage is invisible until highlighted, or until you actually go in to access all history or bookmarks. There is nothing I can do about this.

Because of this, I have bundled my black and white versions of this theme, so I recommend you also download a white version of this theme (see Add Bundle above) just in case one of your third party apps has this issue.

To reiterate, FOR THE PRICE OF ONE VERSION, YOU CAN BUNDLE A WHITE AND A BLACK VERSION!! (see Add Bundle above)!
    i asked everyone to read but i suppose it is inevitable some people will miss this

please dont accuse me of not giving fair warning as it is clearly posted in the theme's product description!

i am offering coupons to those who misread, or missed the bundle option, just send me your order number like i stated in the above post

if you want a refund, i will give you one

PLEASE read everything i write, there is a reason i write it up!
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 06-12-10 at 06:58 PM.
    06-12-10 06:39 PM
    here is the tour wallpaper i used in the screenshot:

it does go well with this theme i must say
    enjoy!
    06-12-10 07:24 PM
    Thanks for posting the wallpaper. I like it.
    06-12-10 07:42 PM
    06-12-10 08:08 PM
    if i want to get the WHITE BLUE or DARK BLUE version, do i just buy the BLUE or does it come with the bundle package?
    06-13-10 04:59 AM
    yeah, this is a limitation in themeing. unable to change the background for sms for black backgrounds. thats why i made the text color grey to still be visible in both (see previews in first post)

if you want you can use CrunchSMS, a free sms client that allows you to customize (easily do black bg with white text)

i DID state this clearly in the description on mobihand. Here is what it says direct from the product page (direct quote):

i asked everyone to read but i suppose it is inevitable some people will miss this

please dont accuse me of not giving fair warning as it is clearly posted in the theme's product description!

i am offering coupons to those who misread, or missed the bundle option, just send me your order number like i stated in the above post

if you want a refund, i will give you one

PLEASE read everything i write, there is a reason i write it up!
    I started my post a while back, left and came back to finnish it at a later time. So my apologies about not reading your post to its entirety. However I wish you would have clearly stated this on the crackberry add post not just on mobihand. As I have read others comments now I am not the only one who "missed" this and maybe the wording was a little unclear. Regardless I'm glad you are bundling, I didn't know what that meant either, till I asked someone. I am looking forward to trying your white version.

06-13-10 05:49 AM
    if i want to get the WHITE BLUE or DARK BLUE version, do i just buy the BLUE or does it come with the bundle package?
    When you click the link to Mobihand you have the option below whatever version you selected here to buy the bundle, just add that to your cart and not the individual theme.

Last edited by andyahs; 06-13-10 at 07:37 AM.
    06-13-10 07:35 AM
    When you click the link to Mobihand you have the option below whatever version you selected here to buy the bundle, just add that to your cart and not the individual theme.

As Andy says, there is a "bundle" on the Mobihand link on the first post on this thread. But there is no bundle in the CB store. So if anyone purchased one version and wants the other just PM the developer with your Purchase Order # and he will send you the other version for free. (Now that's good service!)
    But I still like the black version better (some may like the white version) and BBT is playing around with a smaller font update for the black version.

Last edited by tellsells; 06-13-10 at 08:30 AM.
    06-13-10 07:55 AM
    I started my post a while back, left and came back to finnish it at a later time. So my apologies about not reading your post to its entirety. However I wish you would have clearly stated this on the crackberry add post not just on mobihand. As I have read others comments now I am not the only one who "missed" this and maybe the wording was a little unclear. Regardless I'm glad you are bundling, I didn't know what that meant either, till I asked someone. I am looking forward to trying your white version.

yeah i am sorry about that, its always difficult to know the best method, i thought most people would be more likely to read it on the product description page instead of here

and as tellsells said in the post above, i am giving out coupons to those who purchased however missed the bundle option!

please PM me if you missed the bundle and would like a coupon

thanks
    bbt
    06-13-10 01:01 PM
    yeah i am sorry about that, its always difficult to know the best method, i thought most people would be more likely to read it on the product description page instead of here

and as tellsells said in the post above, i am giving out coupons to those who purchased however missed the bundle option!

please PM me if you missed the bundle and would like a coupon

thanks
    bbt
    Very nice of you to resolve this issue and confusion. I think so many were following the thread here in anticipation of your link and when it was posted they clicked on it not reading the issue you posted on Mobihand/CB store but hopefully everyone is satisfied now......
    06-13-10 01:30 PM
    am i the only one who always has issues with lines in the messages app being cutoff? i am not able to post a screenshot (though i do have an image...). when you open the messages app, and see each message line by line, the bottom of the line is cutoff (because the letters are too big? idk).

any help is appreciated! the theme is super beautiful!
    06-13-10 03:52 PM
    am i the only one who always has issues with lines in the messages app being cutoff? i am not able to post a screenshot (though i do have an image...). when you open the messages app, and see each message line by line, the bottom of the line is cutoff (because the letters are too big? idk).

any help is appreciated! the theme is super beautiful!
    Not an issue for me but he is working on a smaller font version that could help your issue.
    06-13-10 03:57 PM
    Not an issue for me but he is working on a smaller font version that could help your issue.
    sounds good, i'll keep a lookout! and bbt, just to be clear, here is when it happens:

1) if options are set to "Display Message Header on 1 Line", everything gets cutoff, so you only see about half the line (from top to bottom)
    2) if options are set to "Display Message Header on 2 Lines", only emails get cutoff, not SMS. Even the date header is cutoff.

thanks!
    06-13-10 04:18 PM
    sounds good, i'll keep a lookout! and bbt, just to be clear, here is when it happens:

1) if options are set to "Display Message Header on 1 Line", everything gets cutoff, so you only see about half the line (from top to bottom)
    2) if options are set to "Display Message Header on 2 Lines", only emails get cutoff, not SMS. Even the date header is cutoff.

thanks!
    cant recreate this..

but like andy said i am making the font smaller and will be releasing it at the end of this week!

till then, try setting the default font on your device to 8 or 9

hope that helps!
    bbt
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 06-13-10 at 05:54 PM.
    06-13-10 04:34 PM
    to everyone, I've posted up a poll, to see how many people would like a non hidden today version

if a lot of people want one, I will make one!

thanks
    bbt
    06-13-10 05:54 PM
    cant recreate this..

but like andy said i am making the font smaller and will be releasing it at the end of this week!

till then, try setting the default font on your device to 8 or 9

hope that helps!
    bbt
    i always have it set to 6 but if it helps any, i think it has something to do with how YOU set the messages font? i could be off base, but when you are making themes, don't you have the ability to adjust that? because changing the size of the default font unfortunately does not affect the messages font when the theme creater has it fixed somehow (this is just my gathering from various theme posts throughout time lol)

thanks again for your awesome work, it is gorgeous and i look forward to more!

E
    06-13-10 05:58 PM
    i always have it set to 6 but if it helps any, i think it has something to do with how YOU set the messages font? i could be off base, but when you are making themes, don't you have the ability to adjust that? because changing the size of the default font unfortunately does not affect the messages font when the theme creater has it fixed somehow (this is just my gathering from various theme posts throughout time lol)

thanks again for your awesome work, it is gorgeous and i look forward to more!

E
    yup yup you are right, however changing default font size on your device will change the spacing of the font (like allow for more text to show)

also, in the white version the user can define font style and size from options-->screen/keyboard and it will affect all fonts in message lists

try setting the font larger (6 will produce cut off)

but like i said, i am working on smaller text update to be released by the end of the week, latest saturday!

thanks, and glad you like the theme
    bbt
    06-13-10 06:05 PM
143 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD