Hi Mio,

I found another "glitch" (unless this is intentional):

On the previous beta, once I had the today screen on screen, I could scroll up through the today screen entries for calendar and messages.

With the Feb 14 beta, now (once the today list is showing), if I try and scroll up it automatically opens the inbox or the calendar (as if I manually opened the messages or calendar app).

Hope I am explaining this okay . .

By the way - THE TRANSITIONS ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

DonH
    Not a glitch, I did that because when You selected a calendar entry and tried to change it, the changes did not update on the home screen today area untill You had been in the actual calendar app and make some other changes, and for messages it did�nt always open the actual message but rather the message list, so all the other new unread disapeared from the home screen today area anyway. And since you ended up inside the application (calendar or messages) anyway I decided to change it to do just that instead. I know it is kind of "funky" compared to earlier themes but I wanted to give a try....

Mio
    02-15-10 10:16 AM
    I really like the theme!!! Will you do one with only the 5 buttons (not the 7 icons) including the today popup view? Having the today view list the new and old messages for mail and SMS? PLEASE
    02-15-10 10:19 AM
    Not a glitch, I did that because when You selected a calendar entry and tried to change it, the changes did not update on the home screen today area untill You had been in the actual calendar app and make some other changes, and for messages it did�nt always open the actual message but rather the message list, so all the other new unread disapeared from the home screen today area anyway. And since you ended up inside the application (calendar or messages) anyway I decided to change it to do just that instead. I know it is kind of "funky" compared to earlier themes but I wanted to give a try....

Mio
    I understand - well, if you can make it work like "the old way", that would be killer - but if not, fixing the clock display and if possible a larger profiles icon would be very nice.

It would also be nice if there was a new messages icons in the top banner (the infamous little folder icon with the red "balloon") like on 3_2_5 . .

I hope you don't take my comments as complaints, but rather as input to the beta . .

DonH
    02-15-10 10:27 AM
    The message notification icon is very easy to add back on, I just forgot it on this one on the upload version, I always leave it out because I don't want it to scream to my face every time I get a new mail very nice during week-ends and holidays.

Please, if anyone else would also like the final version to have a variant without mail notification, let me know and I will make both.

EDIT: Clock size in beta fixed and profiles icon slightly larger...

Mio

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mio_BB; 02-15-10 at 05:38 PM.
    02-15-10 03:32 PM
    Well, check out the beta..

Just added "swipe controls" Why press the trackball when You can make the theme activate an application just by scrolling to the hotspot? That means that if you scroll down below the 7 icons QuickLuanch will be activated instantly without pressing the trackball. Also because OS5 has some problems with updating the today area properly when selecting an item, I set that scrolling up from Messages / Calendar areas (to the left/right of the icons) will open the respective application directly...

And You will love the transitions for those....

For improved experience of this theme, set the system font to BB Alpha Sans Condensed, that�s what I used for the home screen.

Mio
    Well Mio, I've been using the new beta since yesterday now and let me say, WELL DONE, all your changes and the swipe controls are awesome...I'm loving it...I keep changing themes between your 3_2_5 and your beta, I like them both so much I don't know which one to stick with...

Keep up the great work, can't wait for the next update to your beta...

Cheers,
    02-16-10 05:40 PM
    The message notification icon is very easy to add back on, I just forgot it on this one on the upload version, I always leave it out because I don't want it to scream to my face every time I get a new mail very nice during week-ends and holidays.

Please, if anyone else would also like the final version to have a variant without mail notification, let me know and I will make both.

EDIT: Clock size in beta fixed and profiles icon slightly larger...

Mio

Thanks, Mio - Feb 16 version is great! Thanks for doing it!
    02-16-10 10:56 PM
    amazing craft, truly.
    02-17-10 12:12 AM
    Cool themes!

Personally, what I would like is an L-shaped theme with today area in the middle and weather icon at top right. Today (calendar) stays up all the time regardless of what icon I'm hovering on or icon order. No hidden docks or shortcut keys, just nice and light with today info.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    02-17-10 11:14 AM
    Just installed the v3_2_5 for OS5 and am lovin it. It runs very smoothly and I love being able to see my wallpaper (pic of my grandson) very clearly. I initially tried the beta one, but liked the option to hide the icons and keep my msgs and txt separate. I also love that I can put my weather app in the banner area and that the today text goes completely across the screen!

Thanks for the great work!!

Error: I just tried to install the Precision7 v3.2Lite OS 5.0 and I get an invalid cod error.
    Last edited by pink2; 02-18-10 at 03:12 PM.
    02-18-10 02:57 PM
    Hmm, strange. I just installed OTA without problems.. Try again, sometimes it is the hosting just acting up
    02-18-10 04:19 PM
    Hmm, strange. I just installed OTA without problems.. Try again, sometimes it is the hosting just acting up
    Just tried again and get the same error - do you think I have to delete the other version first and then try?
    02-18-10 04:32 PM
    Just tried again and get the same error - do you think I have to delete the other version first and then try?
    No, it should be seperate versions...
    02-18-10 04:45 PM
    No, it should be seperate versions...
    For giggles I decided to try deleting the Precision7 v3.2 OS 5.0 version and then I tried again and voila, Precision7 v3.2Lite OS 5.0 installed.

So then I tried to reinstall the Precision7 v3.2 OS 5.0 version and it installed fine.

So it had to be installed in that order for some reason.

One more question, the sms msgs would not appear in the today area in any of the versions at all - is that a limitation of OS5? Or do I need to do something special to make them appear?

I take that back I have two questions. After trying the 2 mentioned above and the beta, I think I like the beta the best. The ONLY thing that I want to ask is I use BerryReview's Push app where when they post something it gets pushed to my phone and it's icon gets that red star and where the application's name spot would be the title of the article. Well in your beta version, I don't see the application name spot visible on the home screen. Right now what I see in the banner is the name of the icon I have in the banner, but that doesn't change when I scroll to the other icons. If it changed with the icon selected then I could see the title again.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by pink2; 02-18-10 at 05:11 PM. Reason: added another question
    02-18-10 04:59 PM
    For giggles I decided to try deleting the Precision7 v3.2 OS 5.0 version and then I tried again and voila, Precision7 v3.2Lite OS 5.0 installed.

So then I tried to reinstall the Precision7 v3.2 OS 5.0 version and it installed fine.

So it had to be installed in that order for some reason.

One more question, the sms msgs would not appear in the today area in any of the versions at all - is that a limitation of OS5? Or do I need to do something special to make them appear?

I take that back I have two questions. After trying the 2 mentioned above and the beta, I think I like the beta the best. The ONLY thing that I want to ask is I use BerryReview's Push app where when they post something it gets pushed to my phone and it's icon gets that red star and where the application's name spot would be the title of the article. Well in your beta version, I don't see the application name spot visible on the home screen. Right now what I see in the banner is the name of the icon I have in the banner, but that doesn't change when I scroll to the other icons. If it changed with the icon selected then I could see the title again.

Thanks!!!
    because sms is threaded on OS 5.0, it won't show up in the today, otherwise, to get your e-mails to show up, have them seperated.
    02-18-10 05:26 PM
    In the beta left out the application name on the home screen. You can only see date and weather conditions (if You have a weather app as 1st icon)

Mio

PS: working on an update for v3.2 (os5) just som navigation tweaks and removing the backdrop from sms since today does not work anyway.

02-20-10 09:29 AM
    In the beta left out the application name on the home screen. You can only see date and weather conditions (if You have a weather app as 1st icon)

Mio

PS: working on an update for v3.2 (os5) just som navigation tweaks and removing the backdrop from sms since today does not work anyway.

Awesome, let us know so we can update...Loving all the themes brother...
    02-20-10 12:33 PM
    Mio, you always seem to top off your previous ideas. Can't wait for the 3.2 lite beta to finish testing. Do you plan on having the beta version for OS 4.6 in the future?
    02-21-10 12:34 PM
    Cant see screenshots
    02-22-10 11:39 AM
    Cant see screenshots
    screenshots are visible...
    02-22-10 12:11 PM
    because sms is threaded on OS 5.0, it won't show up in the today, otherwise, to get your e-mails to show up, have them seperated.
    I do have my email and txt separated. My solution for the text msgs was to re-install BerryPopup and I use that to see my texts!!

I have gone back to the beta version and absolutely love it!!
    02-22-10 01:35 PM
    Will there be a return to the v2 style for OS5?
    I really liked the fixed buttons on the bottom with QuickLaunch (why I bought QL).
    02-22-10 06:05 PM
    Hey Mio,

Any recent updates lately?
    02-26-10 04:59 PM
    In the works. Hope to post a v3.3 soon.

Generally it is the same but lots of tweaks to graphics and navigation.

02-27-10 01:08 AM
    does this theme have os 5 transitions?
    02-27-10 05:56 PM
    Hi

I have posted a new theme is the following thread. It is based on this one but it is a classic today theme with fixed messages and calendar entries side-by-side.

Precision7 Today Edition
    Mio
    02-28-10 06:28 AM
277 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD