i got a ton of .JAD files and now i cant install them, i dont have the blackberry plan as i dont need mobile email and just really like the BB bold itself for texting (i know i know its a waste but its worth the $30 i paid for it lol) i have a ton of .jad themes i downloaded and when i go to run them with the "download" button it gives me an error that sais "907 invalid COD file not found"i have like 50 themes and i really dont want to have to find them again, and i really really dont want to have to find them again over wifi in the browser. is there any way to turn the .jad into an .axl or get a .axl from the OTA links because i have all the sites bookmarked and dont mind doing it over my computer.
    04-10-09 09:46 AM
    I heard about a program a couple of months back that you install on your pc that downloads the ota (.jad) and converts it to a Desktop Manager install (.alx). Sorry I don't remember what's its called but its out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 01:23 PM
    its called Blackberry OTA Downloader and its free

Link: blackberrysoftwarelist.net/blackberry-OTA-Downloader.aspx

there is no installing nessesary after you download it. Just double click on the icon and the program starts right up. Here are the steps. Pretty easy
    1. right click on the OTA link of the theme you want
    2. click on properties
    3. copy the address
    4. paste it into OTA Downloader and click on download

OTA will download it and put it into a folder with the theme name in the same location as OTA program is on. Example, if OTA is on your desktop the folder will appear on your desktop.

Next,
    5. Move the folder into the media card of your BB
    6. unplug you BB
    7. find the folder with the theme in it and click on the Jad file
    8. it will ask if its ok to download (dont worry your BB wont connect to the internet)
    9. then your BB will install it.
    10. after the install is complete feel free to delete the folder to save memory

No problems. Looks like alot of steps but really only takes a few mins and its pretty straight forward.

Carlos
    Last edited by los318; 04-10-09 at 01:39 PM. Reason: corrected one of the steps
    04-10-09 01:37 PM
    anyway to do this on a mac or is there an installed for the blackberry itself that will make it work?
    04-10-09 04:21 PM
    kk i got my friends windows laptop to do it really fast, thanks everyone huge help
    04-10-09 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD