Hi all, just got my bold yesterday and I'm lovin it a lot more than the storm.

However, every time I try out a new theme all my icons get reset. It's annoying and takes forever to put them back the way I had them. Is there a way around this? Does this happen to everyone?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    12-16-08 12:09 AM
    i don't believe so, but i wish there was... it is one of the main reasons i hardly ever switch themes
    12-16-08 12:44 AM
    I got tired of it as well, so I have two or three themes set the way I want and then rotate wallpapers and leave it at that. It could be that each theme is not identical in what it offers or supports from a developer standpoint.
    12-16-08 11:34 AM
    I just move everything around everytime I get a new one. Its a pain but when I'm used to my icoms being in a certain order it is a must. Just wait til you find one that isn't customizable lol

Congrats on your new bold. Isn't it wonderful lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 01:01 PM
    I've had my bold for 4 weeks now and I have about 10 themes installed as I'm trying to find the one I like most. But its a huge pain in the **** to change icons all the time. Oh well, once the xmas time is over I will have about 4 themes to choose from

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:30 PM
    I'm running into this problem as well. It'd be cool if there were some sort of "Save Theme Settings" to keep those settings and placements for that specific theme as you change from theme to theme, then edit them whenever you want and save them again to your liking. Though, it's just my wishful thinking, and I don't know how plausible it'd be. :P
    12-30-08 01:05 AM
    I dont seem to have that problem with setting changing when I switch from theme to theme to theme.. if you move around folders, icons, etc in one theme, those setting should stay if you switch to another theme and then go back to it.

At least that's the way it has worked for me. I rearrange icons, folders, change wallpapers, etc for one theme, then when I come back to it, all those changes were retained....

If I download a NEW theme, then yes...I have to go through the process of rearranging all my folders, icons, etc. but I only have to do that once... then they are set for that particular theme.
    Last edited by Rockdog97; 01-02-09 at 01:53 PM.
    01-02-09 01:48 PM
    I believe this only happens when putting a new theme on your device..at least thats when it happens to me
    01-02-09 02:23 PM
    My icons stay once I place them where I want. You have to set up your icons every time you download a new theme, but if you go back to a theme you used before, the placement is saved. Really you only have to rearrange your icons once per theme.
    01-02-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD