I agree about the red, It really isn't finished, the color combos don't work quite right yet. I put out the 4.6 a bit quickly, but am planning to re-do it from scratch & develop the color schemes for both versions better.

I'm learning as I go, and am sure these will be well polished themes by the time they're done.

Thanks again for all of the input!

Back to the Turkey!
    11-26-09 04:53 PM
    absolutely fantastic theme on bold 5.0 beta. very slick, fast and stable...

a couple of ideas.

1. make the date font smaller on message screen
    2. Today screen instead of hidden today.

Have a great thanksgiving for those in the US.
    11-26-09 06:04 PM
    absolutely fantastic theme on bold 5.0 beta. very slick, fast and stable...

a couple of ideas.

1. make the date font smaller on message screen
    2. Today screen instead of hidden today.

Have a great thanksgiving for those in the US.
    +1

everyone seems to have a hidden today theme.. a today plus weather thats not hidden is hard to find. especially built for 5.0
    11-26-09 11:40 PM
    Just downloaded the "red version".........it's great, thanks alot!!!
    11-29-09 09:54 AM
    *TEAL* versions 5.0 & 4.6 links added on 1st post.
    11-29-09 11:41 PM
    please oh please un-hide the today calendar and messages.. i will be your best friend.

You are doing a great job with the new 5.0 theme. and you work is appreciated here.
    11-30-09 12:30 AM
    Just downloaded the *TEAL* version for 4.6, it's greatttttt!!!!!
    11-30-09 02:39 AM
    Love you theme.

Thanks for the donwload
    11-30-09 04:00 PM
    Dave, the teal version looks great! Thanks for providing the theme for free and for the time you have spent on the various versions.

I noticed even after a battery pull that when you scroll from icon to icon on the home screen the icon is "whited" out first and then the teal overlay is seen. Is this by design? There is a slight delay between the two so it is noticeable on my Bold 9000 running 4.6.0.304.

Also, I had deleted an SMS text message but it still appeared on the home screen and I was able to scroll over the message and press the trackball to view it.

-Rich
    11-30-09 04:00 PM
    hey all,

I know this has been discussed regarding other themes, however has anyone noticed reduce battery life using this theme?
    11-30-09 06:24 PM
    I'm using the 4.6 teal version. Very nice. The theme and wallpaper have a great use of colors without being gaudy. Any chance of posting the wallpaper(s)? It's understandable if you want to keep them proprietary. Thanks for the great work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sbs8331; 11-30-09 at 07:48 PM.
    11-30-09 07:27 PM
    hey all,

I know this has been discussed regarding other themes, however has anyone noticed reduce battery life using this theme?
    I have noticed that, but I wasn't sure if it was the OS or another program causing it.

I'm going to research it & see if I can pinpoint the cause or if it's just coincidence.

Thanks for the comment.
    11-30-09 09:27 PM
    I'm using the 4.6 teal version. Very nice. The theme and wallpaper have a great use of colors without being gaudy. Any chance of posting the wallpaper(s)? It's understandable if you want to keep them proprietary. Thanks for the great work.

I think I'm going to sit on the wallpapers for a little while until I have a comprehensive selection and decide how/where I want to share.
    (I know I won't have much control once they're out there, so I want to be able to at least put what I have in one spot)

Thanks for the comments!
    11-30-09 09:30 PM
    Dave, the teal version looks great! Thanks for providing the theme for free and for the time you have spent on the various versions.

I noticed even after a battery pull that when you scroll from icon to icon on the home screen the icon is "whited" out first and then the teal overlay is seen. Is this by design? There is a slight delay between the two so it is noticeable on my Bold 9000 running 4.6.0.304.

Also, I had deleted an SMS text message but it still appeared on the home screen and I was able to scroll over the message and press the trackball to view it.

-Rich
    If you mean a very brief white 'flash', then that is normal.
    If you mean all of the icons turn white, then freeze momentarily - then that is a bug. I had that happen to me in an earlier version, but I thought that was when you use a different version than the OS on the phone.

Did you download the 4.6 version? Let me know & I will take a closer look at it.

I'm not sure about the SMS thing.

I think I will be putting a new 4.6 version from scratch.
    The versions I have up now are built from 5.0 version & exported for 4.6.

I think it may be better to start with the intention for 4.6 from the inception.

Thanks for the comments!
    11-30-09 09:34 PM
    please oh please un-hide the today calendar and messages.. i will be your best friend.

You are doing a great job with the new 5.0 theme. and you work is appreciated here.
    This will be done soon. Probably before the weekend.

Thanks for the comments, my new best friend!
    11-30-09 09:36 PM
    Beautiful theme. Very smooth oeration too. I'd love to see two additional things: 1. Highlight the time and click it for the clock app and 2. press the space bar for Quick Launch. Nice work.
    These were both added in the TEAL version.

Thanks for the comments!
    11-30-09 09:37 PM
    looks good in 4.6 but date gets cut off
    I reduced the date in the 4.6 TEAL version.

Please try it out & let me know if it works better now.

Thanks for the comments!
    11-30-09 09:38 PM
    One request for this wonderful theme, with the blue highlights when you go to your options can the highlight be blue also and not gray. (Sub menu's)
    Try the TEAL version.

Maybe not the same blue like original, but you might like it.

I plan to do a few versions like the TEAL, but different colors.

Thanks for the comments!
    11-30-09 09:40 PM
    4.6 looks good Dave, but the Red version isn't really my cup of tea. Thank you for your effort though.
    Try the TEAL version.
    It has been re-worked with extra functionality. (Quicklaunch/spacebar; hidden clock button on header; and today area darkening shortcut x,z buttons)

I'm planning on issuing this version in a few different colors/wallpapers after I have refined it a bit further.

Thanks for the comments & your original post!
    11-30-09 09:43 PM
    Try the TEAL version.
    It has been re-worked with extra functionality. (Quicklaunch/spacebar; hidden clock button on header; and today area darkening shortcut x,z buttons)

I'm planning on issuing this version in a few different colors/wallpapers after I have refined it a bit further.

Thanks for the comments & your original post!
    Using the teal version with 4.6 and it is a great theme. Thanks for your work.....
    11-30-09 09:48 PM
    Was using another 5.0 theme and saw your teal release... tried it... love it! Well done. The theme is quite responsive, a big plus. Really like the clock shortcut as well... nothing to really suggest at this point... will watch for more updates as you get them ready.
    11-30-09 09:51 PM
    Was using another 5.0 theme and saw your teal release... tried it... love it! Well done. The theme is quite responsive, a big plus. Really like the clock shortcut as well... nothing to really suggest at this point... will watch for more updates as you get them ready.
    Thanks for the comments!!
    11-30-09 10:13 PM
    hey dave, I did some digging round myself, I changed back to my old theme (and nothing else, e.g install/uninstall) and battery life was much better (back to what I had been getting for weeks on my previous theme)

quick and dirty test i know!
    12-01-09 12:16 AM
    i LOVE the teal version
    is it possible if you could make it wallpaper friendly? please and thankyou!!
    12-01-09 01:45 AM
    Dave,

well I took the plunge and updated to 5.0 (which I love). One Of the first things I did was to put your blue version on and I love it! Is there any chance of getting the original blue version with the same features as the newer teal version?

12-01-09 09:29 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD