Please don't think this is a stupid question but how do I upload a .jad theme when I try to do one with DM it tells me no update available I can download a .alx it works fine I gues I do not understand do I need a different program to do the ones with .jad? Thank you any help appriciated
    01-13-09 10:07 PM
    The only stupid question is one you don't ask. A .jad file is used for OTA theme delivery and requires a hosting site on the internet so you can send a link directly to the BB and download the theme. I hope this helps.

Tim
    01-13-09 10:47 PM
    Put the .jad file and the .cod file on your device. Say in the documents folder on your media card on on your device memory.

Then go to your media menu, click your options button and select "Explore". Navigate to the folder you have the files saved in. Click on the .jad file, and it will give you a download screen just like if your were OTA.

If you saved it to Device memory, I would delete it after you install it so you don't waste memory just to store a file.

Good luck.........
    01-14-09 01:03 AM
    I just did it over the air and it worked but downloading it to the memory card gave me a error message when I tried to download it from there.
    Last edited by Kuhns; 01-15-09 at 08:29 PM.
    01-15-09 07:58 PM
    If it gave you the download option but gave an error after you clicked "download" , either ALL the .cod files are not present (there is usually 2 or more) or they were corrupted during the transfer. I would retry the transfer by putting ALL the files into a folder, then transfering the folder to your media card.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD