i just downloaded and installed the new iBerry theme by Bplay on my bold, and for some reason it lowered my reception. I had the first gen. iphone and at my job, the service was 2 bars at best, when i switched the bold the service was perfect, not full bars but definitely a lot better. After installing the theme, the reception acts like the iphone (2 bars at most). Is that normal for the themes to effect reception? How would i go about removing a theme or application installed on my bold? I also tried the free trial of the BBtext2IM app and I lost some SMS messages, so I want to remove it. Any suggestions?
    01-28-09 05:44 PM
    Have you already tried a battery pull? Sometimes doing a battery pull after installing a new theme can fix things. Make sure the theme in question is active when doing the battery pull so the BB can reboot with that theme.

If you can't get it resolved I'd delete the theme. You don't want something like a theme interfering with reception.
    01-28-09 05:53 PM
    thank you marine one. i will try that, but if i do have to go about deletin. how do i delete it?
    01-28-09 05:57 PM
    Hook your BB up to your PC via USB cable and run desktop manager(assuming you've installed desktop manager on your computer) Then select the application loader and let it read your BB and it will display a list of all third party apps and themes. Uncheck the boxes for anything you want to delete then hit finish and it will remove the theme and your device will reboot.

If you don't have desktop manager I think you can go to the Blackberry website update page and run the application loader from there and do the same thing as above. Make sure if using the BB website that you use windows explorer as it only worls with IE.

Here's a link to the page:BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

Connect your BB to your PC via USB cable and click "check for updates now" on the BB page, again using Internet Explorer.

When it asks for your password just click OK. When you run the update it will probably tell you no updates are available. Just ignore that and click options on the right hand side and it will provide a list of your themes and apps that you can delete.
    Last edited by Marine One; 01-28-09 at 06:09 PM.
    01-28-09 06:01 PM
    Thank you very much I did install desktop manager so I will do the removal if needed. Thanks for your help.
    01-28-09 06:05 PM
    No problem good luck!
    01-28-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD