Hi

Here it is then. The third and so far final version of my Precision7 theme.

All graphics has been updated and I have introduced hidden docks (not animated).

The theme starts up with the two docks below hidden, so You have only the banner blocking your wallpaper, and the banner is made more transparent as well The Banner contains addtional hotspots for Clock and Manage Connections.

Scroll down once and the docks below will be revealed. Note that nothing appears to be selected. But since I need a button for nothing else than to bring up the docks i have decided to hide it. This hidden button will however launch QuickLaunch if activated.

Scroll in any direction from this hidden button will lead you to the 7-icon dock.
    Going up will hide everything again and going down will hide the 7 big icons leaving only the bottom 5 buttons. Leaving more space for the today area and giving the option to show more wallpaper without blanking the screen completely.

Finally there is 2 Hotkeys: "Space" for Quicklaunch (thanks E ) and "$" for SMS & MMS.

I tried to make a black/grey version for highlights and menu, but it turned out bad. You cant change the colours used in all applications and the context-menu font size becomes locked even when just changing the highlight colour. So the only thing that is modded is the home screen and the lock-screen which keeps the weather app displayed.

----------------------
    LITE versions are without the 5 buttons in the bottom. Functionallity is still the same (hidden QuickLaunch below the "7") For those who want to decide what to put as today icons.
    ----------------------

Enough talk.

A small compilation of the different "modes" of the home screen.

Precision7 v3 sms
    OTA LINK

Precision7 v3 bbm (Combined SMS and Messages with SMS slot replaced with BB Messenger)
    OTA LINK

Precision7 v3 Lite (Without the 5 buttons below, first 3 icons on "7"-dock has today underlay) OTA LINK

Precision7 v3 Lite2 (Without the 5 buttons below, first 2 icons on "7"-dock has today underlay) OTA LINK

Precision7 v3 Lite1 (Without the 5 buttons below, first icon on "7"-dock has today underlay) OTA LINK

Precision7 v3 Lite0 (Without the 5 buttons below, none of the icons on "7"-dock has today underlay) OTA LINK

---------------------------------
    Precision v3.2 - 2009-12-16
    ---------------------------------

OK an update of v3 and v3 lite.

Generally: Created with the new Theme Studio so the background in the apps screen stays blue, cleaner navigation and blue highlights. Top banner is changed to a gradient see-through.

V3.2 Quicklaunch hotspot has been moved to "above" the weather app so it is not a dead spot between the bottom 5 and the 7

Precision7 v3.2 OS 4.6 OTA LINK

Precision7 v3.2 OS 5.0 OTA LINK

V3.2 Lite: (my current favourite, IMO-Flawless) 1 step navigational memory makes navigation a lot more intuitive and also available for os 5.0. Today background and bar still needs an graphical update, will come later. This is the standard Lite edition with the first 3 icons activating the today background.

Precision7 v3.2Lite OS 4.6 OTA LINK

Precision7 v3.2Lite OS 5.0 OTA LINK

----------------------------------
    Precision7 v3.3 OS5
    ----------------------------------
    Much like v3.2 but with updated banner and navigation. Also I added Messenger to the buttons below and bunch of keyboard shortcuts...

NOTE: The button "Unread" showed here on my screen is actually "Messenger" in the published version!

Shortcuts:
    E: SheetToGo (Excel viever)
    R: Unread (a GoogleReader app)
    F: Facebook
    G: Google Mail
    $: SMS and MMS
    Space: QuickLaunch

::::WARNING:::: This version does not show the "envelope" in the notification area upon new messages! This is because I use it as my "Off Duty" theme

Precision7 v3.3 OTA LINK

---------------------------------------------

BETA AREA

Here is what I�m testing right now!
    The version posted here will change without warning and no possibillity of going back to an earlier one.. So if you find a particular beta version you like, then back it up! I will not be publishing everything under different version numbers and some ideas/betas might be taken off the table..

But feel free to take a look at the theme as I currently have it on my BOLD

Precision7 Beta OTA LINK

Short description of current Beta: 2010-02-14 A lightweight version of the 3.2 LITE without any hiding docks, in return it is FAST. For OS 5 only.

Also Carrier info and Apllication Name (the fade in/out) is taken out and instead the text for the weather app is fixed beside the weather icon in the banner.

To the left of Icon "1" you will see the Messages in the today area and to the right of icon "7" You will se the Calendar items in the today area.

Just added "swipe controls" Why press the trackball when You can make the theme activate activate an application just by scrolling the hotspot? That means that if you scroll down below the 7 icons QuickLuanch will be activated instantly without pressing the trackball. Also because OS5 has some problems with updating the today area properly when selecting an item I set that scrolling up from Messages / Calendar areas (to the left/right of the icons) will open the respective apllication directly...

Have Fun..

---------------------------------------------

Enjoy

-----------------
    Please note: My OTA hosting can be unstable/unreacable at times, here is a hint. If You can see the picture in the post, then the OTA should work, they are on the same server
    -----------------

BR Mio
    Last edited by mio_BB; 02-28-10 at 07:58 AM.
    10-20-09 04:09 PM
    -----------------------
    A few words on requests and possible future version/variations.

So far I only have the SMS version, if I should make a combined version I would like to have some feed-back on what You would like instead of the SMS-button (preferably a today-able app like call-log (missed calls) or Blackberry Messenger (it would allow me to keep the same file set just replacing the button/underlay pictures and changing the action on activation of the button.)

Regarding fixed text on the weather app, it is unfortunately (to my knowlegde) no longer possible as all icons are now done in Composer where You do not have the same options with icon texts as in Theme Builder. Sorry.

A thing that I would be happy to change is the room above the today entries that now simply shows the Icon from the selected app. I wanted to leave something there showing "where You are" as button focus and app text disapears when You go to today area. But I haven�t been able to come up with "the" solution. Hoping for some creative ideas..

Oh, and I will be porting this to the Tour and Curve as well. Don�t worry it will come.
    ---------------------------------------

BR Mio
    Last edited by mio_BB; 10-20-09 at 04:55 PM.
    10-20-09 04:11 PM
    Wow that's such a much nicer theme love the hidden dock thanks so much for this version

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Edit: as for the weather when I hover over it it shows the actual text not the fixed text
    Last edited by kayceeee; 10-20-09 at 05:17 PM.
    10-20-09 04:47 PM
    I love these set of themes. Thank you very much. The only thing I would like is a version were the SMS and MMS is replaced with your contacts. Other than that this is a favroite of mine.
    10-20-09 05:22 PM
    Great.

Pity about the Black / Grey colours. I guess I can't have everything. Maybe one day you'll find a solution

One initial comment. It would be nice to be able to have some highlighting on the weather application when it is selected.

I'll keep playing & see if I think / see anything else.

Good work.
    10-20-09 05:23 PM
    Very nice! Best I have seen. Which weather app has the temperature as in your photo?

10-20-09 05:27 PM
    I think I have to give this one a whirl. It looks quite nice. Thanks for offering it up to us!

EDIT: OK I've been using it about five minutes and love it. LOVE IT!
    Last edited by quillhill; 10-20-09 at 06:24 PM.
    10-20-09 06:05 PM
    Real nice! Another keeper. Been using the final version of V2 and it smokes all my paid themes.
    Keep up the great work and Thanks!!

10-20-09 06:13 PM
    exelent theme, and upgrade, finally i have the sms text too XD

congrats.
    10-20-09 07:36 PM
    Anyone with os5 that's having the sms show up in the sms tab?

I've already set it to separate and when I click it it goes to sms but when I get one it doesn't show up in the tab but my emails do

10-20-09 07:49 PM
    Looks great.. thx for sharing!
    10-20-09 08:03 PM
    Anyone with os5 that's having the sms show up in the sms tab?

I've already set it to separate and when I click it it goes to sms but when I get one it doesn't show up in the tab but my emails do

Running .238 on my Bold and SMS messages (mine are also separated) do not show up in the tab. No biggie to me but I figured I'd let you know it's not just you.

This theme is great, all the icons I want, excellent functionality, hidden docks to show off my wallpaper ... it's the best of everything I could ask for.
    10-20-09 08:44 PM
    Dude you have totally out done yourself on this one. Great theme. This should be stock on any BB. Thanks.
    10-20-09 11:20 PM
    Great improvement mio.
    Couple of observations:
    The weather icon on top right does not move when you move to it so its difficult to tell if you've selected it or not. Unlike the previous version.
    Also why does the wallpaper appear when you go into the BB menu? Thought the background for that was always blue?

This is definitely my best theme.
    And to think you are giving out free?
    Well done!
    10-21-09 03:08 AM
    Mio, another request for better highlighting of the weather tab. Also if you could brighten the buttons in the upper banner when you scroll over them. In V2 the upper banner navigation was easy to see. On this version you cannot see where you are in bright light. Beyond that a great theme.

10-21-09 04:01 AM
    Mio, another request for better highlighting of the weather tab. Also if you could brighten the buttons in the upper banner when you scroll over them. In V2 the upper banner navigation was easy to see. On this version you cannot see where you are in bright light. Beyond that a great theme.

You are right they can be quite "faint" especially the one for the clock when the alarm is set..

I will try to fix this.

BR Mio
    10-21-09 04:40 AM
    Great theme! Love it! Love the little touches like hidden ql.. It has all that I need..

Just wondering though why 2 of my sent sms is appearing in the sms preview.. Is this right?

Last edited by jho51e; 10-21-09 at 07:47 AM.
    10-21-09 07:37 AM
    getting a 500 error this morning. I will keep trying as I love the look of this and can't wait to try it out
    10-21-09 07:53 AM
    Great theme! Love it! Love the little touches like hidden ql.. It has all that I need..

Just wondering though why 2 of my sent sms is appearing in the sms preview.. Is this right?

You probably used QL-Compose SMS to send them. There is a bug with that and hidden today. Sorry, out of my hands...

BR Mio
    10-21-09 08:01 AM
    Looks good. Just downloaded, because I want something simple with today

10-21-09 08:07 AM
    You probably used QL-Compose SMS to send them. There is a bug with that and hidden today. Sorry, out of my hands...

BR Mio
    Ah yes I did use ql to compose those 2 sms.. Weird bug.. Okies ino biggie will just delete the sent sms..

Again, its a wonderful theme! Simple yet so functional! Ticks all the boxes for me! Keep up the great work!

10-21-09 03:33 PM

Just uploaded an update with "enhanced" glow for clock and connections (Re-DL + Reboot to get it). I still prefer the weather app not to be highlighted, at least until I find a way to do it without making it look funny.

Also I uploaded a new variant of v3. It is a LITE version for all those who might have felt that it was all a little too much I cut out the 5 buttons below, but besides that everything else is the same. It actually gives the You the posibillity to decide which apps you want to set as today preview. There is a version that makes, the first 3 and and a version with the first 2 icons in the "7" dock, into hidden today icons (with underlay)

Try it, i named them different from the main v3 so You can have both.

BR Mio
    10-21-09 06:15 PM
    You are the man!! I love the lite version, it is my favorite theme of all time.

If you ever do any other changes to this theme I would love to see one with just the 5 buttons on the bottom with the overlays. I understand how much work you put into these and thank you so much for your efforts!!
    10-21-09 07:14 PM
    Great Theme! For some reason, I can't get the weather to show up in the top right corner. Instead, an e-mail icon is in its place.

Nevermind, I figured it out. What is the weather application you are displaying in the screen shot?
    Last edited by rwbbuser; 10-21-09 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Figured it out!
    10-21-09 07:53 PM
    I would very much donate to have the messages combined and that SMS button turned into options or bbm

10-21-09 09:50 PM
277 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD