I'm gonna give that a try and will let you know. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 10:54 AM
    I'm gonna give that a try and will let you know. Thanks for the suggestion.

No guarantees, but, hope it works for you. Betas are not always stable with all apps and some themes tend to have issues. Fortunately, I personally haven't had any issues with E's themes. I can't say that for other themes that are just as good - whether free or cost more.
    06-24-09 11:06 AM
    Thanks Blacklatino hopefully it works out for you littlereddit. I tested this theme so it would run and flow without any lag or shaking of the dock.

06-24-09 11:10 AM
    The only update for stacks is hidden dock with stacks. I have the svg ready just didn't have time to upload and test. If it works out it would be a free update to the original stack.
    Just purchased..All I can say is WOW..The quality of the theme is superb also the sharrpness of the icons and theme..Thanks again E..Loving the stack edition..( any future plans making a stack edition with weather icon).
    06-24-09 11:22 AM
    what about the storm ecruz. please we need the theme too man!
    06-24-09 12:18 PM
    Sorry for the noob question, but I'm thinking about buying this theme, 'cept I don't know what "stacks" mean and how it looks compared to hidden dock?

Thanks
    06-24-09 12:49 PM
    Has anyone notice a slight increase in battery drainage?
    I'm using the HD version and have found that mine seems to be draining a bit quicker then usual. Nothing signficant but noticable.

Just to add my humble opinion: I don't think a theme creater is responsible for testing themes on beta OS's. They are too unstable and there are multiple versions so that is a lot of testing for the creator.
    Beta OS's are just that .... Beta .... A work in progress that people decide to try at their own risk.
    How can one be responsible for an OS that is not stable enough to be an official realease.

06-24-09 01:24 PM
    Is the same concept both hide the icons just one has a fancy name.
    Sorry for the noob question, but I'm thinking about buying this theme, 'cept I don't know what "stacks" mean and how it looks compared to hidden dock?

Thanks
    06-24-09 01:24 PM
    Do a battery pull to free up some mem and usually that fixes the battery issue also since everything is already loaded on the phone. Been using the hd theme and stack theme both for 2 days with no charge only to take the promo pics and its still stable on both mem and battery..
    I'm using the HD version and have found that mine seems to be draining a bit quicker then usual. Nothing signficant but noticable.

Just to add my humble opinion: I don't think a theme creater is responsible for testing themes on beta OS's. They are too unstable and there are multiple versions so that is a lot of testing for the creator.
    Beta OS's are just that .... Beta .... A work in progress that people decide to try at their own risk.
    How can one be responsible for an OS that is not stable enough to be an official realease.

Last edited by elycruz0102; 06-24-09 at 01:37 PM.
    06-24-09 01:32 PM
    good job E, digging the HD version.
    06-24-09 01:35 PM
    Thanks and also usually when you first get a theme you move icons around test some of them out. New themes get there brunt use the first 15 min since its like a new toy. Like I said tested the theme and check some of your 3rd party apps or uninstall some bb apps you don't use. BB messenger drains my battery faster than anything when I use it.
    Hope everyone is enjoying it
    Last edited by elycruz0102; 06-24-09 at 01:56 PM.
    06-24-09 01:43 PM
    yeah, alienware please
    06-24-09 01:46 PM
    Thanks and also usually when you first get a theme you move icons around and use it more than you normally do to test out your new theme and how it works with 3rd party apps or is it just me???

That's a good point. I have been playing around testing it out.
    Love the HD version E!

06-24-09 01:49 PM
    ok i know this is a silly question, but what is the difference between the stack and the hd version.
    06-24-09 01:58 PM
    HD version has a hidden bottom dock and a top icon slot (typically for weather)
    Stack has no weather slot ..... Dock is not hidden (E is working on that) and has an additional 6 hidden icons.

06-24-09 02:16 PM
    ok i know this is a silly question, but what is the difference between the stack and the hd version.
    The hd version is a hidden dock with weather icon support. Stack is a fix user icon dock with stack action that brings up 6 additional icons. Both versions support today+ feature and quicklaunch integration.

06-24-09 02:17 PM
    stack is having all the icons on your home menu, and HD is just the HIDDEN DOCK version.

Good work E. Thanks!
    06-24-09 02:17 PM
    thanks e and fab....just want to say this is one of the best themes i've ever seen. i own the electie leopard theme this one is sooo much better.
    06-24-09 02:24 PM
    Well done.
    Less than 2 weeks to save a $1 off from all EThemes all are on sale for 2.99.
    Help me promote my osX theme and receive 1 free copy. If you can get BerryReview or Crackberry to blog osX and mention your name you would win a free copy.
    If you purchase the theme already and win I will refund you the amount you paid. How does that sound???
    HD version has a hidden bottom dock and a top icon slot (typically for weather)
    Stack has no weather slot ..... Dock is not hidden (E is working on that) and has an additional 6 hidden icons.

06-24-09 02:29 PM
    thanks e and fab....just want to say this is one of the best themes i've ever seen. i own the electie leopard theme this one is sooo much better.
    you're right. and what really annoys me (probably a themer thing I don't know) is that elecite didn't even bother to theme all the icons (media net was stock icon). and when I emailed them about it they wouldn't even change it.

this is the best osx theme by far.
    06-24-09 03:18 PM
    Thanks and also usually when you first get a theme you move icons around test some of them out. New themes get there brunt use the first 15 min since its like a new toy. Like I said tested the theme and check some of your 3rd party apps or uninstall some bb apps you don't use. BB messenger drains my battery faster than anything when I use it.

I agree, usually after I download a theme and move everything around (I'm very picky) I feel like the theme has lost its magic. lol
    06-24-09 03:21 PM

The truth is most users are using a beta OS. Even if it's a version that was leaked 6 months ago, if it hasn't been released by a carrier then it's a beta. There are probably 20 beta OS between the one I'm using and the latest one from AT&T. In fact I would be willing to wager that at least half of the people who are tech savvy enough to install a new theme are running a beta OS.

Now if you wanted to make an argument that a developer shouldn't be required to test their themes on the newest betas (5.0), I might could buy that.

Just out of curiosity, which OS are you running?
    06-24-09 03:54 PM
    To ecruz, I have followed a few suggestions and I think I have most of these issues ironed out, except 2. I deleted the theme, downgraded to .266, reinstalled the theme, and did a batt-pull, and now here's what I got:

The first is when I am scrolling to hide the dock, the wallpaper flickers between mine and the one that came with it.

And I still have 3 WeatherEye icons that I can't seem to get rid of.

Any other suggestions?
    06-24-09 03:58 PM
    I tried leopard from elecite and tigerberry and hated both. Leopard had no today info and tigerberry had a shaky dock when you scrolled thru the icons. I wanted to make a darker cleaner osX theme that people would enjoy and I think I accomplish that wish both version.
    you're right. and what really annoys me (probably a themer thing I don't know) is that elecite didn't even bother to theme all the icons (media net was stock icon). and when I emailed them about it they wouldn't even change it.

this is the best osx theme by far.
    06-24-09 04:11 PM
    Ecruz - great theme! Thanks! I bought it first thing this morning, and have been running it all day. looks great.

I'm on .282, and it works fine. I set it up the way i wanted, did a battery pull, and then went on with the rest of my day. after the reboot, i had 49.8MB of free memory. All day ive sent/received about 40 SMS, 10 emails, light web browsing, and a 2 minute phonecall. My issue isnt battery at this point - this theme is memory hungry! I'm currently sitting at 29.9MB free. I have NEVER before dipped below 38, though I usually end a day around 40mb-ish. Even since using .282 I haven't experienced any major memory leak, and I downloaded it the day it was released.

Apps running: Facebook, SocialScope (set to MANUAL refresh, used it maybe 5 minutes today), and BerryWeather.Nothing else in the background.

Anyone else find it memory hungry? Because other than that (which is minor) I love this theme!
    06-24-09 04:14 PM
378 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD