I've just installed a nice Hulkster theme, which shows message/sms/calendar entries on the homescreen.
    I like this theme because it's clean and simple and has 7 icons at the bottom. But there's two weird things:

First of all, the sms section, instead of showing my INbox, shows the first entries of my OUTbox.

Secondly, Some of the entry texts overlap; Sender overlaps first word of Message. Seems to be a column width kind of issue.

I'm not sure if anyone's familiar with this theme... but is there any way to fix these issues? I tried pulling.
    Last edited by savadepa; 07-07-09 at 08:14 PM.
    07-07-09 08:10 PM
    Hey! Thanks for installing one of my themes

The SMS section display is something I've seen many times before. Seems to be a general blackberry thing where the SMS today area on all themes after a while shows the same SMS all the time, even after you have deleted it. Not sure abot it being the outbox though. Could you send me a screenshot via PM so I can see what you mean?

The overlap issue may be caused by a problem with the OS version you are running and the theme. There is a known compatibility issue that affects all custom themes on older OS's. What OS are you running?

Thanks!
    07-08-09 03:31 AM
    Hey thanks for your reply Hulkster.

I'm running .247

This is what I'm looking at:

The sms section is displaying a (seemingly random) message from my outbox from days ago. When I delete the message, it just shows another random message from my outbox.

Thanks,
    S
    07-08-09 06:10 AM
    Yeah that's the daddy alright. The overlap is due to your OS and a problem with the BBAlphaSans font for those few versions. I did alternative versions of the themes using the Candara font which will get round this issue. The version for this particular one is here - Bold_7_Icon_Msg_SMS_Cal.

The SMS display issue is the one I thought it might be. A battery pull will clear the display but it will return eventually. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it!

Thanks
    07-08-09 09:18 AM
    Ok, I fixed the overlap issue upgrading to .282. But since Messages still aren't displayed correctly in the homescreen, I went for one of your other versions, simply without the sms display.

It's still one of the best theme's I've come across so far, so thanks for that, keep up the good work!

S
    07-08-09 09:42 AM
    Hulkster, do you have any today screens for my brand new Tour. I have lots of appointments and I need something thats works well

gb
    08-15-09 02:16 PM
    Hulkster, do you have any today screens for my brand new Tour. I have lots of appointments and I need something thats works well

gb
    Yeah sure, check this out
    08-15-09 03:05 PM
    Hulkster themes rock!
    08-15-09 09:32 PM
    I just wanted to throw in my praise of Hulkster, both for creating the exact theme I was looking for, and also modifying them to fix the overlap issue(which I was having until I read this post).

Recently I started having an issue with my calendar items no longer showing up in the home screen. I'm not exactly sure why this is the case, as my email and SMS messages show up fine. Any suggestions on why this would happen or how to fix it? Thanks again!
    08-19-09 06:18 AM
    Recently I started having an issue with my calendar items no longer showing up in the home screen. I'm not exactly sure why this is the case, as my email and SMS messages show up fine. Any suggestions on why this would happen or how to fix it? Thanks again!
    This is likely due to your default calendar becoming set to a different one, perhaps following a 3rd party app install. Go to Options > Advanced > Default Services > Default Calendar and change it to the one you expect to see your entries in.
    08-20-09 03:49 AM
    This is likely due to your default calendar becoming set to a different one, perhaps following a 3rd party app install. Go to Options > Advanced > Default Services > Default Calendar and change it to the one you expect to see your entries in.
    I would open-mouth kiss you given the opportunity. Thanks a million.
    08-20-09 05:30 AM
    I would open-mouth kiss you given the opportunity. Thanks a million.
    lol you are welcome, but that's not necessary really. Just eternal gratitude will suffice
    08-20-09 05:46 PM
    Hi Hulkster, your themes are just great. Is it possible to make that all entries are shown with every calendar default? I have 3 emails and each have its own appointment ..

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 08:21 AM
    Hi Hulkster, your themes are just great. Is it possible to make that all entries are shown with every calendar default? I have 3 emails and each have its own appointment ..

Thanks
    I'm afraid that BB themes only support display of items from your default calendar in today areas.

09-23-09 09:53 AM
    Well anyway u still got the best theme ever! Simple and Informative. Thanks

09-24-09 09:28 AM
    Well anyway u still got the best theme ever! Simple and Informative. Thanks
    No, thank you!
    09-26-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD