Its not about spending a few bucks, its about getting crap or not as advertised in return.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 09:41 AM
    No one is complaining about a dollar or two here or there. It's about not being able to test the theme out. A screen shot does is cool but doesn't show everything. I feel the same when I spend .99 and don't get what I want as I do when I spend 50 bucks. Cheated.
    08-23-09 10:21 AM
    Here's my .02

1.) there are plenty of free themes to try
    2.) download the software to build your own theme. I did.

Now here's my point about the cost of the themes. After playing around with building a theme, I can understand why some charge. It does take some personal time to make good themes.

I laugh when people complain about a few bucks here and there. If someone is really concerned about spending that, then they should take a real good look at their budget/finances. Write down all your spending habits and keep all your receipts for a month. I'll bet that person will find that they spend a lot more money on other crap they don't need. For example, Starbucks, fast food, that extra pair shoes you really didn't need. I'm not preaching to the o.p., I'm just stating my opinion.
    Hey! I need my Starbucks! I for one am good with it. It isn't that much money and you can get your money back usually
    08-23-09 10:27 AM
    I paid for the "Bold Crossbar Plus Xtreme" theme and it was worth every penny. You just have to understand what you want from a theme, rather than "that looks cool!".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 02:39 PM
    I agree with the OP, but to play devil's advocate; it's really not worth it to give free trials away of software anymore. It's so easy for these things to be hacked.

For example, Apple stopped doing free trials for 99% of their products because it's easy to download the trial and find a crack for the program. Making that $200-$2500 program, FREE. The same can easily be done for a free trial of a blackberry theme. Odds are, this is why the developer doesn't offer any demo.

Just youtube the themes you're interested in. You can see almost anything demo'd on youtube now.
    08-23-09 03:14 PM
    Now here's my point about the cost of the themes. After playing around with building a theme, I can understand why some charge. It does take some personal time to make good themes.
    So much truth in those words, my first theme i built was so, so utterly horrible haha, it takes awhile to figure everything out and how to put certain things on (today!!), configure the pictures/icons. So time consuming but in the end you happy with what you make. Or at least im happy with the themes i made for me.
    08-23-09 03:31 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD