View Poll Results: Do you like this theme?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 55.56%
  • No

8 44.44%
    Theme is available now. Price: Free

Normal Version | Weather & Hidden Today

I've created an OS 5.0 style theme for my Bold 9000 which runs OS 4.6, for personal use (apparently i didn't search enough for one online, or maybe no one created one yet? Let me know)

If anyone is interested on getting this theme let me know here (comment) so i can upload it and you can download it so you'll have it also.

Blackberry OS 5.0 Style Theme
    Model Supported: Blackberry Bold 9000
    OS Required : OS 4.6 (only)

Features like slide effects/zoom/fades when navigating the phone are not compatible with OS 4.6 so you will just have the looks of the OS 5.0.

Screenshots:

Today & Weather Slot Version

Today & Weather Slot - Upper Banner (With Carrier & Without)

Download OTA : Blackberry OS 5.0 Style Theme
    Download OTA : Blackberry OS 5.0 Style Theme - No Carrier
    Download OTA : Blackberry OS 5.0 Style Theme - Today & Weather Slot
    Download OTA : Blackberry OS 5.0 Style Theme - Today & Weather Slot - No Carrier
    Download OTA : Blackberry OS 5.0 Style Theme - Today & Weather Slot - Upper Banner
    Download OTA : Blackberry OS 5.0 Style Theme - Today & Weather Slot - Upper Banner - No Carrier

Features & Notes:
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    • OS 5.0 Look & Feel interface (Minus the transition menu effects)
    • Highlight Color lightened
    • Call/Incoming/Menu screens have been lightened up a bit to OS 5.0 bluish gradient.
    • Menu highlight & Others have blue/light blue (except in some cases)
    • Buttons from OS 5.0
    • HomeScreen & Application Menu have OS 5.0 highlight button, transparent border for unselected icons.
    • Menu options/windows remained transparent
    • Fonts size decreased to look more professional
    • Original Icons & Menus & other colors remained the same
    • Email & Messages Day seperators - Granite with a hint of soft blue
    • Up & Down arrows light blue
    • Lock Screen Icon - OS 5.0 alike highlight
      Feb 21st 2010
    • Today & Weather Slot version Added
    • 4 Middle button slots work with the up movement to select Calendar entries & Message/Emails/etc (Today Style)
    • 1st & 5th slot buttons also work with Today but don't have up movement functions (to select messages etc.) - You can still view them.
    • Weather Slot (or a slot of your choosing) added on the upper right corner of the Home Screen
      Feb 23rd 2010
    • Weather Slot Inside Banner version in upper right corner added.
    • With & Without Carrier

A lot of time was put on creating and enhancing the theme so comments, thanks & thoughts would be nice!

Post Also located in my Blackberry blog titled "Havoc Berry". Follow the link below to go there.
    Havoc Berry | OS 5.0 Theme for OS 4.6

Enjoy +
    Last edited by andyhavoc; 05-06-10 at 09:08 PM.
    02-17-10 08:11 AM
    i'm interested. send me a link please
    02-17-10 12:32 PM
    i'm interested. send me a link please
    Ok cool, check back tomorrow since I'm tweaking the theme a bit more to add more gloss to the menu windows but will have it up here sometime tomorrow with links with carrier and no carrier for to download,

So check this thread tomorrow and I will have it up.

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 12:46 PM
    Theme finished & uploaded succesfully, everyone who wants one, get one. Its free!

Cheers

02-17-10 09:19 PM
    Really fine! THNX!
    02-18-10 03:24 PM
    Really fine! THNX!
    Glad you liked it

02-21-10 06:58 AM
    Looks great - really great - well done!
    (But personally I wouldn't use it without a weather slot and Today.)
    02-21-10 08:01 AM
    Looks great - really great - well done!
    (But personally I wouldn't use it without a weather slot and Today.)
    Thanks,

Hm, didn't thought of that, i could create the today version, but i need to figure out how to make a weather slot. But i will figure it out eventually. If you want check it again next week for a today with weather slot version.
    02-21-10 08:12 AM
    Will be back - I'm looking forward to it!
    And thanks for taking the trouble to do it.
    Arnie

02-21-10 09:42 AM
    Arnie

No problem

By the way, i never used a weather app before can you clear it for me, is the weather slot an extra button located in the Home screen which anyone could replace with their favorite weather app? If that's what a weather slot is, i could be finishing it today or tomorrow.

Thanks
    02-21-10 10:08 AM
    Arnie

Hello,

OS 5.0 - Today with Weather Slot (on the upper right) version has been made and uploaded at my thread post with the theme for ya! And every one else of course to get their hands on!

Hope i did it right, never done a version like this. If anything is wrong (like the slot is weather specific and such and i made it wrong let me know and i will try and fix it!

Enjoy!
    02-21-10 02:08 PM
    Working perfectly for me - great job!
    This is an excellent theme - and fast too!
    You might consider i) moving the weather icon up into the banner and ii) increasing the font size of the time to utilize the empty space where the carrier used to be.
    Thx,
    Arnie

Last edited by arnie27; 02-21-10 at 02:48 PM.
    02-21-10 02:34 PM
    Working perfectly for me - great job!
    This is an excellent theme - and fast too!
    You might consider i) moving the weather icon up into the banner and ii) increasing the font size of the time to utilize the empty space where the carrier used to be.
    Thx,
    Arnie

Glad you liked it,

Well I had some spare time and I got right on it. I could do the suggestion you told me, but I will do it probably next week.
    If you could clarify what you meant by moving the weather slot up to the banner (you mean make it smaller and place it in the banner area? Or move it a bit up?) Becuase I aligned the weather slot with the today info line to have design consistency.
    Let me know and I will get on making the changes as soon as I have some spare time on my hands!

Cheers

02-21-10 03:14 PM
    I'm using the 4.6 version of the theme with the today and weather slot theme and I love it! I'm not sure if it's just me but I've noticed that when I scroll over the homescreen icons that the name of the application that fades in/out seems to be off-centered to the left a little bit. Is there any possible way you can take a second look and center it more? Other than that I think this theme is perfect! Job well done!
    02-21-10 03:40 PM
    I'm using the 4.6 version of the theme with the today and weather slot theme and I love it! I'm not sure if it's just me but I've noticed that when I scroll over the homescreen icons that the name of the application that fades in/out seems to be off-centered to the left a little bit. Is there any possible way you can take a second look and center it more? Other than that I think this theme is perfect! Job well done!
    Good eye I have made the correction (moved the status text for buttons applications in Home Screen a bit to the right)

Updated the OTA links, re-download if you like and let me know if it's better now!

Cheers
    02-21-10 04:14 PM
    If you could clarify what you meant by moving the weather slot up to the banner (you mean make it smaller and place it in the banner area? Or move it a bit up?) Because I aligned the weather slot with the today info line to have design consistency.
    Let me know and I will get on making the changes as soon as I have some spare time on my hands!

Cheers

I don't think it should be smaller, because then, AFAIK, it won't update.
    I mean to place it in the banner area.
    02-22-10 12:57 AM
    I don't think it should be smaller, because then, AFAIK, it won't update.
    I mean to place it in the banner area.
    Check the download section of my post, i uploaded a new version according to your request. Tell me if is this what you had in mind!

Enjoy!
    02-22-10 10:41 AM
    Check the download section of my post, i uploaded a new version according to your request. Tell me if is this what you had in mind!

Enjoy!
    IMHO it's the best theme around - looks fantastic, works perfectly and it's very fast.
    Congratulations on a great job!
    Arnie
    02-22-10 11:21 AM
    IMHO it's the best theme around - looks fantastic, works perfectly and it's very fast.
    Congratulations on a great job!
    Arnie
    Thank you, your comment is very much appreciated! I just started to understand how the theme builder works and will make more themes as the time passes. And of course all of them will be free.

Thanks again,
    Cheers
    02-22-10 11:26 AM
    Good theme with stock icons, i like it
    02-22-10 11:32 AM
    Good theme with stock icons, i like it
    Thank you!

02-22-10 11:39 AM
    This is still a good 4.6 OS theme the simulates OS styles i think and added this comment to show on the first page for anyone still running Bold 9000 v4.6 OS to download and use it.

Cheers
    03-19-10 03:18 PM
    Really good theme.. Fantastic

04-07-10 08:32 PM
    Really good theme.. Fantastic

Thank you

04-07-10 08:38 PM
    Very, very well done!!
    Nice theme. It is the only one that replaces the original zen in my BB bold.
    It would be grat if you modify this theme in order to have 10 icons in home screen.

Congratulation and keep up the good work!

Vassili
    04-14-10 12:57 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD